• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz to Indy

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Carr the Colts could challenge in the AFC, rolling with Wentz while you have a window is a huge risk. But the picks were reasonable and if it does turn into a 1st that may mean Wentz worked out, although the triggers do not appear to be based on performance only games played.

As for the Eagles I definitely see them looking QB with their top pick, did Hurts really show enough to not go in that direction? And of course this will nuke their cap which was bad anyway and before the cap goes down as expected. I have no idea what they will do about that situation.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy was really dumb to allow the pick to turn into a 1st rounder. Eagles would have eventually relented and done the trade without that kicker in the trade.

No one was going to outbid the Colts offer. Chicago was one of the only other real bidders against them because Phili wasnt going to trade him in division to Washington And Chicago really couldn't have afforded Wentz so they werent going to give up this much for him.

Phili flat out had Indy bidding against themselves and somehow made it work.

It isn't that unrealistic to see Indy to go 6-10 or 7-9 next year and be giving up a pick in the #8-#15 range for a QB that is bottom 1/3rd in the league.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy was really dumb to allow the pick to turn into a 1st rounder. Eagles would have eventually relented and done the trade without that kicker in the trade.

No one was going to outbid the Colts offer. Chicago was one of the only other real bidders against them because Phili wasnt going to trade him in division to Washington And Chicago really couldn't have afforded Wentz so they werent going to give up this much for him.

It isn't that unrealistic to see Indy to go 6-10 or 7-9 next year and be giving up a pick in the #8-#15 range for a QB that is bottom 1/3rd in the league.
If the pick turns into a 1st it means Indy likes what they see from Wentz. If he doesn't show improvement they keep him under the snap count and send the 2nd.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine that they bench him if he is in the bottom 1/3 of the league. Id imagine it only takes about 4 or 5 games for a team to realize that a guy is a total bum.

AFC South might also have the Texans without Watson in it so thats two free wins. Jaguars with rookie Lawrence might be good but probably not. Only real playoff competition is the Titans and they are a Derrick Henry injury away from losing relevance.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Difficult seeing them win 6 games in that division but yeah it isn’t unrealistic. Wentz did have his best season under Reich but I think it’s going to be a boom or bust with him in Indy.

Jags could be better but they will still have a rookie QB and the Texans could be the worst team in the NFL but it does look like they have a pretty tough schedule. They play the NFCW +AFCE + BAL + LV

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not understanding the thought of the Eagles drafting a QB in the first round. I'm not sold on Hurts being much more than a 4 game flash in the pan either but any QB philly drafts is doomed to failure with that roster. The Oline is not good. They have shit for WRs. Ertz will likely be moved. They will likely lose guys on the defensive side due to the cap situation. Nothing good can come from drafting a QB this year, imo. They need to rebuild that team from the ground up and the first thing Lurie should do with his buddy Howie is sit him behind a desk in the back room with a calculator and tell him his sole purpose is cap management. Do not let Roseman have any input in player evaluation come draft day or they will likely be drafting a third string WR when a superstar is on the board.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not understanding the thought of the Eagles drafting a QB in the first round. I'm not sold on Hurts being much more than a 4 game flash in the pan either but any QB philly drafts is doomed to failure with that roster. The Oline is not good. They have shit for WRs. Ertz will likely be moved. They will likely lose guys on the defensive side due to the cap situation. Nothing good can come from drafting a QB this year, imo. They need to rebuild that team from the ground up and the first thing Lurie should do with his buddy Howie is sit him behind a desk in the back room with a calculator and tell him his sole purpose is cap management. Do not let Roseman have any input in player evaluation come draft day or they will likely be drafting a third string WR when a superstar is on the board.
To me, drafting a QB is signalling that they are rebuilding the team from the ground up. Whichever QB is there at 6 is likely going to need to sit for at least half a year. Hurts is a QB just good enough talent to get them in the dreaded 6-10, 7-9 range.

I do agree with your assessment of their roster.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to be hilarious when Wentz leads Indy to 10 straight playoff appearances and Philly continues to Philly.
What exactly is "to Philly". We have been in the playoffs most of the past 20 years. I am sure there are a whole lot of teams that would like "to Philly"

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, drafting a QB is signalling that they are rebuilding the team from the ground up. Whichever QB is there at 6 is likely going to need to sit for at least half a year. Hurts is a QB just good enough talent to get them in the dreaded 6-10, 7-9 range.

I do agree with your assessment of their roster.
Honestly, I think any QB they draft in their slot is Sam Darnold 2.0, no chance to succeed. And I think every QB in this draft is over hyped. Philly will just be spinning their wheels on the QB carossel like the Browns did in the early teens. Even if they found a good QB, they can't seem to draft WRs for shit and they have way too many other issues. I get that everybody looks at QB as the most important position and it is, to a point. But no QB succeeds in this league without those other 52 guys and especially those other 10 on that side of the ball.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for Colts, if anyone can help Wentz it has to be Reich. The Eagles are clueless like usual
Clueless? The last time your team won a SB, they played in St Louis.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think any QB they draft in their slot is Sam Darnold 2.0, no chance to succeed. And I think every QB in this draft is over hyped. Philly will just be spinning their wheels on the QB carossel like the Browns did in the early teens. Even if they found a good QB, they can't seem to draft WRs for shit and they have way too many other issues. I get that everybody looks at QB as the most important position and it is, to a point. But no QB succeeds in this league without those other 52 guys and especially those other 10 on that side of the ball.
A big part of the Browns QB carousel is that they got duped into picking late 1st round QBs. I do agree that you shouldn't take a QB to just take a QB. Imo there are 7 major values in this upcoming draft. 4 QBs, 1 OT, 1 WR, 1 TE. If the Eagles take one of them then thats the right move and they just have to rely on their other decisions mattering.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a fan, I like the odds of drafting at 6 in this draft and getting a franchise QB, as opposed to say drafting top 3 next year, with how that QB class projects. Unless Sewell were to drop to 6, I hope we take a QB, except if the top 4 are all off the board which I doubt.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think Carr would have been a perfect fit for what the Colts need.

With that said. as far as the fun part of this post.
Reich is a genius who has already done this.
He starts Wentz for 12 games Where he will be able to evaluate if he wants to keep him for the next year.
In the 12th game he gets pulled for either an "injury" or playing bad, bringing in Foles (who they also traded for) to give them their Superbowl Run playing in 4+ games in the regular season!
See the source image

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the pick turns into a 1st it means Indy likes what they see from Wentz. If he doesn't show improvement they keep him under the snap count and send the 2nd.
The Colts are unlikely to acquire a viable #2 QB and they're unlikely to be under .44. Even if they're 4-5 it'll be difficult to pull an under-performing Wentz to 'save' a Draft pick. I expect the Eagles to get the Colts 1st round pick in 2022 even if Wentz is a bottom 8 starting QB.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts are unlikely to acquire a viable #2 QB and they're unlikely to be under .44. Even if they're 4-5 it'll be difficult to pull an under-performing Wentz to 'save' a Draft pick. I expect the Eagles to get the Colts 1st round pick in 2022 even if Wentz is a bottom 8 starting QB.
If the Eagles get the 1st, it means Wentz impressed the Colts enough to warrant that first.