• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well...let's talk about 2018

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'd be "extra" cautious with him. It's phenomenal that he's doing everything he is out there at this point in time. Tremendous kudos to the surgeon and Wentz himself for diligent rehab work. He's out there moving like nothing ever happened which is awesome to see out of our Franchise guy. That being said ... Wentz is a guy I want to see out there still performing for us 10 years from now. I don't see any harm in holding him out till at least week 4 against the Titans to be on the safe side. I think Foles has proven to be a 1st class backup and should be trusted against the Falcons (beat em in the playoffs), Bucs (No Winston) and Colts (one of the worst D's in the league).

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that Foles needs it, but I think giving him the start to the season at home against the Falcons would be a great way to let the fans show even more appreciation for his SB performance.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa is the likely trade partner for Nick. The Bucs are wary of Winston. Rey lives down there, so probably has some insights about this.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa is the likely trade partner for Nick. The Bucs are wary of Winston. Rey lives down there, so probably has some insights about this.

Well, talk down here is that Dirk Koeter is very upset with Winston and is content with Fitzpatrick heading into the season. Outside chance if Fitz plays well in the first 3 games that he could keep the job and they "bubble wrap" Winston for the rest of the season just like the Skins did with RG3 and then move on from him after the season. Unsettled QB situation down here for sure ...

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 fears about Wentz
We are the best team in football until someone knocks us off.

And that might not happen.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am not Tampa (but Tampa adjacent) all the chatter has been minimal on Winston. I too have heard the talk about Fitz getting the call week by week after the three games if he plays well. Overall....I see Fitz playing 4 games (Winstons first game back is right before the bye).

As for bringing others in....just not hearing it. Not that this means anything...but it supports two thoughts with me:

1. The Bucs are married to Winston
2. Nick Foles won't be traded. Do I really think so? Probably.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Pats cut Jordan Mathews already.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Pats cut Jordan Mathews already.

Poor guy has the most doomed hammies / legs. Apparently he injured a hammy again.
We did smart on moving him when we did for what we got.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's slow and has bricks for hands, but otherwise, great receiver.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor Mill ... Ronald Darby to the Dolphins in exchange for a draft pick. Eagles want to move Sid Jones to the outside instead of the slot where they have 2 guys in Bausby (who's looked great in the slot and will make the team) as well as rookie Maddox. The Phins are actively looking to add a Corner as their Corners have looked bad in Camp. Darby is on the last year of his deal and not likely to resign as the Birds are deep at Corner.

*** My take: Opposed to it unless Miami offers a trade we can't refuse. I love our "depth" at Corner.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor Mill ... Ronald Darby to the Dolphins in exchange for a draft pick. Eagles want to move Sid Jones to the outside instead of the slot where they have 2 guys in Bausby (who's looked great in the slot and will make the team) as well as rookie Maddox. The Phins are actively looking to add a Corner as their Corners have looked bad in Camp. Darby is on the last year of his deal and not likely to resign as the Birds are deep at Corner.

*** My take: Opposed to it unless Miami offers a trade we can't refuse. I love our "depth" at Corner.

Ok, for you, what is a “trade we can’t refuse”?

For me the demarcation line is somewhere in the third. And ultimately I don’t see that being offered for the assurance of a one year rental.

Of course, it is the Dolphins in this case.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me the demarcation line is somewhere in the third. And ultimately I don’t see that being offered for the assurance of a one year rental.

While we have depth, it's not "proven" depth aside from Mills ... that's why I'd keep Darby. He's still our best Corner now that he's 100% healthy. With that said I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 2nd. I think we have a good shot at getting back to the Dance and you can never have enough CB depth.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we gave up a 3rd to get him... I'd have to think we want more in return.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we gave up a 3rd to get him... I'd have to think we want more in return.

Truth. I was thinking less of what we paid for him and more on what we could reasonably expect to get and if it’s worth it.

I’m with Rey....there is no need to mess with depth at what has been a critical position for years for just any offer.

I was firmly in the move Darby (or someone) camp six months ago....not so much now.