• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome to Denver Sean Payton

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been a Damarea Crockett fan too since his FR year at Missouri. He isn't a speed back though which will hurt him. More like Perine but not a pass catcher like him. He does play special teams "ok" though but probably not looking good for him roster wise unless we keep a 4th RB, which historically Payton likes to keep an extra RB.. However, Tony Jones seems to be a pet of his so Crockett is really on the outside looking in.
Tony Jones, :trash:

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm glad to see Wilson fade into the background for a while.
Apparently he’s also fading on the scale - apparently is shedding some weight.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked up the make up of Sean Payton's 2009 SB winning Saints ..

The Saints scored a whopping 510 points during the 16 game regular season, which amounts to a near 32 point ( 31.9 ) average per game ..

The offense ranked 1st, which is no surprise ( points for, TD passes and yards ) .....

What was surprising is that the Pro Bowlers on that Saints offense were Drew Brees and three starting offensive linemen ... No WRs, RBs or TEs ...

Three offensive linemen went to the Pro Bowl ... No WR .. No RB .. and no TE .. Marques Colston led the team with 70 receptions ...

The defense ranked 20th in points allowed and 25th in yards allowed ( 26th in passing yards allowed and 21st in rushing yards allowed ) .. These defensive numbers could be skewed as the Saints offense was a scoring machine, putting the defense into a different mindset, however, the strength of this team was obviously the offense ..

The Saints went 13-3 that year, the first of four 13-3 seasons under Sean Payton ....

When looking at high scoring offenses, the initial thought could be "finesse" .. However, I don;t see Sean Payton in this light, and I think the fact that, aside from Brees, the only Pro Bowlers in this offense were offensive lineman shows where Payton puts his importance - or better yet, where the really important players are in a Sean Payton offense ..

And at this point, I think Quinn Menirez is the only true keeper, as far as production ... Hopefully, because of their contracts, McGlinchey and Powers can fill their roles ...