• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westerman

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I just sorta roll my eyes when fans think they know more than the coaches..... In this case though, it is clearly true. So many of you have been saying all along that Westerman needs to play for this team.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...westerman-hive-cincinnati-bengals/2280747002/

This coaching staff is an embarrassment to the profession.

Christian Westerman. PFF and the #WestermanHive have been screaming for this all season, claiming the numbers say the 2016 fifth-round pick should be playing based on his performance last year and in the preseason. Yet, he never received a chance. That is, until Sunday when he plowed the path for Joe Mixon and came away as the highest graded Bengals player on offense. He didn’t allow a pressure in the passing game and his rushing grade of 80.6 is tied for the highest run blocking grade in any game this season by a Bengals interior offensive lineman (Trey Hopkins playing center vs Tampa Bay). As for completing a game without a single pressure, Clint Boling (2) and Alex Redmond (1) have only accomplished that feat three times this season. There’s more on the Westerman Effect below in the Premium Stat of the Week section.

Rushing direction

When looking at directional running by Mixon on Sunday, you see a significant difference running to the left side compared the right. In fact, when totaling everything from the right side of the center to the sideline, Mixon rushed 13 times for 26 yards. When looking at the totals rushing to the left of the center, Mixon carried 12 times for 88 yards, an average of 7.3 yards per carry. That includes three carries of at least 10 yards. All of those came directly behind the left guard. Hard not to direct some of that success back to the job Westerman was able to do on the ground pushing the line in his opportunity.

Thought I would help some folks out. lol