• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9: Denver Broncos at Atlanta Falcons

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very bold of Denver to say we don’t care how bad Atlanta is we feel like playing like crap today and that’s what we’re gonna do.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take 3. The defense needs to get a stop. Giving up points on every position is putting a lot on a very young offense. Need a TD on this drive by the offense. 3 won't do.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#27 is terrible
Why cut Bausby for this scrub.
Our depth is not good

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#27 is terrible
Why cut Bausby for this scrub.
Our depth is not good

The fact that Bausby was so below average he got beat out by a special teams player tells you all you need to know about him. Harris is terrible and yet he still outperformed Bausby

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally disagree with you Duffman. Elway made a huge mistake and most people on this forum would agree that Harris is not a better CB than Bausby. It's not even a conversation to have really as it's not even close in playing ability. Harris panics and is technique is horrible and has not improved. I'm not saying Bausby is a great CB, but he's a capable #3 or possibly #2 CB in this league and he's shown it. These players respect their coaches on this team, but in-game situations, this coaching staff is some of the worst that I've ever seen (clock management, play-calling, common sense). Really pissed off watching this team play. On both offense and defense, they don't disguise anything. I can tell if it's a run or pass about 80 to 90 percent of the time and that's a huge advantage for an opposing defense.

Lock is really getting into some bad habits as he's leaving the pocket a lot when the pocket is not to bad. He needs to get better.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a complete team let down. 2 stops by the defense but the Falcons were in the FG range, so all 4 drives ended in points.

Poor play calling with running the ball with under a minute left in the 2nd quarter.

The brightest side I can come up with is we are 4 points closer then last week. Need to come out and get a TD to start the 2nd half. Hopefully that will jump start the team.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally disagree with you Duffman. Elway made a huge mistake and most people on this forum would agree that Harris is not a better CB than Bausby. It's not even a conversation to have really as it's not even close in playing ability. Harris panics and is technique is horrible and has not improved. I'm not saying Bausby is a great CB, but he's a capable #3 or possibly #2 CB in this league and he's shown it. These players respect their coaches on this team, but in-game situations, this coaching staff is some of the worst that I've ever seen (clock management, play-calling, common sense). Really pissed off watching this team play. On both offense and defense, they don't disguise anything. I can tell if it's a run or pass about 80 to 90 percent of the time and that's a huge advantage for an opposing defense.

Lock is really getting into some bad habits as he's leaving the pocket a lot when the pocket is not to bad. He needs to get better.
Good post.
Lock is panicking too quickly And #27 is not good.
Terrible player evaluation unless Bausby has some behind the scene issues.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the issue with Bausby is he doesn't play special teams where Harris does. If both Bouye and Callahan were not out then Harris probably doesn't see the field. Unfortunately we are down our top to CBs when we play the #1 passing team in the NFL.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atl rushes 3 and still Lock drifts to one side
He’s regressing or just can’t process NFL defenses.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Glasgow back and bad. Schlottman just can’t cut it.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that INT likely just killed any hopes of a comeback.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen is killing it in BUF

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this a case of being short handed and really young or are we just a bad team? I have to think that on the defensive side it is an issue with being short handed. 6 of our expected defensive starters are out:
Shelby Harris - COVID-19
Mike Purcell - IR
Jurrell Casey - IR
Von Miller - IR
Bryce Callahan - Ankle
A.J. Bouye - Concussion

On offense we are super young and missing Glasgow and Sutton. Sutton was going to be the steading presence, but never really got started with the shoulder and ACL. This team was probably going to be up and down if there were no injuries, and the team has been hit hard.

Right now I am going remain optimistic and say that today's result was more of a case of being short handed and some up and down and then pressing by the offense.

Hopefully we get Bouye, Callahan, Harris, and Glassgow back next week.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing you have to say is that they have not given up. They are playing hard.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen is killing it in BUF
Give lock time. It took Allen a couple seasons starting in Buffalo to get to this point. I'm not sure why you'd expect Lock to waltz into the NFL and within his first 16 starts be on track for the HOF.

This year is all about player development at this point. 3-5 and likely 4-4 at best down the stretch based on what I've seen. Another 7-9 year and maybe 21 will be a year it all comes together. This year has just been a dud all around. Glad I was out kayaking instead of watching this game!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give lock time. It took Allen a couple seasons starting in Buffalo to get to this point. I'm not sure why you'd expect Lock to waltz into the NFL and within his first 16 starts be on track for the HOF.

This year is all about player development at this point. 3-5 and likely 4-4 at best down the stretch based on what I've seen. Another 7-9 year and maybe 21 will be a year it all comes together. This year has just been a dud all around. Glad I was out kayaking instead of watching this game!
I think seeing how Herbert and Mahomes came into the league and had instant success, now everyone wants their young QB to be instantly successful. That is not realistic and some young QBs never experience consistent success. This young offense needs time, and the fact that it has been a revolving lineup due to injuries has not helped.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to keep telling myself that we need to be patient with the players. Drew Lock IS a rookie with 8 or 9 games under his belt. With all the youth, injuries and just a f'd up year in general, we need to give it time.

The thing that hasn't changed is the inconsistency from the FO. Since 2015 we've had 3 head coaches and 6 OCs. You can't build on that. It's hard for the Broncos to ask for fans to be patient when they can't be.

This while not even getting into the issues with ownership...

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver wants to take next step we need new ownership with deeper pockets.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver wants to take next step we need new ownership with deeper pockets.
What will deeper pockets do? Denver already has some of the best facilities in the NFL from what I have read.