• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well It Is November, Who is Your CFP?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they stay undefeated and all the rest lose 1 , then why not. At last report they were considered FBS teams. If this scenario were to actually take place (unlikely however), then an additional division needs to be recreated. A lot of FCS teams would hold their own against middle of the road Group 5 teams.

I don't think one G5 team could ever make the playoff let alone four.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Clemson beats ND without Lawrence and then loses to them at the end of the year with him?

Checks out.
That second game is too far out to factor in covid and other injuries. If ND beats Clemson the first time and more covid hits Clemson, they might not make it to the ACC championship. But that goes for all teams.
ND may have a chance this weekend. Boston College is not a fast as ND and they could rattle the new guy if there are some early turnovers.
If he is rattled in the passing game, ND can stop the running back.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That second game is too far out to factor in covid and other injuries. If ND beats Clemson the first time and more covid hits Clemson, they might not make it to the ACC championship. But that goes for all teams.
ND may have a chance this weekend. Boston College is not a fast as ND and they could rattle the new guy if there are some early turnovers.
If he is rattled in the passing game, ND can stop the running back.
Eh, I'm fairly confident that Clemson could play the rest of the season with the second string and ND would be the only team to give them a game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama and Ohio State for sure. Clemson had a great comeback, but now who have they beaten? Yeah, I know, Miami. Clemson still undefeated, pretty dominant mostly, and so is Notre Dame even though they look out of sorts at times. Four undefeated teams are in. One or two slips, and Cincy could creep in.
fair, but if Clemson goes undefeated again at least means they'd have a solid win over what seems like a strong ND team. Guessing winner of that game gets in.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Clemson and ND could make it if they split 2 games. Ohio State and Alabama would be the other 2. Still waiting for PAC.

Milos_Magic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for Boise State. Some really good talent this year,. If they knock off #9 BYU tomorrow night, who knows. Boise is always a potential dark horse.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama and Clemson look to be locked in thus far.

With a lesser season and view, is Ohio State in? I'm saying yes.

Who would be your 4th is the real question right now. Who? Georgia? Miami? Anybody from the Big12?

Maybe Cincy if they run the table.

Oregon

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Ohio State doesn’t have a history of losing to a completely inferior team in the regular season?
So far, Day has handled the lesser opponents pretty well. He has yet to have the massive WTF Iowa/Purdue meltdown.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be Cincy. The 4th team is either an undefeated team from the PAC 12, or Georgia or Miami. Oklahoma could still sneak in. Also don't count out Notre Dame if they win on Saturday.
Not jus for Oscar.

This has been talked about before, but in this year where everything is strange.... in your opinion does an undefeated G5 team get in over a 2 loss team?

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not jus for Oscar.

This has been talked about before, but in this year where everything is strange.... in your opinion does an undefeated G5 team get in over a 2 loss team?
Brigham Young and Cincinnati look like the best of the G5. BYU has a big test tonight against Boise State. They need to not only win, but win by a fair to large margin.

Also, I can't see a 2nd SEC team making the playoff. Florida and Georgia will eliminate 1 of them this weekend, and the winner will also lose to Alabama in a championship game. That's 2 losses.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brigham Young and Cincinnati look like the best of the G5. BYU has a big test tonight against Boise State. They need to not only win, but win by a fair to large margin.

Also, I can't see a 2nd SEC team making the playoff. Florida and Georgia will eliminate 1 of them this weekend, and the winner will also lose to Alabama in a championship game. That's 2 losses.
Well your post mentioned Oklahoma sneaking in and they have 2 losses, so I would have to think a 2 loss SEC team would still have a chance as well.

Personally, I would put in an undefeated G5 before a 2 loss P5. But I also am firmly committed to the idea of expanding the playoffs.