• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz to Indy

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy has a Hell of an OL, a solid RB, a good defense and most important an excellent HC. They won't make him try and win games by throwing 50 times a week to scrub receivers. Comeback player of the year
I agree with all of that with a but. Reich has the tall task of fixing a broken brain that Pederson completely fucked up. And Wentz is a turnover machine. That needs serious fixing. I think the int numbers can be reduced fairly easily by play calling but the fumble issues and indecisiveness and lack of presence in the pocket that causes those issues is going to take some hard work. Reich also has to teach Wentz how to read and take what the defense gives him. Too many forced deep balls when underneath guys were wide open for huge yac yards.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like they got that Stafford deal they were looking for lol

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wentz is garbage. once his fragile ass got injured, again, in 2019 and foles led the eagles right back to the playoffs.. the writing was on the wall. well, except for 99% of idiot eagles fans who thought he was STILL "elite".. even though he NEVER was to begin with.

the majority of them here spent 2 years crying, talking shit and ignoring me because i said we need to unload wentz immediately for picks and/or players so we can rebuild quickly. now we got shit in return.. and the same monday morning QB's are still babbling away like they have a clue.

indy is clearly a very good team. however, wentz will do nothing to get them where they need to be. he doesn't have the accuracy, pocket awareness or even common sense to consistently lead a team.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 8 starting QBs in the NFL that weren't first round draft picks. Brees (very first pick in the second round), Brady, Prescott, and Wilson weren't first rounders, and are obviously good (great) starters. Cousins is a serviceable starter. The other 3 are bums.
True but of the 24 or so first rounders, only about 5 or 6 are any good. Now, a couple of the youngsters look very good and capable but we just don't know yet. So maybe 8 or 9 bonafide when it all comes down. Tgat's a 1 in 3 ratio.Not great. And I do believe teams are forced into giving guys a longer leash because they used that high pick on them. Also teams neglect the other issues the team needs. I would say at least a dozen QBs starting that were first rounders are average to below average. So you can get just as good of play out of 2nd, 3rd or whatever. That's really my only issue with drafting these guys. A lot of wasted draft capital that doesn't build championship teams.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d0ceba2bd6ae8afc6a8b474dc9445274.gif

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the Colts now have something like $60 million tied up in QB's this year? What happens to foles and brissett from here?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a really good job by the Eagles FO. Got a good return for a busted QB.

Indy vastly overrated Wentz over the alternatives (Cam, Trubisky, Brissett, Taylor).

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Wentz is the greatest QB the Colts have ever had!

signed- rememberthekoy
Nope: hes gonna praise the eagles, talk about how he wants a qb drafted. If he gets it, that guys propaganda begind, if not back to hurts top qb talk.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but of the 24 or so first rounders, only about 5 or 6 are any good. Now, a couple of the youngsters look very good and capable but we just don't know yet. So maybe 8 or 9 bonafide when it all comes down. Tgat's a 1 in 3 ratio.Not great. And I do believe teams are forced into giving guys a longer leash because they used that high pick on them. Also teams neglect the other issues the team needs. I would say at least a dozen QBs starting that were first rounders are average to below average. So you can get just as good of play out of 2nd, 3rd or whatever. That's really my only issue with drafting these guys. A lot of wasted draft capital that doesn't build championship teams.
I think it is a crapshoot at any point in the draft but still more likely to end up with a starting QB drafting early and in the 1st, which makes sense.

I mean the odds are still way in your favor when taking one in the 1st rather than after that or late

All guys drafted in the 1st:

Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson
Baker Mayfield
Joe Burrow (we will see)
DeShaun Watson
Ryan Tannehill
Alex Smith
Justin Herbert
Pat Mahomes
Jared Goff
Matthew Stafford
Matt Ryan
Kyler Murray
Aaron Rodgers

I mean that’s a lot of starting QB’s drafted in the 1st

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how the pick converting to a first is not even based on how he performs. If he plays 75% of the snaps it becomes a 1st. Smart play by Indy basing it on his health.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a really good job by the Eagles FO. Got a good return for a busted QB.

Indy vastly overrated Wentz over the alternatives (Cam, Trubisky, Brissett, Taylor).
None of those guys are even close to Wentz at this point and that is saying a lot considering Wentz played like shit last year. No dead cap after 2021. Give up a 3rd and 2nd to try it out...why not, if he gets injured who cares. None of those guys could do more...add in Jimmy G or even Cousins. Wentz was really best guy on the market not named Deshaun Watson