• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weeks 3-4

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 4 roster spots available for this weekends game. I am guessing whatever 4 guys we protected on the PS this week will all be active on game day. Could be Rypein, J.Watson, Bellamy and DeShawn Williams maybe based on position fillment. Doubt I am 100% right on that, but that is my best guess. Or maybe even Tolliver if Harris is out which sounds likely. DeShawn Williams seems like a given with Walker and Jones on IR and no DL signed for this week by now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point I would give Jake Rodgers a shot at RT over Elijah Wilkinson. I'll give him one more week, but he has regressed this year. He is playing like your typical Broncos RT (Watson, Stephenson, Schofield)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah and give me Jeff Driskel over Siemian/Lynch/Flacco 7 days a week. Not saying he is great, but I am not sure if people remember but coming out of HS Driskel was one of the highest recruited QB's in awhile. People compared him to Peyton Manning (means nothing when you are in HS) but he started 3 years at Florida and was a huge letdown, but he was also in a terrible offensive scheme with a terrible OC... He then left Florida and went to La Tech where he put up good numbers in a good system for QB's.. He has bounced around a bit in the NFL. Not ready to crown him the next Kurt Warner, but the kid does have great physical tools and remember when we signed him I mentioned his play is similar to Lock's and the signing made sense because we didn't have to change the offense up with him in the game. He can get outside the pocket and make plays with his feet. While I don't have huge expectations I do not think we will be picking #1 with him as long as the injuries aren't this fluent week in and week out around him.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point I would give Jake Rodgers a shot at RT over Elijah Wilkinson. I'll give him one more week, but he has regressed this year. He is playing like your typical Broncos RT (Watson, Stephenson, Schofield)
Just wondering, what did you expect?

BTW, this team (Elway) has been DESPERATELY trying to get an OL.

Signed Leary (one of the top OL free agents)
Drafted Bolles (one of the top rated OT of that draft.)
Signed Juwan James (who I consider a criminal at this point)
Drafted Risner (a promising guard)

Ain't easy, and then keeping them. Not to mention keeping them healthy (James robbed the franchise.)

Meanwhile other pressing issues. New offensive coordinator with no off season workouts...

And now the injury parade.

Some people blame Fangio, and I think he is doing OK. Not sure what Broncos fans are EXPECTING. Different than what you are HOPING but expecting?

I will tell you if this team was fully healthy I was actually expecting this team to be the surprise team of the NFL.

Whatever.....

What are you all realistically expecting right now?

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah and give me Jeff Driskel over Siemian/Lynch/Flacco 7 days a week. Not saying he is great, but I am not sure if people remember but coming out of HS Driskel was one of the highest recruited QB's in awhile. People compared him to Peyton Manning (means nothing when you are in HS) but he started 3 years at Florida and was a huge letdown, but he was also in a terrible offensive scheme with a terrible OC... He then left Florida and went to La Tech where he put up good numbers in a good system for QB's.. He has bounced around a bit in the NFL. Not ready to crown him the next Kurt Warner, but the kid does have great physical tools and remember when we signed him I mentioned his play is similar to Lock's and the signing made sense because we didn't have to change the offense up with him in the game. He can get outside the pocket and make plays with his feet. While I don't have huge expectations I do not think we will be picking #1 with him as long as the injuries aren't this fluent week in and week out around him.
Watched Driskel in HS. At my club, one of the starters (retired) was AD at Don Bosco Prep in NJ for close to 40 years. Well, we have gotten to be friends and we go to HS games.

A couple years ago, we actually were able organize a game between my alma mater HS and Don Bosco. Anyone that keeps track of HS would recognize that school. Credited with one or two "national champions" a few times.

I went to American Heritage in Plantation (Patrick Surtain is HC) and I know the vice president of the school. We organized it got the right people in touch.

They played the first game of the season in 2016. It was literally because of us and the game was nearly on espn.

This was the game. Heritage handed them their first shutout in 35 years. Patrick Surtain jr was on the team, believe he was a junior at the time.

Anyway, a little tangent. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you deserve a pat on the back!

What did I expect out of Wilkinson? Well, I don't think anyone expected him to preform like an all-pro, but I think many including the coaching staff expected him to be halfway serviceable as he has some experience and has been good enough in the past to be better then what he has showed us the first two weeks... But it is pretty normal for us to throw a RT in there and struggle, so I guess we are pretty use to it by now.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s time we bench Wilkinson and see what Demar Dawson has to offer.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJM drop man that hurt that was points directly off the board. It’s those types of plays that make watching his team frustrating.

OJM had a pick in week 1 that was a taken away due to a stupid penalty, so he can catch it’s just like a rookie he’s up and down. He started the game as a big up and then just got picked on a lot and ended as a big down because he showed he still needs a lot of work.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJM was drafted as a zone cb, not the tight man they've been playing. Not sure how they expect him to cover someone for more than 4 seconds without safety help anyway.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s time we bench Wilkinson and see what Demar Dawson has to offer.

I was thinking the other day. If Dotson isn't better then Wilkinson what is the point in having the ole 34 year vet on the roster? It isn't to develop. ;) If Wilkinson keeps playing poorly and we don't have confidence to put Dotson in there, what is the point in having him at his age?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJM was drafted as a zone cb, not the tight man they've been playing. Not sure how they expect him to cover someone for more than 4 seconds without safety help anyway.

Not sure I would agree with this. I don't think he was drafedt only to play zone coverage. Ojemudia has great size and speed. He played well in man in college. He can play in man. He played well the first game hit some rocky moments week 2. Sorta have to take the bumps with a rookie CB as they get experience.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJM had a pick in week 1 that was a taken away due to a stupid penalty, so he can catch it’s just like a rookie he’s up and down. He started the game as a big up and then just got picked on a lot and ended as a big down because he showed he still needs a lot of work.
Yes that's why I use the word frustrating. We do this every year. Just think "2 simples catches" one by Jeudy last week and one by OJM this week and Denver more than likely is 2-0. I know it tough on the players/coaches losing key players because in the end talent wins over coaching and just can't lose that many good to great players.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that's why I use the word frustrating. We do this every year. Just think "2 simples catches" one by Jeudy last week and one by OJM this week and Denver more than likely is 2-0. I know it tough on the players/coaches losing key players because in the end talent wins over coaching and just can't lose that many good to great players.

Yeah, it really is frustrating. Think about last year: the Broncos were 2 bad calls (Bears/Jags) and one bad non-call (Colts) away from being 10-6. Of course that assumes no changes to the dynamic in the season outside of those three games, which is not really something any of us can prove.

My point is, in the NFL the difference between winning and losing is razor thin. And when it's razor thin in the other team's favor the result is just frustrating.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This woulda shoulda coulda crap needs to end.

For every play that "cost us the game", there are plenty that kept us in it. And plenty on the other side that they would want to be changed.

Deal with the present.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the cheap seats.............................."Brady's Bucs will win in Denver." Just too much talent for the limping Broncs to overcome.

They'll beat the Jets on Thursday night because the Jets are the Jets and they just plain suck. Bronco are going to win all of the games that they should win this year and might even surprise folks in a couple that everyone expects them to lose.

Too much competition for Trevor. Jets, Dolphins, Jags, Texans are already in front of the Broncos.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This woulda shoulda coulda crap needs to end.

For every play that "cost us the game", there are plenty that kept us in it. And plenty on the other side that they would want to be changed.

Deal with the present.
I'm actually on the side that these players cant make plays in crunch time. Pretty blunt and to the point.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is football for you gents. It is a game of inches.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is football for you gents. It is a game of inches.
Isn’t it funny how Vic Fangio’s team lives his motto “death by inches”. Maybe he should change it so they can start winning by inches

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks are grumpy no matter what happens.