• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 9 vs. Louisiana-Monroe

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's start with the biggest question surrounding this game: How the fuck is Idaho favored here?

I don't get it. I suppose the argument is that home field advantage is usually worth 3 points, but Idaho has played like absolute dogshit at home all season outside of one half against App St. Not that road performance has been much better, but there were at least three solid quarters against WMU and another decent full game against USA. CCU and Texas St are the only SBC schools that Idaho should be favored against at this point.

I'd talk about last week's game a bit, but I think discussing r*pe is too uncomfortable. However I do feel the need to point out that Mason Petrino does not belong on a college football field of any kind. Yeah, he threw a TD pass last week against Mizzou's 5th string defense. But the throw was ugly as hell and I'm still not sure how it was completed. Keep this guy off the field.

Moving on to this week's game against ULM. This situation feels very familiar. Idaho matching up with a team coming off a multi-game losing streak that boasts a defense ranked 119th or lower in points given up per game. Idaho is averaging 18.5 ppg in the other two contests which is roughly 20 points less than what those opponents gave up on average.

Why is the offense so inept? Well there are a lot of factors but the easiest answer is that they can't throw the ball. This is a one dimensional team. Duckworth has been a beast running the ball and Saunders has performed well in his absence, but the offensive line can't block, the WRs can't get open, and Matt doesn't know when to throw the ball away or just bail and run. It's that simple. Fortunately Linehan has managed to limit turnovers despite being put in an awful situation. However this small positive is negated by the fact that the defense just isn't capitalizing on turnover opportunities like they were last year.

The Warhawks faced some tough non-conference competition at the beginning of the year and as such started 0-2 before winning three shoot-outs against some low level SBC teams. They have since cooled a bit, losing two straight to Georgia State and USA. I've already mentioned that their defense is pretty much terrible but that won't matter since Idaho can't score.

On offense Caleb Evans is a dual threat QB with 9 rushing TDs on the season. That's it. That's all you need to know. Game over. But just for shits and giggles the Warhawks do have a pretty balanced rushing attack. Derrick Gore and Ben Luckett both have 300 yards rushing and 5 TD's on the season to go along with with Evans' 300+ yards and 9 TDs. So ULM does have a potent rushing game. But they don't exactly suck at throwing the ball. I mean, they've got more passing yards than Idaho does this year (okay, that's not saying much).

Prediction:

Warhawks control the clock and dominate the fourth quarter in a game where Idaho struggles to move the ball. Only way Idaho wins is if they move the pocket on throwing downs and cause some turnovers. Yeah, that's not likely. They might have a good first half showing but it always seems like the Vandals struggle with second half adjustments under Petrino.

Warhawks 28
Vandals 16

Go Vandals I guess. Maybe look like you actually give a shit.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only up by 21 at half time so there's still an 80% chance they lose.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31-13 Idaho at the start of the fourth quarter. ULM has Idaho right where they want them.

Calling it now.

37-34 ULM in OT.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31-16 6 minutes left. ULM QB somehow escapes three tackles for a sack and get a miracle play. This is just laughable. So predictable and so fucking bad.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ULM a dropped pass away from likely sending it to OT. Idaho lucks out and doesn't choke. 31-23 W.

OL played very well without Jordan Rose and getting Vrba back at center. Offense still can't do shit in the second half and fourth quarter though.

Fun fact:

Idaho has now been outscored 44-7 in the fourth quarter when entering the quarter with a two score or more lead. They are somehow 2-2 in those games. The 7 points came against Sac State.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact:

Idaho has now been outscored 44-7 in the fourth quarter when entering the quarter with a two score or more lead. They are somehow 2-2 in those games. The 7 points came against Sac State.
:L

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game where Linehan looked good IMO. Well, at least for half of the game. And another solid outing from Duckworth.

Next game should be an interesting one.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game where Linehan looked good IMO. Well, at least for half of the game. And another solid outing from Duckworth.

Next game should be an interesting one.
He looked good against App St. for one half too. Just can't put a full game together, but the same can be said for the entire team.

Few more quick facts:

Aaron Duckworth leads the SBC in rushing yards, ahead of both Larry Rose III and Jordan Chun. Duckworth is also 10th in the nation in all-purpose yards.

Idaho leads the SBC in sacks surrendered.