• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Mayfield: who would you rather have?

who would you rather have?

• Wentz

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Mayfield

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever? That's it? You are the one who pointed out the Browns were 1-2 with the short guys. Are you saying Denver was not 0-2 with the big ones? Tell me all the other short ones drafted high who flamed out. We can take turns.

Jamarcus Russell.....your turn,
Am I supposed to name tiny guys?

Cuz I'm out of first rounders off the top of my head. Cleveland takes them.

Dudes miss more field goals than chicks in the NFL. Cuz nobody signs chicks to be there kicker. Your comparison is pointless, not much less than that would be.

You can name every bad QB if you want. Most of them won't be short, you're gonna win your battle for sure.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the QB with one really good season and the most amount of Playoff wins

Wait a minute

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is guaranteed, but he just strikes me as a different kind of cat to let the jinx occur.

Jinx is not the best word for it....it's human nature to repeat what worked well, DEF are generally better prepared for it in yr 2...even the good ones kind of plateau that 2nd yr and take the next step in yr 3 after they adjust...by yr 3 as a starter you've faced most of the DEF schemes especially in DIV.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I supposed to name tiny guys?

Cuz I'm out of first rounders off the top of my head. Cleveland takes them.

Dudes miss more field goals than chicks in the NFL. Cuz nobody signs chicks to be there kicker. Your comparison is pointless, not much less than that would be.

You can name every bad QB if you want. Most of them won't be short, you're gonna win your battle for sure.
That's the point. Read this carefully please until it sinks in (do not rush) - no one is saying there are not more big QBs in the NFL. what I am saying is that the % of big QBs who make it do not succeed at a higher rate than the shorter ones.

We have already pointed out that 1 of 2 small dudes on the Browns succeeded while 0-2 of the Bronco guys did in that time. 1 of 2 is 50% and higher than 0 of 2 which is 0%.

If you need help, just ask.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jinx is not the best word for it....it's human nature to repeat what worked well, DEF are generally better prepared for it in yr 2...even the good ones kind of plateau that 2nd yr and take the next step in yr 3 after they adjust...by yr 3 as a starter you've faced most of the DEF schemes especially in DIV.
I don't doubt a dropoff could happen but would think the combo of accurate, smart AND a strong arm might allow him to avoid a dropoff.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point. Read this carefully please until it sinks in (do not rush) - no one is saying there are not more big QBs in the NFL. what I am saying is that the % of big QBs who make it do not succeed at a higher rate than the shorter ones.

We have already pointed out that 1 of 2 small dudes on the Browns succeeded while 0-2 of the Bronco guys did in that time. 1 of 2 is 50% and higher than 0 of 2 which is 0%.

If you need help, just ask.
Dumb.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you kind of are if you don't get this but I was being nice.

was even able to smack you around with your own "logic". or do you think 0 for 2 is more than 1 for 2 still?

Poor guy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yer being a dumb homer.

It's what this whole fucking forum is. PF has more logic than this shithole.
Nope....I'm smacking you around with your own logic. Browns drafted 2 short guys early and looks like 1 made it. Denver drafted 2 big guys early (3 if you want to count Tebow) and all were busts.

Has nothing to do with my own team, you just foolishly picked them to call out.

I'm aware not in you to admit your gaffe, though.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how he adjusts to year 2 with Kitchens now running the show. Seeing what Monken was able to get out of Ryan Fitzpatrick last year with a below average line makes me think Mayfield will only get better in year 2. His weapons are going to be back (we'll see about Perriman), and they're not entering the year with Jackson and Haley providing unnecessary drama.

Also, it's a mixed bag on the whole "year 2" thing. Guys like Peyton, Matt Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, Wentz, Mitch Trubisky, Russell Wilson, and Andrew Luck all saw improvement, be it moderate or dramatic, in their second seasons as starting QB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how he adjusts to year 2 with Kitchens now running the show. Seeing what Monken was able to get out of Ryan Fitzpatrick last year with a below average line makes me think Mayfield will only get better in year 2. His weapons are going to be back (we'll see about Perriman), and they're not entering the year with Jackson and Haley providing unnecessary drama.

Also, it's a mixed bag on the whole "year 2" thing. Guys like Peyton, Matt Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, Wentz, Mitch Trubisky, Russell Wilson, and Andrew Luck all saw improvement, be it moderate or dramatic, in their second seasons as starting QB.

I forget what you've been thru...:doh: I'm not saying he's going to flop his second yr...If he got his TDs around 30 and INTs under 10...I would call that a good improvement.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget what you've been thru...:doh: I'm not saying he's going to flop his second yr...If he got his TDs around 30 and INTs under 10...I would call that a good improvement.
The INTs, I definitely agree with. Ideally I'd like to see him around 8-9. However, he had 27 TDs last year in only 13 games, so I'd like to see him closer to maybe 33-35 this year. Honestly, if he was around what Matt Ryan did this year (4,924-35-7) that would be amazing, and other than the yardage I don't think that's out of the question, but something like 4,000-33-8 would probably mean they're in the playoffs, so long as the defense doesn't get killed by injuries.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The INTs, I definitely agree with. Ideally I'd like to see him around 8-9. However, he had 27 TDs last year in only 13 games, so I'd like to see him closer to maybe 33-35 this year. Honestly, if he was around what Matt Ryan did this year (4,924-35-7) that would be amazing, and other than the yardage I don't think that's out of the question, but something like 4,000-33-8 would probably mean they're in the playoffs, so long as the defense doesn't get killed by injuries.
Projecting never works wel and I’m
On ur side

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha man i jacked my back up.............

but my cat was hitting 4 ounces, that dude is starting to bulk up
My dog is a pussy on bench but he's slamming dead lift these days

WTF you do to your back?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dog is a pussy on bench but he's slamming dead lift these days

WTF you do to your back?
well shit, turn ur dog into mr ass, fire those glutes

i have 5 bulging discs. been ok, totally ok, tweaked it a bit the other day at work. THen i honestly dont know what i did at the gym, i stood up from the bench, and it just rocked me. BUt no pain with anything prior to that . so who knows

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well shit, turn ur dog into mr ass, fire those glutes

i have 5 bulging discs. been ok, totally ok, tweaked it a bit the other day at work. THen i honestly dont know what i did at the gym, i stood up from the bench, and it just rocked me. BUt no pain with anything prior to that . so who knows
It sounds like you've gymed enough. Might be time to focus on cardio for a while.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize we have 16 homer Philthy fans here on the Hoop.