• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well We're Stuck With...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Adams on likely IR this season and then whatever next season and we can finally cut him.

Can Carroll/Schneider just please accept they are not meant to trade high end draft capital to acquire players? It's time to stop.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Adams on likely IR this season and then whatever next season and we can finally cut him.

Can Carroll/Schneider just please accept they are not meant to trade high end draft capital to acquire players? It's time to stop.

It’s frustrating, because the guy is a freak of nature athletically, but he just can’t stay healthy, it’s a royal bummer … Hopefully it’s not a season ending injury…

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah... early reports say quadricep tear/strain, which if that's the case he's on IR the rest of the season. You're looking at 6-12 months recovery. He'll be lucky to be 'good to go' at the start of next season.

:doh:

His cap hit next year is actually LOWER than the dead cap... so we're stuck with it. What a horrible trade in hindsight.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah... early reports say quadricep tear/strain, which if that's the case he's on IR the rest of the season. You're looking at 6-12 months recovery. He'll be lucky to be 'good to go' at the start of next season.

His cap hit next year is actually LOWER than the dead cap... so we're stuck with it. What a horrible trade in hindsight.

I hope he’s not out for the year, that’s gonna suck.. It’s getting clear though, he’s just an Injury prone guy, it’s a real drag …

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It definitely has not paid off in doing so... Harvin, Graham, Adams... None were worth what we gave up for them when it was all said and done...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In reading, pending on how bad it is, looks like it could be a 10-12 week recovery...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely has not paid off in doing so... Harvin, Graham, Adams... None were worth what we gave up for them when it was all said and done...
This is one of the main reasons why the decision to trade RW and keep JS/PC is so bad. Getting a bevy of picks in the deal is nice and all, but the people who are in charge of doing something with them have a track record of making pretty poor choices with that type of draft capital....whether it's trading those picks away for a player(s) who doesn't really work out, or missing with the picks in the draft.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the main reasons why the decision to trade RW and keep JS/PC is so bad. Getting a bevy of picks in the deal is nice and all, but the people who are in charge of doing something with them have a track record of making pretty poor choices with that type of draft capital....whether it's trading those picks away for a player(s) who doesn't really work out, or missing with the picks in the draft.
Not sure I necessarily agree with that... We did the opposite with Wilson than what we did with Graham, Adams, Harvin...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I think ALL 3 trades were a result of trying to appease Wilson and make it work with him...

I know there's a lot of conspiracy theories, but I fully believe if the Browns were willing Seattle would've sent Wilson to Cleveland and drafted Josh Allen. Wilson's camp was pissed and there's a reason that 'no trade clause' went in the contract extension RIGHT after that whole debacle.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think ALL 3 trades were a result of trying to appease Wilson and make it work with him...

That doesn't make any sense. Harvin was traded for after Wilson's rookie season. Jamal Adams is a defensive player. Why would trading picks for him appease Russ?

I know there's a lot of conspiracy theories, but I fully believe if the Browns were willing Seattle would've sent Wilson to Cleveland and drafted Josh Allen. Wilson's camp was pissed and there's a reason that 'no trade clause' went in the contract extension RIGHT after that whole debacle.

If the Hawks were intent on trading for Josh Allen, why didn't they offer the same deal to the Jets or Colts or Bears or Broncos? The truth is that the Seahawks were willing to trade Russ for Mayfield 4 years ago.

Seems like a lot of fans really want to blame everything on Russ and give Pete/John a pass because they are still here.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make any sense. Harvin was traded for after Wilson's rookie season. Jamal Adams is a defensive player. Why would trading picks for him appease Russ?

If the Hawks were intent on trading for Josh Allen, why didn't they offer the same deal to the Jets or Colts or Bears or Broncos? The truth is that the Seahawks were willing to trade Russ for Mayfield 4 years ago.

Seems like a lot of fans really want to blame everything on Russ and give Pete/John a pass because they are still here.

You're right. What I wrote was fairly trash, in hindsight. :sigh:

One of those, "Wait... what I wrote was just stupid, should I really hit 'post'? Eh fuck it *smash button*" moments.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't seen anyone only blaming RW for everything - not sure what you meant by that... There is plenty of blame to go around to all involved though, including RW...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With all the major injuries we have from players we trade for, future players being traded to Seattle should ask why their previous team hates them so much and wants to end their career?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, keep your draft picks !! I will say though, Percy paid off ok though just for that Super Bowl performance, he was electric in that game!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I necessarily agree with that... We did the opposite with Wilson than what we did with Graham, Adams, Harvin...
Which part don't you agree with? I'm pointing to the catch-22 aspect of the trade's aftermath. You mention previous trades that were regrettable. They were made by the same 2 guys who are now in charge of this pile of picks that we got in return for trading away a player that was "too expensive" to keep and still have cap space to build around. So yeah, it's cool that we have these picks, but the ones charged with doing something with them are the same ones who made those ill-advised previous trades and otherwise squandered top picks. I have lost most of my confidence in the talent evaluation (specifically pointed to drafting) of PC & JS. Are you saying now that they traded Russell Wilson, they have a better idea of what to do with early draft picks?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They Viewed Wilson as worth the #1 overall pick The Number 6 or Number 8 what ever no that didn't work for them Value wise. I think what the Hawks were planning was trade Wilson then Trade down to that 7 or 8 area and pick up a couple more picks on top of it. That #1 is money they could have cashed in for more picks and the player they wanted.

Imagine this, Hawks trade Wilson for the #1 pick, they then turn that #1 pick into 3 other picks AND Josh Allen. That is what I believe they were thinking. But that is my Opinion and that plus $1 gets me a $1 cup of coffee. They were all over Josh Allen NOT Mayfield. Would you make a trade of your star QB just to draft another QB you had really no contact with? No that would be stupid. They Scouted Allen Hard not Mayfield.

Hawks could have traded that #1 to the #4 and picked up a 2nd and 4th then trade that #4 for Say the 9th pick and a 2nd and 4th and pick their guy. We have seen this FO work the draft so I am 99% sure that was their plan.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Viewed Wilson as worth the #1 overall pick The Number 6 or Number 8 what ever no that didn't work for them Value wise. I think what the Hawks were planning was trade Wilson then Trade down to that 7 or 8 area and pick up a couple more picks on top of it. That #1 is money they could have cashed in for more picks and the player they wanted.

Imagine this, Hawks trade Wilson for the #1 pick, they then turn that #1 pick into 3 other picks AND Josh Allen. That is what I believe they were thinking. But that is my Opinion and that plus $1 gets me a $1 cup of coffee. They were all over Josh Allen NOT Mayfield. Would you make a trade of your star QB just to draft another QB you had really no contact with? No that would be stupid. They Scouted Allen Hard not Mayfield.

Hawks could have traded that #1 to the #4 and picked up a 2nd and 4th then trade that #4 for Say the 9th pick and a 2nd and 4th and pick their guy. We have seen this FO work the draft so I am 99% sure that was their plan.

You are creating a theory in which the Seahawks, for the first time in 10 years, had near perfect knowledge of the market and knew that Allen was the key and not Mayfield. It just doesn't hold up. First off they would have no idea whether other teams would draft Allen and where. Maybe the Giants were lying at No. 2. The Jets easily could have taken Allen. So to say that they would have only traded for the No. 1 pick and trade down to get Allen is incredibly risky. Let's say they do exactly what you propose but the Jets wind up drafting Allen at No. 3. Now they have to take Rosen or Darnold.

You are engaging in some serious rationalizations based on what we know now.

All of the reports were that the Seahawks were looking to get the No. 1 pick to grab Mayfield. What's unclear is whether they asked for more than just Mayfield, which they should have done. And that may have been why the Browns said no. Or maybe the Browns are just cursed to be a mediocre team forever because they do dumb shit like saying no to a top tier 30 year old QB in exchange for an unproven draft pick.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are creating a theory in which the Seahawks, for the first time in 10 years, had near perfect knowledge of the market and knew that Allen was the key and not Mayfield. It just doesn't hold up. First off they would have no idea whether other teams would draft Allen and where. Maybe the Giants were lying at No. 2. The Jets easily could have taken Allen. So to say that they would have only traded for the No. 1 pick and trade down to get Allen is incredibly risky. Let's say they do exactly what you propose but the Jets wind up drafting Allen at No. 3. Now they have to take Rosen or Darnold.

You are engaging in some serious rationalizations based on what we know now.

All of the reports were that the Seahawks were looking to get the No. 1 pick to grab Mayfield. What's unclear is whether they asked for more than just Mayfield, which they should have done. And that may have been why the Browns said no. Or maybe the Browns are just cursed to be a mediocre team forever because they do dumb shit like saying no to a top tier 30 year old QB in exchange for an unproven draft pick.

No I am looking at it by their actions. They scouted Allen they went to his pro day they had Jon go and meet with him and his agent they didn't do that for Mayfield or Darnold. I also think people are forgetting that Cleveland held the #1 and #4 picks of the 2018 draft. I think the reason it "didn't" happen is because Seattle wanted both of those picks, Hell maybe they only wanted the #4 pick and something else like a pick or player. Allen wasn't looked at as a top QB in this draft, he was firmly behind Darnold and Mayfield. Yes someone could have picked him before them then they would have been Shit out of luck SO they could have went all in and wanted that #1. We will never know but what we do know is they wanted to trade with Cleveland and were willing to put up Wilson when he was top 3 QB or better in the NFL looking for his next ( and biggest ) contract AND the only QB they showed interest in was Josh Allen and it was a Heavy interest as it got back to Wilsons camp. If the Hawks were looking to grab Mayfield they would have scouted him and they didn't show interest in Mayfield or Darnold. I know i wouldn't buy a car if i had never gone and looked at it.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I want to add, Mayfield is a upgrade over Geno Smith no matter how you look at it. Mayfield can be average but he also can look like a rock star out there and this happens enough that people scratch their heads with Mayfield. Geno on the other hand He is average at best for 90% of the time but will have a game where he looks like an above average starter. Nothing new there, thats what he has always been. I thought Geno would go 2-2 for us as a starter when Wilson got hurt. But Wilson came back sooner ( to Soon ) than I expected and it was something I had fear of and even brought it up in posts here about him forcing it coming back to soon and playing like shit. Anyway just wanted to say that even had they drafted Mayfield we would be in a better position than we are now. Don't tell me you turned into a Geno for MVP fan all ready after 1 and 1/2 quarters of good football? Mayfield was in the MVP talks before (crazy talking heads ), Geno never has been.

Last edited: