• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well We're Stuck With...

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno on the other hand He is average at best for 90% of the time but will have a game where he looks like an above average starter. Nothing new there, thats what he has always been.
Geno looked like an absolute stud in the 1st half. If not for him losing his footing on the 4th dn play (should've let Penny tote the rock on that play though) and what I thought was an iffy holding call turning a 3rd n 1 into a 2nd 18. The Hawks might've blew out the Broncos in the 1st half. That 1st half was by far the best I've him play.

What was kinda funny about the 1st half and I can't say I've watched a whole bunch of Hawks games so I could be wrong. Is I don't recall RW throwing the rock in the 1st half as much as Geno did. Was also odd that Denver's HC opted for a 64 yd FG with 2 time outs in his pocket considering all they gave up for RW.

It was a good game though, Seattle was fired up n ready to ball. Their red zone defense was stout.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno looked like an absolute stud in the 1st half. If not for him losing his footing on the 4th dn play (should've let Penny tote the rock on that play though) and what I thought was an iffy holding call turning a 3rd n 1 into a 2nd 18. The Hawks might've blew out the Broncos in the 1st half. That 1st half was by far the best I've him play.

What was kinda funny about the 1st half and I can't say I've watched a whole bunch of Hawks games so I could be wrong. Is I don't recall RW throwing the rock in the 1st half as much as Geno did. Was also odd that Denver's HC opted for a 64 yd FG with 2 time outs in his pocket considering all they gave up for RW.

It was a good game though, Seattle was fired up n ready to ball. Their red zone defense was stout.

Geno looked great... in the first half, he does this then he vanishes and coughs up a game changing turn over at the end of the game lol. I have told people "go watch the Jags game from last year, thats the best Geno you can get" That is his high that you might see once every 4 to 6 games "IF" you are lucky. He was the same way in New York, it was Bad Geno that lost him his job and trust me we will see Bad Geno a lot more than Good Geno. ( I hope not )

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno looked great... in the first half, he does this then he vanishes and coughs up a game changing turn over at the end of the game lol. I have told people "go watch the Jags game from last year, thats the best Geno you can get" That is his high that you might see once every 4 to 6 games "IF" you are lucky. He was the same way in New York, it was Bad Geno that lost him his job and trust me we will see Bad Geno a lot more than Good Geno. ( I hope not )
Heh. Didn't he get his jaw broken mouthin off to a LB when he was with the Jets? But, yeah the Hawks offense went from looking like a well oiled machine in the 1st half. To hanging on for dear life in the 2nd. That red-zone D was huge in the 2nd half.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Didn't he get his jaw broken mouthin off to a LB when he was with the Jets? But, yeah the Hawks offense went from looking like a well oiled machine in the 1st half. To hanging on for dear life in the 2nd. That red-zone D was huge in the 2nd half.

Yes, I think it was the Jets LB named, Enkempali... It was over a dispute for $600... Enkempali purchased a $600 plane ticket to attend his LB camp... Geno did not show up and the LB demanded his money back... That day, Geno still had not paid him so he got punched...

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think it was the Jets LB named, Enkempali... It was over a dispute for $600... Enkempali purchased a $600 plane ticket to attend his LB camp... Geno did not show up and the LB demanded his money back... That day, Geno still had not paid him so he got punched...
Rex Ryan got his clown on over it.

Geno must've been an ass. Some harsh words from a couple team mates at the time.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked if Geno was Drunk. Some times the way he plays you wonder if he likes to play drunk like he likes to drive drunk.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Media is destroying him for that call. Like... "You're on the hot seat now" bad. It's as baffling as Kingsbury blitzing Mahomes 60% of the snaps when Mahomes dominates against the blitz and has struggled when teams drop coverage and don't blitz.

I talked to a co-worker today at the office - he's an NFL fan but not a Seahawks fan. He was completely baffled by it as well. I believe his words were: "What a stupid call... what the hell are you doing?" The video of the Manning brothers watching the game where it counts the # of times Peyton signals timeout (62) while the Broncos exhausted the clock, is hilarious.

I mean when it's 5% chance to make and you're in an open air stadium that is NOT Denver, seriously? I get he had the distance, but yah... when the ball has ANY sort of movement, there's a good chance you miss since that movement can materialize more due to the length.

I'd HAVE to imagine Russ at that point is 50/50 to convert... probably out of 10 times he converts it 5 or so against most NFL teams. And Seattle was getting moved on pretty easily at that point (so maybe a 25% multiplier making it 6-7 out of 10) and Wilson is a great comeback QB. You're not converting a 64 yard field goal 5 out of 10, I don't care how good the kicker is.

I find it amusing Wilson left because he had disagreement with a coach and the playcalling (apparently). lol, pretty funny the first game with Denver and here we go again. Anyway, my coworker was dumbfounded - be curious to ask a couple others tomorrow.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See it's coming out now. It was always out there but people are now more openly saying ok it was their plan to get Josh Allen. So in a way you can see why Wilson was like "Nah man I want out" They were going to ship him off to Cleveland where careers go to die.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See it's coming out now. It was always out there but people are now more openly saying ok it was their plan to get Josh Allen. So in a way you can see why Wilson was like "Nah man I want out" They were going to ship him off to Cleveland where careers go to die.
Not buying it
Why wouldn't they offer the same to the next team? And the next team? And the next team?

More likely the browns made the offer, the seahawks listened. They decided not to. Thats all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it
Why wouldn't they offer the same to the next team? And the next team? And the next team?

More likely the browns made the offer, the seahawks listened. They decided not to. Thats all.
Yes that makes much more sense and no one should take rumors as fact, rumors fly around all off season and most are made up.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is about the most spot on take I've seen of the whole thing.... and it's from a bunch of former NFL PLAYERS (I'll accept their opinion and take FAR more than some random dork in the media).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it

I think they wanted the Browns 2 first rounders for Wilson, no one else had them that's why ( Minus buffalo that picked Allen ). Wilson was a probowl and superbowl winning QB and at the time top 3 in the league, you don't just trade him for a single first. It really isn't rocket science people.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know whats strange, Google Seahawks wanted Josh Allen and there are articles from 2018-2020 talking about how the Hawks were going to trade Wilson and Draft Josh Allen. Yeah I guess this wasn't much of a secret, just I ignored it back then as rumor. Some of them are interesting reads also. I liked the one from a Bills reporter in 2020.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know whats strange, Google Seahawks wanted Josh Allen and there are articles from 2018-2020 talking about how the Hawks were going to trade Wilson and Draft Josh Allen. Yeah I guess this wasn't much of a secret, just I ignored it back then as rumor. Some of them are interesting reads also. I liked the one from a Bills reporter in 2020.
You ignore it as rumor back then and it never came about, but now you put stock in them?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ignore it as rumor back then and it never came about, but now you put stock in them?
Because back then I didn't even look into it. Now that I did everything lines up, 2 plus 2 does = 4.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because back then I didn't even look into it. Now that I did everything lines up, 2 plus 2 does = 4.
I doubt the old rumors ( which never came about and really seem kind of wild) but....in fact it would not of been bad to have Josh Allen as QB or Patrick Mahomes ( the other rumors) and frankly don't give a shit if it upset RW, players come and go and the mantra for the Seahawks is always compete and I support that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey the only reason I bring it up is because Wilson had reason to be upset. The Hawks almost shipped him off to CLEVELAND! Thats almost as bad as going to the Lions! I mean COME ON! lol

There are two teams I feel the League uses to punish players and thats Detroit and Cleveland lol. I know it's kind of petty but my god it sure feels that way.

If Jon found Wilson, Craved Allen and Mahomes then I feel a lot better about our chances going forward. I think we will be all right who ever ends up being the QB on this team next year ( or later? ).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey the only reason I bring it up is because Wilson had reason to be upset. The Hawks almost shipped him off to CLEVELAND! Thats almost as bad as going to the Lions! I mean COME ON! lol

There are two teams I feel the League uses to punish players and thats Detroit and Cleveland lol. I know it's kind of petty but my god it sure feels that way.

If Jon found Wilson, Craved Allen and Mahomes then I feel a lot better about our chances going forward. I think we will be all right who ever ends up being the QB on this team next year ( or later? ).
Remeber the angry Cowboy fan who threaten Dez ( I think) to buck up or get shipped to Cleveland after lose to Seahawks? on Ytube?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they wanted the Browns 2 first rounders for Wilson, no one else had them that's why ( Minus buffalo that picked Allen ). Wilson was a probowl and superbowl winning QB and at the time top 3 in the league, you don't just trade him for a single first. It really isn't rocket science people.
so the browns called up and offered a trade, seahawks said "OK but we want this that and the other", essentially a pie in the sky trade offer, and the browns said no.
I sincerely doubt the seahawks initiated any of these trade discussions.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the browns called up and offered a trade, seahawks said "OK but we want this that and the other", essentially a pie in the sky trade offer, and the browns said no.
I sincerely doubt the seahawks initiated any of these trade discussions.
Agree