• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Aaron Rodgers wants

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you consider legit contenders to this point?

For me I think there are 4:

New Orleans - top defense and they can win a game so many different ways
GB - Rodgers and that offense is still elite. If the defense can be strong they could go on a nice playoff run
LA Rams - Goff doesn't need to be elite but when he is somewhat consistent and doesn't make mistakes this team is very dangerous. They have a top defense and they have playmakers all over the field.
Tampa Bay - the defense is the key here, if they can play better be consistent they are contenders in my mind. Still a little weary but I think they are still a contender.

Only other team that should even be considered is Seattle - still dangerous offensively but inconsistent. Defense is very inconsistent too. Not contenders to this point
Seattle has to be in there....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was week 3. The Saints defense had holes then and was not playing well. They lost to the Raiders! Also, that game was short rest. Good luck thinking GB will do what they did in the same place in a more hostile environment. Yes, GB has an advantage at home. But Kamara is better than Jones.

I thought I explained myself rather clear when I said GB can beat TB but not NO. And if TB and NO face each other in the divisional round, the winner of that will play GB. Thus it's GB or NO.
You thought wrong.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying Seattle can lose at home in the playoffs. Not happened since 2004. GB is losing at home to the Rams or 49ers? Lol, no. So the final four should be NO, GB, Seattle, and TB/NYG. If Seattle loses the division, then LAR could replace Seattle.

The team that's going to get hot as wild card this time resides in the AFC. That's the Ravens.
Of course Seattle can lose at home. That 12 advantage does not exist right now.As for GB, the Niners have always played them tough. The Niner and Rams Ds could shut down Adams and those other Packers WRs aren't good. Don't be so sure.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I one of the few who doesn’t see the nfc as a two team race?
Maybe.
If any of the teams not named Saints or Packers will be a disappointing Superbowl. (Rams would have a puncher's chance with that defense)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.
If any of the teams not named Saints or Packers will be a disappointing Superbowl. (Rams would have a puncher's chance with that defense)
Still think rams n bucs have a better shot than the packers

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, Baltimore is in the right spot

@Bills- that's a win. There is no way Josh Allen is winning against Baltimore in the playoffs. Furthermore, the Ravens haven't lost a road game in the wild card round....ever.

@Steelers or Chiefs....look at KC. They are barely battle tested and seem bored with almost losing to teams like the Panthers, Broncos, and Raiders. They have faced one good team since week 6 and that's TB. If Baltimore goes to KC, they're going to knock off the Chiefs. If it is Pittsburgh, I just do not know if they can lose three times to them. They will probably play the other in the AFCCG or host the Colts.

Ravens have a history winning like this too. They have done it twice with their two SBs and one other time getting to the AFCCG.

Furthermore....if we look at all the 4-6 seeds that have gotten hot in the playoffs, they all had one thing going for them...rematches that they lost the first time or barely won.

In fact all of them that got to a SB had to beat a team they lost to in the regular season. There was no just beating everyone twice. Ravens have this edge the most. They have already lost to the Steelers and Chiefs and are a wild card because of Pittsburgh sweeping them and winning 13-14 games.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re gonna make it
Wont argue that, but they wont make a difference.
If it was back when it was only 6 teams I would think most likely not.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont argue that, but they wont make a difference.
If it was back when it was only 6 teams I would think most likely not.
You may be right. Its just the roster is flush with highly talented guys. They're a mess........but man they can rise up at some point and just squash someone if they decided to not shoot themselves in the foot......

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. Its just the roster is flush with highly talented guys. They're a mess........but man they can rise up at some point and just squash someone if they decided to not shoot themselves in the foot......
yeah.
They are the NFC Souths version of the Falcons.
Wait. the Falcons are the NFC South version of the Bucs.
No wait. they are....
Ahh fuck it.
They suck!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know @SteelersPride if you take the Bucs 1st half of the season & the Falcons 2nd half of the season you would have an actual playoff team.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying Seattle can lose at home in the playoffs. Not happened since 2004. GB is losing at home to the Rams or 49ers? Lol, no. So the final four should be NO, GB, Seattle, and TB/NYG. If Seattle loses the division, then LAR could replace Seattle.

The team that's going to get hot as wild card this time resides in the AFC. That's the Ravens.

The fricking Giants beat them at home. Home field and stadiumd designed to be noisy to help the home team have no effect when there are 0 people in the stands. As left as the people are in Seattle I do not expect for them to allow fans in during the playoffs and even if so 10,000 is not big deal

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fricking Giants beat them at home. Home field and stadiumd designed to be noisy to help the home team have no effect when there are 0 people in the stands. As left as the people are in Seattle I do not expect for them to allow fans in during the playoffs and even if so 10,000 is not big deal
You have to forgive him. He isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. You are right though. The whole "12" factor doesn't play and honestly, it hasn't been much of a factor for a couple years because the defense has been garbage and can't get off the field on 3rd down.