• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week Five A.J. Green NonParticipation Trophy

Which Bengal will embarrass himself, his children, and his grandchildren against the Ravens??

• A.J. Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobby Hart

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • William Jackson

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Josh Bynes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Jessie Bates

• Other: Specify in comments

• Total voters

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week Four gave us something unexpected - basic competence out of the offensive line. Rushing for 200 yards and passing for 300 yards, that was as complete an offensive victory as one could reasonably expect from the Bengals. Sure, the Jags were missing almost their entire defense, but hey, we'll take it. So no lineman will win the award, and while the defense is still pretty shaky, we have to take a long look at A.J. Green this week. On a day where the Bengals were getting everything they wanted, he had one catch for 3 yards on five targets. He looks like a shell of the guy he used to be. I'm not sure he can even start for them anymore. And so he gets the award this week.

Next up are the Ravens, and the thought of this defense trying to tackle Lamar Jackson is sad and lonesome. William Jackson almost got the nod with his getting incinerated on a Jaguar touchdown, he's on notice.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
William Jackson has not turned into the DB we all thought he could be. It's a shame.

AJ - they need to design some plays for him out of the slot and see if they can lineup something a bit more favorable. He can't lineup outside anymore with his lack of explosiveness and speed.

Blocking is much easier when the defense doesn't know if you are going to run/throw - the Bengals did a nice job of mixing up plays on 1st down and actually sticking with the run.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The silver lining here is that AJ is making the whole contract decision very easy. He takes up a fair amount of our cap and we won't be paying him beyond this year. The top paid guards in the NFL are making 4 or 5 million less than we are paying AJ this year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The silver lining here is that AJ is making the whole contract decision very easy. He takes up a fair amount of our cap and we won't be paying him beyond this year. The top paid guards in the NFL are making 4 or 5 million less than we are paying AJ this year.
Even if he were having a decent year - I just don't see how any team justifies paying a guy 20M+ a year at his age with his injury history. Then again...

1601919744987.png

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember if I brought it up or one of you did, but the idea of trading AJ Green seems like it would have been a better route to go prior to the draft & season. His value doesn't look nearly as high anymore.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember if I brought it up or one of you did, but the idea of trading AJ Green seems like it would have been a better route to go prior to the draft & season. His value doesn't look nearly as high anymore.
I think multiple people on here suggested this - but his injury issue made it pretty difficult. Then again, a team could have traded a late round pick (4th or 5th, maybe) in hopes of getting him for 2020. Anything would have been better than nothing. Then again, he's a standup locker room guy, and his professional approach to the game can only help guys like Burrow and Higgins transition into the league.

It's just a shame how much of his ability has been sapped from him over the past 2 years. Even then, you could still see the flashes between injuries that he would be somewhat normal - maybe 85% of regular AJ. Now he's more like 40-50% AJ - and that is an issue.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think multiple people on here suggested this - but his injury issue made it pretty difficult. Then again, a team could have traded a late round pick (4th or 5th, maybe) in hopes of getting him for 2020. Anything would have been better than nothing. Then again, he's a standup locker room guy, and his professional approach to the game can only help guys like Burrow and Higgins transition into the league.

It's just a shame how much of his ability has been sapped from him over the past 2 years. Even then, you could still see the flashes between injuries that he would be somewhat normal - maybe 85% of regular AJ. Now he's more like 40-50% AJ - and that is an issue.
That is a damn shame. He was easily one of my favorite WRs in the AFCN during his career. I would have been on-board with trading for him to be in Pittsburgh this past offseason.

Its encouraging to see Higgins developing a good rapport with Burrow this soon. If Green is just a shell of his former self then Higgins looks ready to take over. Suddenly that draft pick looks a lot smarter than I originally gave it credit for.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's time for him to be traded to a contender, this could be his last chance. he doesn't even need to start, he could just come in on 3rd down and shit like that.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's time for him to be traded to a contender, this could be his last chance. he doesn't even need to start, he could just come in on 3rd down and shit like that.
Honestly - and do what on 3rd down? The guy simply cannot get open. He has no burst at the line, no explosion to track down a deep ball, and can't separate from mediocre DB's. Outside of his solid catch radius, he doesn't really offer much.

I don't even know if you'd get a 7th rounder for him at this point.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they could trade him given his salary.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, that's too bad. he's basically on pace with Drew Sample.

I remember when some Georgia fan was crying that his career would be wasted by being in the same scheme with Andy Dalton's weak arm. lol, those were the days.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bad feeling that Lamar Jackson is going to run for 250 yards

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NGL I thought Greg Gumbel was dead.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who was at fault there is not even trying to block Calais Cambell

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does AJ Green even try for the ball anymore?

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might have a repeat winner