• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Mayfield: who would you rather have?

who would you rather have?

• Wentz

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Mayfield

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about either.

Wentz is an injury concern already. Baker is small and somewhat of a risk taker. And the Browns are still the Browns.

I'm just not so sure "small" is a very good reason for risk in this day and age in the NFL. There are a lot of guys smaller than 6'0" 210 lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't have anything you can be concerned about if you saw him play tbh. It's not like he was inaccurate. He had rookie QB jitters like everyone does at times but he has all the traits of a future great QB. I could see getting jitters about a guy that had questions coming out of college, bad accuracy, flimsy arm, etc. but this is different imo. The only thing a little concerning is his Favre-like decision-making at times but it's things you have to live with...I saw a lot of progression over his first year.

Just need to see more.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Russell Wilson is shit lol

I'm not into small, mobile QBs, Im just not.

Wilson being the only real, confirmed, arguement against my stance. Baker Mayfield is not Wilson. Which is good, cuz Wilson is a fake ass programmed machine of a man. He's annoying, seems impossible he'd be enjoyable to hang out with. Mayfield seems like a guy I'd like. Which might not be a good thing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, the closest we can come to apples to apples is their rookie seasons. I'm always concerned about the soph jinx I guess, especially with the QB position.
Nothing is guaranteed, but he just strikes me as a different kind of cat to let the jinx occur.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I loved Barkley they wouldn't have won 3 games taking him imo. That was the perfect draft to take a QB and it looks like so far they made the right choice...finally lol
No doubt. QB matters so much. Put Baker on the 0-16 team and they win at least 5-6 games. Conversely, put Kizer on last year's team and they'd be lucky to win 3.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not so sure "small" is a very good reason for risk in this day and age in the NFL. There are a lot of guys smaller than 6'0" 210 lol
This small QB issue is so overblown. The vast majority of ALL QBs drafted do not amount to much. And I agree more QBs are bigger than under 6-1, but is there anything factual that says a larger majority of small QBs who make it to the NFL fail than larger QBs?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This small QB issue is so overblown. The vast majority of ALL QBs drafted do not amount to much. And I agree more QBs are bigger than under 6-1, but is there anything factual that says a larger majority of small QBs who make it to the NFL fail than larger QBs?
Would you like to compare lists of small versus large?

One list is long, the other, is, well..... short.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you like to compare lists of small versus large?

One list is long, the other, is, well..... short.
You think you can come up with a larger % of short QBs who failed to big/tall ones? Are you being serious?

No one said there were not more big QBs. If you don't know the difference here, ask.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think you can come up with a larger % of short QBs who failed to big/tall ones? Are you being serious?

No one said there were not more big QBs. If you don't know the difference here, ask.
Your Browns have two of the top 5-6 Lil ones in the league currently, I get where your motivation comes from on this.

But it's not much of a comparison.

Even Cleveland is only one for two on first round undersized, mobile QBs. And the good one is a hopeful vote.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Browns have two of the top 5-6 Lil ones in the league currently, I get where your motivation comes from on this.

But it's not much of a comparison.

Even Cleveland is only one for two on first round undersized, mobile QBs. And the good one is a hopeful vote.
Should we list all the big QBs who failed? We can start with Lynch and Osweiler if you'd like. My 2 short ones were 1 for 2. Your big ones are 0-2.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this conversation is stupid. Mayfield isn't a running QB, he's just good with his feet in the pocket and can occasionally pick up 6-8 on the ground if need be. He is, however, a QB with elite leadership, amazing vision, accuracy, and plenty of arm strength to win. If he was 6'3", his numbers last year probably don't look much different.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't know how much is true but the rumors of issues of Wentz and some of his teammates is troubling. On the other hand everything I've hear about BM is college and the pros is his teammates would run through a wall for him.
He is exactly what the Browns have been needing for decades. Good on him.

I've heard that too, and I'm not sure which one is the better on the field but I like Baker's moxy and the way he fires up his team....Wentz has been injured the last 2 yrs of his 3 yr career, so that's a big minus for him....Gotta be able to finish and if he's getting injured this often as a young man, what's it gonna be down the road ????....Baker Dangerous :thumb:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Whatever dude.
whatever? That's it? You are the one who pointed out the Browns were 1-2 with the short guys. Are you saying Denver was not 0-2 with the big ones? Tell me all the other short ones drafted high who flamed out. We can take turns.

Jamarcus Russell.....your turn,