• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 9, BYE

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams start off the bye week with two consecutive wins and they move Talib out the door to the Dolphins and also sent the Dolphins a fifth rounder. Hager is the next to be moved and Demby may be shown the door. This is the week we get some rest and heal-up for the trip to Pissburgh when the bye week is done. Should be an interesting second half to see if this team wins 8-straight as Whitworth implored them after the victory in London. If not, we will probably miss the post-season or squeak-in with a Wild-Card.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, BattleLyon. Nice fall weather to get some things done away from football. Should be a productive week-end.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to see Talib go but he was basically out for the season, Rams can fill his spot from within.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam I thought we were going to hit the daily double yesterday.

Minnesota lost and Seattle dam near lost. That would have been nice. Now we got to play some ball and start peaking in December

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these teams that have been winning like the filthy niners are now going to be reaching the hardest part of their schedules. Time for the Rams to catch up with a string of wins.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have re-signed Dakota Allen to the practice squad after he was cut by Jon Gruden Monday. The project worth continuing with is back.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramswire has identified three reasons why the defense has been playing so bad this year until recently and two reasons why the O-line has been even worse until Edwards recently took over Noteboom's spot at left guard.

The three reasons the defense was so bad are: Aqib Talib, Marcus Peters, and John Johnson. According to this article on that site, these are the three worst tacklers on the D based on miffed tackles. Add Ebukam to the list and triple team AD and you have a very bad D.

All three of the aforementioned players are no longer playing defense. Peters and Talib are gone and Johnson is on IR. The data for this article comes from PFF. I was surprised that Johnson made their poor tacklers list. Interestingly, the D has gotten way better because of sure tacklers like Rapp, Weddle, Ramsey, and Reeder in the secondary. According to the article, our D has returned with a vengeance and should be way better in the second half of the season.

The two reasons for poor offense this year are basically the O-line and include: Allen at Center and Blythe at Guard. These two occupy the worst O-lineman category's bottom third and they have not improved to date. Both routinely miss blocks outright or get manhandled and defenses know the quickest route to Goff is between these two jackasses.

In fact, our up-the-gut rushing yardage has declined 32% this year alone because of these two practice squad players. All of our running plays are now around the tackles and Edwards is playing so good that if the Rams do go inside on a run their inside running plays go between Edwards and Whitworth.

Suggestions abound that McVay would do himself a favor to replace Allen with Corbett, the kid from Cleveland that we traded for and Bobby Evans for Blythe. Both moves would make our O-line bigger and everyone I have read seems to think better. We shall see.

Last edited:

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramswire has identified three reasons why the defense has been playing so bad this year until recently and two reasons why the O-line has been even worse until Edwards recently took over Noteboom's spot at left guard.

The three reasons the defense was so bad are: Aqib Talib, Marcus Peters, and John Johnson. According to this article on that site, these are the three worst tacklers on the D based on miffed tackles. Add Ebukam to the list and triple team AD and you have a very bad D.

All three of the aforementioned players are no longer playing defense. Peters and Talib are gone and Johnson is on IR. The data for this article comes from PFF. I was surprised that Johnson made their poor tacklers list. Interestingly, the D has gotten way better because of sure tacklers like Rapp, Weddle, Ramsey, and Reeder in the secondary. According to the article, our D has returned with a vengeance and should be way better in the second half of the season.

The two reasons for poor offense this year are basically the O-line and include: Allen at Center and Blythe at Guard. These two occupy the worst O-lineman category's bottom third and they have not improved to date. Both routinely miss blocks outright or get manhandled and defenses know the quickest route to Goff is between these two jackass.

In fact, our up-the-gut rushing yardage has declined 32% this year alone because of these two practice squad players. All of our running plays are now around the tackles and Edwards is playing so good that if the Rams do go inside on a run their inside running plays go between Edwards and Whitworth.

Suggestions abound that McVay would do himself a favor to replace Allen with Corbett, the kid from Cleveland that we traded for and Bobby Evans for Blythe. Both moves would make our O-line bigger and everyone I have read seems to think better. We shall see.

hmm..if that was indeed the case then shouldn't Philips have done something earlier to correct this instead of letting it ride? i mean, really...John Johnson our young ball hawk is whiffer?? say it ain't so.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
side note..if Mcvay knew how shitty the line was then why didn't he make the adjustments accordingly early on? Your guard and Center both suck so what does this smart dumb guy do?? Pound the damn ball up the middle against a niner def on goal line 3 times??? I'm going to call the bull shit on part of this... i can agree with the article but a good/great coach knows how to adjust to his teams strengths. Look at BB, i believe this guy is the king of adjustments. Boy genius needs to get ahead of the curve, hopefully he's done that with these changes.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Jermaine. Many pundits agree with you and there is this notion out there that because of his age and inexperience at the HC position, McVay lets his need to be liked by his players and his loyalty to them override what should be done to keep the team competitive. Belicheat has done all that and he gets it. Do your job and we will win it all. If you don't, Ill get somebody who will. This is one of the reasons the Patriots are in the bowl nearly every year and they have won six. Meanwhile McVay is busy being loyal and it has resulted in a sacrifice of wins and potentially an absence of a post season appearance. Bill Parcels was the same way as Belicheat. Periennial winning coaches are known as real a-holes by players at the time of their playing days but then they all respect them later. Another example is Jimmy Johnson. McVay is trying to add being concerned about his players along the lines of being their buddy which is good but then it clouds his thinking and we hold onto knucklehead screw-ups way too long. It is a debatable style of coaching for sure.

Last edited: