• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a shitty game vs a AHL team

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily the worse game of the year. NJ will be lucky to win 30 games all year.:wtf2:

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they stopped playing after the 1st period and so they got burned...can't sit on leads...even against teams that are struggling. They deserved to lose tonight.

Watched all 3 games this week and came away with a few thoughts. Line of Krej, Luc and Iginla is playing lights out and thank goodness because the rest of the lines are almost non existent offensively. Big Z looks tired already and has definitely lost a step. Krug and Dougie have been pretty solid and they're future looks bright. Never been a fan of Caron and he needs to go back down for good.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Brad Marchand is MIA so far this season

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they stopped playing after the 1st period and so they got burned...can't sit on leads...even against teams that are struggling. They deserved to lose tonight.

Watched all 3 games this week and came away with a few thoughts. Line of Krej, Luc and Iginla is playing lights out and thank goodness because the rest of the lines are almost non existent offensively. Big Z looks tired already and has definitely lost a step. Krug and Dougie have been pretty solid and they're future looks bright. Never been a fan of Caron and he needs to go back down for good.[/QUOTE

Caron is here cause of the injury to Eriksson. Rather see Spooner up

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watched all 3 games this week and came away with a few thoughts. Line of Krej, Luc and Iginla is playing lights out and thank goodness because the rest of the lines are almost non existent offensively. Big Z looks tired already and has definitely lost a step. Krug and Dougie have been pretty solid and they're future looks bright. Never been a fan of Caron and he needs to go back down for good.

:agree: :10: I was just wayyyyy too pissed off & disgusted to post anything last nite after that total meltdown.

Nicely put, bt, and I'm 100% in agreement, especially about Z, unfortunately. I guess all the TOI over the years is finally catching up to his age, but I would still want him on my team, anyday ... anywhere. It really showed during last year's finals against the Hawks - you could definitely tell he was gassed down the stretch. If memory serves me correctly, his plus/minus stat plummeted in that series ... but the Hawks were just clearly the better team, IMO, and had too much firepower and a great goalie playing well.

My comments from last nite's debacle now that I've had the chance to settle down and stop spitting nails.

(1) Again, took the pedal off the gas and just took the last two periods off by gliding around and blowing yet another 2 goal lead. This is the reason that I can't just ever '100% buy into' CJ ... he allows this team to let up and sit on leads. I remember, not too long ago, that a Boston 2 goal lead was pretty much a 'death sentence' to the opposition ... not anymore ... it just seems the opposite nowadays - and it happened plenty of times last year too. This team needs to keep the pressure on and stop letting up by sitting on leads .... period!

(2) Too many stupid penalties last nite and piss poor PK. Everyone of Jersey's goals were scored on the PP!!!! I found that appauling, especially when this team is in the top 3 of PK'ing. WTF happened last nite? It's especially bad when Z gets put in the box ... I've noticed it's a recipe for 'disaster' when we have to kill penalties w/o him on the ice, and it showed when Jersey got their 2nd goal at the end of 2nd period. I had a sinking feeling when Krug got the double-minor last nite late in the game and THEN Bergy, inexplicably, flips the puck over the glass for DOG ... 2 mad advantage NJ and I knew it would soon be 6-3 hockey with a minute to go. Sure enough ... game tied ... then we allowed the game winner skating 6-4. Those were just stupid penalties on our guys at a crucial time in a game we most certainly should have won. I was just beside myself and my neck still hurts from shaking my head all nite over this loss.

(3) This team is relying on Rask wayyyyyy too much. There's only so much you can ask from a guy and expecting him to bail you out of every fucked up situation is asking too much from any goalie. Rask has been playing lights-out in goal, but he could sure use some more help in banging some guys off the puck and from in front of the net.

I dont know if this was just a let down after that grind out win against SJ or it was just a matter of failing to play a full 60 mins of quality B's hockey ... or a combination. All I know is that I haven't been this disgusted with losing a game like I was last nite. There was absolutely no excuse for losing to NJ!

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: :10: I was just wayyyyy too pissed off & disgusted to post anything last nite after that total meltdown.

Nicely put, bt, and I'm 100% in agreement, especially about Z, unfortunately. I guess all the TOI over the years is finally catching up to his age, but I would still want him on my team, anyday ... anywhere. It really showed during last year's finals against the Hawks - you could definitely tell he was gassed down the stretch. If memory serves me correctly, his plus/minus stat plummeted in that series ... but the Hawks were just clearly the better team, IMO, and had too much firepower and a great goalie playing well.

My comments from last nite's debacle now that I've had the chance to settle down and stop spitting nails.

(1) Again, took the pedal off the gas and just took the last two periods off by gliding around and blowing yet another 2 goal lead. This is the reason that I can't just ever '100% buy into' CJ ... he allows this team to let up and sit on leads. I remember, not too long ago, that a Boston 2 goal lead was pretty much a 'death sentence' to the opposition ... not anymore ... it just seems the opposite nowadays - and it happened plenty of times last year too. This team needs to keep the pressure on and stop letting up by sitting on leads .... period!

(2) Too many stupid penalties last nite and piss poor PK. Everyone of Jersey's goals were scored on the PP!!!! I found that appauling, especially when this team is in the top 3 of PK'ing. WTF happened last nite? It's especially bad when Z gets put in the box ... I've noticed it's a recipe for 'disaster' when we have to kill penalties w/o him on the ice, and it showed when Jersey got their 2nd goal at the end of 2nd period. I had a sinking feeling when Krug got the double-minor last nite late in the game and THEN Bergy, inexplicably, flips the puck over the glass for DOG ... 2 mad advantage NJ and I knew it would soon be 6-3 hockey with a minute to go. Sure enough ... game tied ... then we allowed the game winner skating 6-4. Those were just stupid penalties on our guys at a crucial time in a game we most certainly should have won. I was just beside myself and my neck still hurts from shaking my head all nite over this loss.

(3) This team is relying on Rask wayyyyyy too much. There's only so much you can ask from a guy and expecting him to bail you out of every fucked up situation is asking too much from any goalie. Rask has been playing lights-out in goal, but he could sure use some more help in banging some guys off the puck and from in front of the net.

I dont know if this was just a let down after that grind out win against SJ or it was just a matter of failing to play a full 60 mins of quality B's hockey ... or a combination. All I know is that I haven't been this disgusted with losing a game like I was last nite. There was absolutely no excuse for losing to NJ!

CJ system has gotten this team to the Finals 2x in the last 4 years. With new faces it will take some time to get it all together. Iggy looks like he has figured it out. Iggy has never played in a system like this. Calgary never played D and with Pitt they just tried to outscore ppl. Bergy took a penalty cause he was not sure how close he was to the boards. When you r killing a penalty he just tried to get it out as per his interview post game. What team does not rely on their goalie? The second goal he let in was terrible he seems to give up a weak goal per game with the exception of the SJ game. For the most part he has been good. Some penalties are fluke other r just a result of being lazy. They did not play 60 min but vs a team like NJ they should be able to get away with it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of flukey goals in that one. Hard to blame anyone really. I don't blame Brodeur for a lot of goals he gave up nor do I blame Rask. I don't even know if I blame the defenses, seems like almost all of the goals were either own goals, off a skate, or set up by an inadvertent pass.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ system has gotten this team to the Finals 2x in the last 4 years. With new faces it will take some time to get it all together. Iggy looks like he has figured it out. Iggy has never played in a system like this. Calgary never played D and with Pitt they just tried to outscore ppl. Bergy took a penalty cause he was not sure how close he was to the boards. When you r killing a penalty he just tried to get it out as per his interview post game. What team does not rely on their goalie? The second goal he let in was terrible he seems to give up a weak goal per game with the exception of the SJ game. For the most part he has been good. Some penalties are fluke other r just a result of being lazy. They did not play 60 min but vs a team like NJ they should be able to get away with it.

I didnt say teams do not rely on their goalies ... of course, they have to rely on them. What I was stating is that our guys have been relying on Rask wayyyyy too much. I shudder to think how many more losses this team might have if not for the outstanding goal tending he provides.