• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a Difference One Player Makes

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-1 in five starts - and the one blemish was miserable conditions in his hometown, so that’s not upsetting at least to me. Obviously 5 games against less than stellar teams, with the exception of KC, is too early to call Lock a slam dunk to become a star, but there were lots of promising signs that we can get excited about.

With Lock, we now have reason for optimism at a number of key positions. But until there is hope in the QB position, there really isn’t much hope at all. So this is going to be a fun offseason (if that can ever be the case) with 5 draft picks in the top 100, and quite a bit of money to use on a couple key player in FA.

Happy New Year, fellow Broncos fans!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As close as some of the losses were - Lock might have played this team into the playoffs - if he had a chance to start early in the season.

I think the young man is pretty good. If the question was - can Lock win with a bad Oline - the answer is he won with an even worse Oline.

Color me locked in with Lock.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lock being the starter he will be way more on with the WR's next year he has stated he is staying in Denver in the offseason and it is going to be working with WR's as much as possible.

Shrinkucci

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so right about the offensive line needing improvement. The three starting Bronco QBs prior to Lock (all of whom could play--albeit not one has the overall talent Lock appears to have) got beat up and injured because of Elway's failure to bolster the O line for the last three seasons. His ability to draft wisely is suspect. An additional criticism is the lack of creativity offensively. Compare the offensive plays of the Broncs with the 49rs--Denver comes off looking dull, predictable and way too conservative. And incidentally, the decision by Fangio to kick a 57 yard field goal against the Raiders at the end of today's game just plain dumb. Worse, he let our kicker bully him into it. McManus acts like a nine year old when he does not get his way. He is a decent kicker but needs to grow up. Despite these gripes, like you, I'm excited to think we may well have solved out QB problem.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously 5 games against less than stellar teams,

Uh, we did beat Houston, who is a playoff team, in their house. Beating the Lions and Chargers won't wow anyone, but to go into the Texans home stadium when they're still fighting for their division and punch them in the mouth like we did was impressive.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-1 in five starts - and the one blemish was miserable conditions in his hometown, so that’s not upsetting at least to me. Obviously 5 games against less than stellar teams, with the exception of KC, is too early to call Lock a slam dunk to become a star, but there were lots of promising signs that we can get excited about.

With Lock, we now have reason for optimism at a number of key positions. But until there is hope in the QB position, there really isn’t much hope at all. So this is going to be a fun offseason (if that can ever be the case) with 5 draft picks in the top 100, and quite a bit of money to use on a couple key player in FA.

Happy New Year, fellow Broncos fans!
The broncos are a solid football franchise that have no qb. As a vikings fan, i can understand that more than most. At least you all have rings to look back on, lol.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so right about the offensive line needing improvement. The three starting Bronco QBs prior to Lock (all of whom could play--albeit not one has the overall talent Lock appears to have) got beat up and injured because of Elway's failure to bolster the O line for the last three seasons. His ability to draft wisely is suspect. An additional criticism is the lack of creativity offensively. Compare the offensive plays of the Broncs with the 49rs--Denver comes off looking dull, predictable and way too conservative. And incidentally, the decision by Fangio to kick a 57 yard field goal against the Raiders at the end of today's game just plain dumb. Worse, he let our kicker bully him into it. McManus acts like a nine year old when he does not get his way. He is a decent kicker but needs to grow up. Despite these gripes, like you, I'm excited to think we may well have solved out QB problem.

Welcome to the forum - Shrink. We need a shrink around here. :)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the forum - Shrink. We need a shrink around here. :)
The line starts with LGM. :dhd:

and welcome, stick around. This is actually a good place to hang out if you like off-season/draft talk.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line starts with LGM. :dhd:

and welcome, stick around. This is actually a good place to hang out if you like off-season/draft talk.

My mother had me tested.