• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well shit...

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. Hope he will be fine in a week or two.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is on every last member of the coaching staff, front office and ownership. They knew the offensive line was bad. They’ve known for years. They were gifted a golden armed franchise changing QB. And they failed to protect the young man. They failed Joe Burrow. And they’ve pissed in the faces of the people of southern Ohio long enough.

I hope this franchise withers away and dies. I’m done with em. It’s been real guys. Had some fun over the years.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is on every last member of the coaching staff, front office and ownership. They knew the offensive line was bad. They’ve known for years. They were gifted a golden armed franchise changing QB. And they failed to protect the young man. They failed Joe Burrow. And they’ve pissed in the faces of the people of southern Ohio long enough.

I hope this franchise withers away and dies. I’m done with em. It’s been real guys. Had some fun over the years.
See ya on the other side

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Burrow will be THE LAST QB to be drafted first over all and given to Cincinnati.

any qb from here on out will just say "thanks, but no thanks, trade the pick dumb-asses"

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

Might as well contact a Cincinnati Real Estate agent.

Reactions: gob

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If its a clean ACL tear he'll be fine next year. That's no longer a career altering injury. If there's other structural damage it could be an issue

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If its a clean ACL tear he'll be fine next year. That's no longer a career altering injury. If there's other structural damage it could be an issue
i would be shocked if it's JUST a clear ACL tear. i'm expecting a complete reconstruction of his knee.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my heart goes out to Burrow, makes me sick to see such a young, promising star-in-the-making, have to suffer such a gruesome injury. hope he makes a complete recovery (and that the bengals do right by him and invest heavily in the offensive line)

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not much to be said here, that hasn't been printed somewhere else. While I agree with Zac Taylor that the line has been doing a better job of late, the fact of the matter is that Burrow got hurt on a play when his 300 pound offensive guard couldn't stay on his feet. Burrow would have been better off if Jordan just did a little bullfighter move and let his guy hit him up high.

I'll also say that the team had a good scheme to protect Burrow - A bunch of lighting quick reads and passes that are well suited to Burrow's skillset. But again, now you need to point out that the kid threw 34 passes and was only on his second drive in the second half. Yes, it's a passing league, but sooner or later teams are going to come hunting.

The last thing that stands out to me is what a disaster this franchise is without Burrow. I know that should have been obvious last year.... and it was.... But, it's a really sad state of affairs when a guy that is this good has to play on a franchise that is this bad. You can't say the same thing about Tua or Herbert - Both of them are surrounded by coaches that know what they are doing with young talent that is used correctly.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Finley is really bad.

Hated to see that for Joe. May he make a full recovery

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is sad is before that play - several times I noted that the LG was just getting manhandled like a small child. He had no chance.

This entire line should be reconstructed. Forget them all except maybe move Jonah to RT - early on I was hoping that as the season progressed so would he, but at LT - he's a liability. I think he would be fine at RT.

Move Jonah to RT - fire everyone else. Contracts be damned - the only one that has a decent one is Hopkins. Bye. Tired of watching him get manhandled into Burrow as well.

Find and pay for the best LT in F/A. Period. No rookies.

Find and pay for the best C in free agency - someone who can make line calls

Draft the best 2 guards you can - and then sign 2-3 more mid-priced F/A as backups/roster battle for starters.

This is the ONLY approach that is satisfactory after watching what we all witnessed.

We've all said it all year long - it is CRIMINAL what the owners and management and coaching staff allowed to happen all year long with the hits and the sacks. While injuries can occur on ANY play - when you allow the probability to increase exponentially because of how they handled this OL - every single one of them is responsible for what happened.

I don't even fault the OL - they are just bad. On any other team, none of them would be starting - and several of them would be home watching the game on TV. It's not their fault they are asked to be put in that situation - they are getting paid to do what they can. It's just not good enough, and that is on management and coaching to know that and to fix it. Period.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hoping he can make it back next year.

I think it's obvious we will end up with one of the top 3 OTs in the draft, but I hope we don't stop with that. add quality to the OL, plan for an injury or two. also, beef up the running game, if that means we need a better running back, so be it. but I think it can be improved with better blocking.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torn ACL, MCL, and "other structural issues."