• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week One pretty intriguing

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does feel like the Seahawks get a rough ride when it comes to non-divisional road games. Those games rarely get a prime time slot.
True, but Rams and Niners have to go through the same deal traveling east so I can't complain. Recently Seattle has played much better on those 1pm slots and actually seem to play more complete games on the road than at home.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems harsh but it happens to every team at some point. Good teams find ways to win in tough spots.
You play who's on your schedule when scheduled. It all pretty much evens out eventually. Sometimes your division is strong, other times not. Sometimes your schedule time, locations, bye and opponets are favorable. Other times not so much.

Yep, good teams find a way to win. Haters find a way to whine.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 17 games and 7 teams getting in, schedule doesn't really mean a whole lot imo. Staying healthy is way more important. Particularly at the QB position.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't disagree with the notion that you suck it up and play the team on your schedule regardless of time but I do feel the NFL should try to make as fair of an schedule as they can.

The one thing I don't understand is you look at week 2 of the schedule for example there are 10 early start games and 4 late start games. Why not schedule the 9ers@Eagles and Rams@Colts as late start games instead of early games. I don't see it being a competitive disadvantage for the Eagles or Colts to start at 4pm rather than 1pm their time and since they are home it's not like they have to hop on a plane and have a long flight back. The game would be well over before anyone's bedtime as well.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play who's on your schedule when scheduled. It all pretty much evens out eventually. Sometimes your division is strong, other times not. Sometimes your schedule time, locations, bye and opponets are favorable. Other times not so much.

Yep, good teams find a way to win. Haters find a way to whine.
Agreed and right now nobody's schedule can tell the story of a team in May. Once the final roster is set for week 1, by week 10 a supposed weak schedule could be one of the toughest yet a good well coached team will be able to manage it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed and right now nobody's schedule can tell the story of a team in May. Once the final roster is set for week 1, by week 10 a supposed weak schedule could be one of the toughest yet a good well coached team will be able to manage it.
Exactly, why I think SoS is a stupid stat.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, why I think SoS is a stupid stat.
6 games in your division skews the SOS.
If you are last place team your SOS rank is high because you play the division winner twice.
If you are division winner, your SOS is low because you play the last place team twice.....
This is not a knock on the schedule process. This shows the weakness of the SOS argument.....