• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wes Welker Shut Down

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it has been announced the Welker is being shut down for the final 2 games of the regular season. He has started doing some light work on the field and time with the training staff in the weight room but has yet to fully be cleared to play. The team has decided it is in his and the team's best interest to shut him down for a bit.

Honestly this is exactly what I was hoping would happen. The Broncos have an abundance of TE's at their disposal that can fill in for Welker while he fully recovers and save him for the part of the season that really matters in the playoffs.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it has been announced the Welker is being shut down for the final 2 games of the regular season. He has started doing some light work on the field and time with the training staff in the weight room but has yet to fully be cleared to play. The team has decided it is in his and the team's best interest to shut him down for a bit.

Honestly this is exactly what I was hoping would happen. The Broncos have an abundance of TE's at their disposal that can fill in for Welker while he fully recovers and save him for the part of the season that really matters in the playoffs.

And Caldwell's in the mix too.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell was the only one making plays last week. He filled in nicely for Wes IMO.

Sucks Wes is out though. I just hope he's ready come playoff time.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree, cd. We should be able to get by without him. Hopefully, he can get some playing time next week as a tune-up before the playoffs though. With the 1st round bye, it will be good for the starters to get as much PT as possible in the final week before the playoffs. That 2-week gap between games can cause a little rust to form, especially in the timing-dependant offense.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they switch things up a bit this week. Use Tamme in the slot. Caldwell has speed and good hands, but is not exactly an over the middle guy. Tamme is able to use his size to get open.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scheduling gods may have looked favorably upon the Broncos in the fact that we are playing two of the worst teams in the league these last two weeks. With Welker out for this week, and possibly next, the team will be forced to use different offensive sets/looks/combos than they otherwise would. This will allow the Broncos to not only practice these different looks, but will keep our playoff opponents guessing even more about what the offense might do in any given situation.

I'm not saying these last two games are gimmes, just that they are a lot more winnable than other matchups would be.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the fan radio this morning, they were saying that the new concussion protocol says that if Wes gets another concussion this season, he would not be allowed to play again this year. Playoffs or not. I'm sure that played a part in Wes being sat for games that should be winnable without him.