• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What 2 AFC teams get 1st round bye?

What 2 teams will get 1st round bye in the playoffs?

• Total voters

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are a little skewed. The last 5-6 games they weren’t turning the ball over much at all. Today was remiscent of the first quarter of the season.
Its actually really difficult to judge any of the top AFC teams with stats because the Steelers still went 1-0-1 in those games where they basically gave the game away so its fairly unprecedented.

KC and NE still need to prove they can play some defense. Steelers and I'll throw in Texans both play at least a little bit of defense. Patriots statistically look like they need HFA the most. Steelers look like they have the hardest schedule remaining of the AFC division leaders. I still think Houston is in this battle.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think the Bills are elite defensively. Their O is just that bad.

I wouldn't give any DEF an elite tag this yr...BUF might win 7-8 games...the next 3 games the OFC they are facing won't be much better than their own...all win possibilities.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think KC is taking one....maybe a 13-3, worst case 12-4.

The other one...either HOU, NE or PIT.

I'm thinking HOU goes 11-5...PIT 12-3-1...NE 12-4

In this case the tie goes to PIT.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats not a tie it all comes down to who wins the game
pats own tiebreaker vs hou

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep, i've got Pitt at 12-3-1 or 11-4-1 .. that game in New Orleans is going to be a tough one and the Pats have owned them in the past.

the Texans schedule is easy but they will probably trip up a time or 2 so 11-5 or 12-4 is probably where they end up.

the pats are a hard one to figure ... i suppose they will finish 12-4 with a loss at Pitt but they typically own them so maybe they win that one? but they also have to travel to Miami, which is always strange for them ....

and then the chiefs probably finish 14-2 or 13-3 .... i can see them losing tonight and then maybe tripping up @ seahawks or something like that ....

that would make it

1) Chiefs 13-3 +
2) Pitt 12-3-1 if they beat Pats
3) NE 12-4
4) Hou 11-5

That would be my best guess anyway

as it pertains to your steelers, i think they could finish anywhere from #2 to #4 seed .... it will all depend on their games against the Pats and Saints ..... I can tell you this much .... if the Steelers play like they did yesterday in the first 2 and a half quarters against the Saints or Pats, the score will be 40-0 halfway through the 3rd quarter instead of the paltry 16 pts the Jags were able to put up

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chiefs win tonight, the Chargers are completely screwed since their loss was a division loss. They lose most every tiebreaker scenario with the Chiefs barring the Raiders sweeping the Chiefs (TEARS)

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chiefs win tonight, the Chargers are completely screwed since their loss was a division loss. They lose most every tiebreaker scenario with the Chiefs barring the Raiders sweeping the Chiefs (TEARS)

the Chargers were never going to win that division this season and that became apparent after week 1 .... the people who thought so, even as recently as last week, haven't been paying attention to the fact that Reid has owned their asses since going to KC ..... isn't Reid something like 8-1 versus the Chargers?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Chargers were never going to win that division this season and that became apparent after week 1 .... the people who thought so, even as recently as last week, haven't been paying attention to the fact that Reid has owned their asses since going to KC ..... isn't Reid something like 8-1 versus the Chargers?
He has only lost one game he tried to win. Took a last minute comeback to do. The other loss was against Chase Daniel; with a controversial FG call and a on-brand Succop miss to screw over the Steelers that year as I recall. They even lose to Chase Daniel in 2014, which is doubly sad because

A) That year the Chiefs had zero WR TD's, and they were really that bad at WR
B) The Chargers would've been in the playoffs with a W IIRC.

Reid just owns them, and Sutton's scheme seems to own Rivers for whatever reason.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs & Chargers are both locks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, i've got Pitt at 12-3-1 or 11-4-1 .. that game in New Orleans is going to be a tough one and the Pats have owned them in the past.

the Texans schedule is easy but they will probably trip up a time or 2 so 11-5 or 12-4 is probably where they end up.

the pats are a hard one to figure ... i suppose they will finish 12-4 with a loss at Pitt but they typically own them so maybe they win that one? but they also have to travel to Miami, which is always strange for them ....

and then the chiefs probably finish 14-2 or 13-3 .... i can see them losing tonight and then maybe tripping up @ seahawks or something like that ....

that would make it

1) Chiefs 13-3 +
2) Pitt 12-3-1 if they beat Pats
3) NE 12-4
4) Hou 11-5

That would be my best guess anyway

as it pertains to your steelers, i think they could finish anywhere from #2 to #4 seed .... it will all depend on their games against the Pats and Saints ..... I can tell you this much .... if the Steelers play like they did yesterday in the first 2 and a half quarters against the Saints or Pats, the score will be 40-0 halfway through the 3rd quarter instead of the paltry 16 pts the Jags were able to put up

I see it much the same way (2 to 4 for PIT depending on week 15). I'm concerned about this DEN game to be honest...PIT simply has not played well out there in several trips....some of that has been the DEN DEF which is not quite as good as they've been in the past so hopefully they get that one...I'm not as in awe of the 2018 version of the Patriots...they don't seem as good on either side of the ball, but BB owns Tomlin and specifically the DEF.

This yr so far I'm liking the Steeler OFC vs NE. I'm not liking the Saints game much at all. NO doesn't have a great DEF, but in the dome they play better...coupled with Brees and that OFC, one of the best HFA in the league today....12-3-1 with a win over NE would be ideal and would lock up the #2 most likely.

IF NE gets the 2, I forsee a NE @ KC AFCCG.