• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8 Carlos Dunlap NonParticipation Trophy

Which Bengals will embarrass his aunts, uncles, cousins and friends against the Titans?

• Bobby Hart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlos Dunlap

• Fred Johnson

• Darius Phillips

• Vonn Bell

• Other: Specify in comments

• Total voters

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly, I think the Bengals made two really good moves with Finney and Spain. Both guys had similar situations - Both were viewed as productive guys that could be starters or high quality back-ups. Certainly better than some of the projects we've had in our building. But for whatever reason both of them had weird starts to their season and quickly fell out of favor. With Finney, maybe he just had a hard time catching onto a new system (particularly with an odd offseason). Of course there is always the potential that he looked better in Pittsburgh than he really is (seems to happen a lot) and he'll continue to struggle. But you really didn't give up anything for him. I like the move. With Spain, it sounds like he had a terrific season a year ago..... And that he works hard (won their offseason workout award). I'm not sure why it didn't work out for him, but again, he must be better than Billy Price!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly, I think the Bengals made two really good moves with Finney and Spain. Both guys had similar situations - Both were viewed as productive guys that could be starters or high quality back-ups. Certainly better than some of the projects we've had in our building. But for whatever reason both of them had weird starts to their season and quickly fell out of favor. With Finney, maybe he just had a hard time catching onto a new system (particularly with an odd offseason). Of course there is always the potential that he looked better in Pittsburgh than he really is (seems to happen a lot) and he'll continue to struggle. But you really didn't give up anything for him. I like the move. With Spain, it sounds like he had a terrific season a year ago..... And that he works hard (won their offseason workout award). I'm not sure why it didn't work out for him, but again, he must be better than Billy Price!

Agreed. I really like how Price played Sunday though. I also thought Fred Johnson played really well once moved to LT. I don't think there was a single pressure on Burrow once those three replacements were in the game. Just makes you wonder why they get some complacent once they become starters.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4/5 of the starting offensive linemen are inactive. Whats the worst that can happen?

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell it's the best they've looked all season
The line has been a lot better since Williams and Hopkins went out.

is it possible Hopkins is bad at making the line calls and that’s been the problem?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to get excited about the line play, but TN's defense has not been good at rushing the passer all year. They've been living on turnovers - No turnovers for the Bengals... No problem.

But I will say this team is becoming pretty likable. Burrow spreads the ball around to everyone. The receivers are tough.... Not too much diva shit for once in franchise history. The D will need to be fixed at some point and the o-line could use a bunch of parts. But hell, you can see some potential here.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this could be a tough one. No one was obviously craptacular

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this could be a tough one. No one was obviously craptacular
I think Carl Lawson is a candidate.... Mostly for making the same damn mistake (neutral zone infraction) once again and once again killing a big play. Here's to never learning from your mistakes!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice game.

OL and D showed up, or Titans imploded, either way, it was good to see.