• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz to Indy

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree getting the 1st is much better than a 2nd, and no I don't think you'll be one to bitch about the trade, as you were never a fan boy, and for the most part your pretty level headed. I agree if their in the hunt they wont bench him, but it probably also means he's not playing a little less than shitty..

They have a pretty good roster, so if he plays avg(say like Rivers this year, or slightly worse), I still think they can be in the playoff hunt. They were in the mix with Brissett a couple years back and he was pretty average that year.

I don't know what to expect out of him. It'll be interesting to see what he does.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny seeing some Eagles fans seeing this as a good return. What they gave up for him to trade up, his value at his peak, etc. Fas and the team valued him as a franchise QB and not too long ago they probably thought a Watson return or close was the only return suited. With all the dead cap...this isn’t anything close to a win. The only way this can somewhat be healed for now is if Hurts becomes the real deal, which doesn’t seem very likely.

It is a good return given how shitty he looked last year. The real mistake was giving him the extension. These picks won't matter if the FO keeps the track record of the last couple seasons of picking awful.

Also, I'm fine with what we gave up to get him. His one really great year put us in position to win the Super Bowl. It was certainly better than trying it with Sam Bradford or Chase Daniels.

I'm not sold on Hurts at all. Drafting him wasn't a good decision. The sad part is the offense was better with him than Wentz, that's how awful Wentz was.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a pretty good roster, so if he plays avg(say like Rivers this year, or slightly worse), I still think they can be in the playoff hunt. They were in the mix with Brissett a couple years back and he was pretty average that year.

I don't know what to expect out of him. It'll be interesting to see what he does.
I agree they got a pretty good roster, but if they are a clear cut playoff team 6 weeks in, it mist likely means Wentz is playing well and the 2nd becomes a 1st. If they aren't a clear cut playoff team because Wentz is playing a little less than shitty, they most likely sit Wentz to keep the 1st and hope a 2nd season under Reich in 22 brings out the good Wentz.

I highly doubt the Colts let that condition trigger unless they are fully satisfied with Wentz.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The colts roster is built just fantastically. Theyre missing the qb and some weapons.

theres plenty of wr to have, and a receiving tight end.

IF IF IF IF wentz plays semi decent. Theyre a superbowl contender.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny seeing some Eagles fans seeing this as a good return. What they gave up for him to trade up, his value at his peak, etc. Fas and the team valued him as a franchise QB and not too long ago they probably thought a Watson return or close was the only return suited. With all the dead cap...this isn’t anything close to a win. The only way this can somewhat be healed for now is if Hurts becomes the real deal, which doesn’t seem very likely.
One of the worst (maybe it's best?) parts to me is that I think Wentz is 10 times the QB Hurts is. Philly should just take a QB in the 1st because Hurts is not going to be an NFL starter IMO. If they plan to play Hurts the whole year they will be drafting in the top 10 again

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst (maybe it's best?) parts to me is that I think Wentz is 10 times the QB Hurts is. Philly should just take a QB in the 1st because Hurts is not going to be an NFL starter IMO. If they plan to play Hurts the whole year they will be drafting in the top 10 again
I do agree, but how's it going to look if you don't give Hurts a shot after you benched the guy you just gave $$$$$ to for?

If they go QB early it's going to be like Matt Millen and Detroit all over again.

On a way they're in a damned if they do, dammed if they don’t situation.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree, but how's it going to look if you don't give Hurts a shot after you benched the guy you just gave $$$$$ to for?

If they go QB early it's going to be like Matt Millen and Detroit all over again.

What they invested in Hurts, they should go get him some help and forget drafting a QB. If next season Hurts looks horrible, chances are the team could be top 3 to draft and then go get your QBoF.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What they invested in Hurts, they should go get him some help and forget drafting a QB. If next season Hurts looks horrible, chances are the team could be top 3 to draft and then go get your QBoF.
I either agree or disagree with either of these comments.
the Front office needs to listen to whoever is making this QB decision & stick with it.
If they think Hurts is the guy, then forget what a lot of us are saying or thinking & march forward with him.
If they dont. Dont use the excuse of where he was drafted (invested). Go find your answer elsewhere. Why waste a year?
Stick to your evaluation. Whether that means ignoring naysayers or swallowing the bitter pill.

I personally agree with @jarntt I think he is gonna be a waste of time when all is said & done. So I kinda hope they roll with him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1613940652002.png
The Carson Wentz trade apparently didn’t sit well with the Philadelphia Eagles. After investing years of time and millions in cold hard cash on the former No. 2 pick, Philadelphia had to move Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts last week for a third-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft and a conditional second-rounder in 2022.

There simply was not a huge trade market for Wentz. While the Chicago Bears joined Indianapolis in showing interest in Wentz, they grew impatient over trade talks.

Other quarterback-needy teams in that of the San Francisco 49ers, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos did not have any real interest in a Wentz trade. It led to a watered-down market for his services, as evidenced by the Eagles’ reaction to the return they received, as ESPN’s Tim McManus noted (h/t the NY Post):

“Not thrilled. They recognize the return they got versus what they invested in (Wentz) does not match up. The reality is they were selling at a low point. There was one team really hot after him because of Frank Reich’s connection to Wentz, and that was the Colts. So I don’t think the Eagles wake up happy to this, but they recognize it was fair market value — all things considered.”

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at their schedule in 2021. They play their own weak division and the relatively weak AFC East. The Colts could end up with a good record and make the playoffs by beating no one special.

This could affect that conditional draft pick, too, if their schedule ends up front-loaded with weak opponents.