• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9: Denver Broncos at Atlanta Falcons

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will deeper pockets do? Denver already has some of the best facilities in the NFL from what I have read.
I agree with the financial part. But I do think new ownership is critical from both a leadership and accountability standpoint. I think all major decisions will be “on hold” until that happens.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty George you said, what I should have in above post. We are the Denver Lions because we lost the best owner in sports. Nothing will change unless Bowlens sell. If we get new ownership wouldn't you want them to have deeper pockets to make a splash hire and change the tide here? I know deeper pockets doesn't mean they will be good see Synder but, it would give us more options to get out of bad seasons.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the financial part. But I do think new ownership is critical from both a leadership and accountability standpoint. I think all major decisions will be “on hold” until that happens.
I agree that having an owner is going to benefit the team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Albert O out for season, maybe we give Fumagalli another shot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have also claimed CB Devante Bausby off waivers from the Cardinals. Appears he was a one week rental for the Cardinals. ;)...

I was just telling LGM how often Elway likes to bring players back we have once cut (between active roster and PS) - Not counting players we cut in Pre Season and sign right back to the PS 24 hours later because that is well obviously common. Here are some I thought about. Elway seems to be captain of this.

Sylvester Williams
Darius Kilgo
Corey Nelson
Devante Bausby
Jon Halapio
Deyon Sizer (several times)
Deshawn Williams (Several times)
Troy Fumagalli
Kelvin McKnight
Trinity Benson
Kendall Hinton
Ryan Harris (Starting LT in last Super Bowl win)

Then there are players we have known he has tried to claim off waivers several times before ending up with them.

Andrew Calitro
JJ Dielman

Moral of the story! Elway seems to like what he likes. Bausby was probably the one off the above list that should have never been cut in the first place. Williams and Nelson are a little different because they left as free agents then ended up coming back. (Nelson one year later after being cut) and Williams years later after winning a SB with us.

My favorite all time Broncos to leave and come back in their career are:

Vance Johnson (Never played a down of regular season for another team but left us twice and came back) Was part of the Gary Zimmerman trade and a Charger in Preseason but always ended back up in Denver.

Tatum Bell

Ian Gold

I am hoping one day Danny Trevathan will play one more season for Denver. :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver needs more WCO passing plays on 1st down mixed in with runs. 2nd and 6 should be the goal. Who cares if the 4 yards come from a run or a short pass.

I reviewed the Denver drives and when they were in 2nd and 6 or less they converted a first down. 2nd and 7 or more they punted.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bausby is closing in on the in and out record.