• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WGC - Victor DuBush vs Day!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.pgatour.com/news/2014/02/23/jason-day-ross-column.html

Wow...if you didn't see this match on Sunday you missed one of the more drama filled matchplay rounds imo ever televised.

It was a mixture of terrible shots followed by Houdini like escapes for par by the Frenchman Victor Dubuisson. Yeah the commentators made it seem like he walked on water, but in realty he got real lucky twice.

Good stuff.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another topic, will Mahan go down as one of the biggest chokes ever? This is starting to be a very familiar trend. :bawling:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.pgatour.com/news/2014/02/23/jason-day-ross-column.html

Wow...if you didn't see this match on Sunday you missed one of the more drama filled matchplay rounds imo ever televised.

It was a mixture of terrible shots followed by Houdini like escapes for par by the Frenchman Victor Dubuisson. Yeah the commentators made it seem like he walked on water, but in realty he got real lucky twice.

Good stuff.

I thought Doobie played pretty well and almost won. Jason Day was tough though. That course is a monster though. I've played it many times and unless you are extremely accurate with your irons, not "hit the green" accurate, but hit a "spot on the green" accurate, I would not recommend playing it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Doobie played pretty well and almost won. Jason Day was tough though. That course is a monster though. I've played it many times and unless you are extremely accurate with your irons, not "hit the green" accurate, but hit a "spot on the green" accurate, I would not recommend playing it.

I thought he had made one of the putts to win it on about the 3rd extra hole, but it wasn't to be...kudos to Day for staying in the moment watching those crazy U & D to halve holes.

Yea...there's a course here in GA over near Augusta with some really difficult green complexes (Crenshaw/Coore design)...not super long, but for an average Joe, the ball could be placed on every green in reg in the wrong spot and most 10 hdcp would struggle to make a single par. You're better off missing the green in the correct side vs hitting the green on the wrong side of the pin.

We played our tourney there one year, and the head pro forewarned me about 5 putting...I shared that with the group during our practice round and we all laughed it off...1st round of the tourney, sure enough someone 5 putted the 1st green.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed it but it is cool to see match play...no wasted time on the clean ups.

We play match in our weekly league and it's the only way to go for that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed it but it is cool to see match play...no wasted time on the clean ups.

We play match in our weekly league and it's the only way to go for that.

I would love to see the PGA Championship go back to being a match play event. Give it some flair and make it distinct from the other Majors.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the PGA Championship go back to being a match play event. Give it some flair and make it distinct from the other Majors.

I'd still watch it, but idk about that, maybe if it was double elimination. I could see international players that don't play the PGAT skipping it. I think the best thing the PGA could do is take the tourney around the world and alternate...one stateside, then abroad the next.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PGA would never go back to match play because of TV.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet he still qualifies for match play tournaments??

Jeez, what I'm saying is, for Stricker its more an issue of rust than choking. I think Mahan is really becoming the quintessential choke artist.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still watch it, but idk about that, maybe if it was double elimination. I could see international players that don't play the PGAT skipping it. I think the best thing the PGA could do is take the tourney around the world and alternate...one stateside, then abroad the next.

I think it would not only make every day important, but every match as well. Imagine Woods and Mickelson going head to head for a Major. I mean, that's what everyone is hoping for on Sunday afternoon anyway, right? I frickin love the Ryder Cup and I think the PGA would become something similar.

Its all about what type of golf interest you most I guess. To me, the way it is now, the PGA is just an after thought. I really don't even consider it a Major.