• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, that sucked

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most dreadful seasons that I have ever experienced as a Dback's fan. The team was dead from the start. That said, there were some positives...

Ender Inciarte
David Peralta
Evan Marshall
The hiring of LaRusa
The firings of KT and Gibby

Anything else?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's pretty much it. I think Goldie was great until the injury so he deserves to be on the list for just playing his heart out and producing despite being surrounded by garbage.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enders Game was amazing towards the end of the season! He is our lead off hitter of the future.

Peralta has earned the right to be called our second-most reliable hitter. He has power with a decent average to boot.

What will happen with trumbo? Pollock is back and is really considered the future of centerfield until otherwise proven. Trumbo is a guy who needs to play everyday to ensure that he is hitting the ball. He has flashed the power stroke again over the last 20 games and would look very nice if he hit around 25-30/80. I have little hope for his average, and even more so for his defense, but I guess the improbable can happen. He likely would have been gone via trade or upcoming free agency if he had not been injured this season and his number were a little more inflated.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Stewart firing Kirk Gibson......priceless.....

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was LaRussa's decision but that's still pretty funny.

At least we have the #1 overall pick!! :suds:

If you're gonna suck at least do it right....right?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was LaRussa's decision but that's still pretty funny.

At least we have the #1 overall pick!! :suds:

If you're gonna suck at least do it right....right?

Yup. If you are not in the top 4 (or so, generally) your position in the draft does not matter THAT much. Of course, you still want to be in the top 10 if you have any interest in going after FAs.

The only question is, how long does it take to put together a book for a draft? Your FO is in shambles now, so you have to assume that any work done prior to "now" is gone. Is 9 months long enough to get to know the kids you will be drafting in rounds 5+?