• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 7, Detroit Lions @ Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Sunday, 10/24/21, 1:05 PM PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are rolling now on all three categories of the game as Jared Goff and the Lions come to SoFi Stadium on Sunday, the 24th. Even though we started slow in New York, Stafford and the Offense are clicking on both the run and the pass, the Defense is playing well with their new guys, and Hekker completed a pass on a fake punt in N.Y. that was really good to see. The Rams appear to have assimilated their youngster replacements into all facets of the game.

The danger is for the team and especially McVay to get lazy and go soft on preparations and performance because there are alot of ex-Rams in the Detroit franchise. This will be a test to see if McVay and the Rams truly have developed the killer instinct, something that has been lacking on the Rams in recent years. We shall see as we roll along toward our bye week at Week Number 11.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there you go, this Lions fans states it so eloquently, after just 6 weeks.......

"I can see it, Goff is not your Franchise gotta have 'em QB, it get it but........"

And that's always been my bitch......

If this dude could see it in just 6 weeks, than why couldn't any of the dudes making the big bucks who drafted this kid, or any of the dudes making the big bucks who extended this kid ''see it''?

:wtf:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there you go, this Lions fans states it so eloquently, after just 6 weeks.......

"I can see it, Goff is not your Franchise gotta have 'em QB, it get it but........"

If this dude could see it in just 6 weeks, than why couldn't any of the dudes making the big bucks who drafted this kid, or any of the dudes making the big bucks who extended this kid ''see it''?

Something I wonder about is how different would both ours and the Eagles franchises be if we took Wentz and they took Goff.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are rolling now on all three categories of the game as Jared Goff and the Lions come to SoFi Stadium on Sunday, the 24th. Even though we started slow in New York, Stafford and the Offense are clicking on both the run and the pass, the Defense is playing well with their new guys, and Hekker completed a pass on a fake punt in N.Y. that was really good to see. The Rams appear to have assimilated their youngster replacements into all facets of the game.

The danger is for the team and especially McVay to get lazy and go soft on preparations and performance because there are alot of ex-Rams in the Detroit franchise. This will be a test to see if McVay and the Rams truly have developed the killer instinct, something that has been lacking on the Rams in recent years. We shall see as we roll along toward our bye week at Week Number 11.
Some great wins the last couple of weeks, but one thing that is concerning to me is the lack of urgency in running the football. Just because your QB can throw the ball the lengths of 2 football fields doesn't mean you have to throw it that many times a game. If this team really wants to be deadly and make a deep playoff run then they will need to find a way to game plan more runs. There are only going to be so many games where we can just depend on Stafford and D to will us to victory.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know me Jermaine. I have been screaming for McVay to learn the Jumbo Offense. I have seen touches of it in a handful of games this year when the Rams are within 5 yards of the goal line but nothing really extensive because McVay has a stiffy for the pass and probably always will. He just can't commit to a run-based offense in a game more than the passing game. It just is not going to happen.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have to ask such a stupid question? Yes he is and so is OKO. Both Lewis and OKO are healthy and Jamir Jones backs them up. Buddy Howell will be the Funk replacement and our running game just got bigger and hopefully badder.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know me Jermaine. I have been screaming for McVay to learn the Jumbo Offense. I have seen touches of it in a handful of games this year when the Rams are within 5 yards of the goal line but nothing really extensive because McVay has a stiffy for the pass and probably always will. He just can't commit to a run-based offense in a game more than the passing game. It just is not going to happen.
I don't think he likes it because he can't disguise it.

Running multiple options from the same look is what he really has a stiffy for.

I did like how he ran Daryll up the middle for the TD with none of the OL in a 3 point stance.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is probably what is going to happen to replace Mundt even though this week, the Rams won't make a move for one of them to come to the active roster because they called-up Buddy Howell (good move) and Dont'ae Deayon as well. Wow, they also added Jamir Jones to the active roster. What a steal!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Goff goes to the bench, his next step will be out the door either cut outright or traded. Washington needs a stoolie QB. Nobody wants that albatross of a contract for a douche like Goff.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mea Culpa has started and I hope McVay doesn't sacrifice this game with ill or no preparation just because he feels a little bad for trading Goff and Brockers. Geez, dude, let this shit go and let the whores in the medium waddle in this crap. So Goffie got his butt a little hurt. Who gives a flying flip. Get on with whippin the Lions ass and move on to the Titans. End of Story

I forgot, the Bleacher Report doesn't allow for cut and paste of any of their articles. If you want to read this nonsense, go there and go to the NFL pulldown menu, click on the Rams and voila.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could surely see it. But some of these guys were drinking koolaid and thought that he was young and could get better? Maybe Snead didn’t listen to mcvay?

They had to notice what happened in the super bowl after the play clock hit 15 seconds.

I don’t know

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a snippet from an article on Ramblin Fan about how we may be witnessing the end of Goff's career. It chronicles how we got to where we did and what we sacrificed to get a guy like Goff. One of the reasons Jeff Fisher will never coach in the NFL again. But this article pretty much says it all about the relationship Goff and McVay had and even includes the eff-ups of McVay in the Snooperbowl. Take a gander,

Goff can win. Goff can lose too​

In his career, Goff has shown both flashes and flaws. The 2x Pro Bowler has impressive performances and wins on his resume. In 2018, he led the Rams to a 13-3 record and a Super Bowl visit. During that season, he had 32 touchdown passes, 12 interceptions, a quarterback rating of 101.1, and a YPA (yards per attempt) of 8.5. These statistics illustrate unique talent that suggests solid potential.

But potential only matters when it is truly realized. Right now, there are questions about whether Goff can turn the corner.

Since 2018, he has regressed in some ways, but he continues to flash the ability to win games as well. In Super Bowl LIII, the Goff offense was held to a mere three points, based on a New England Patriots defense that simply plagiarized a Chicago Bear defensive game plan and amplified its effectiveness. Goff had relied far too heavily upon his head coach to figure out defenses and make the pre-snap adjustments. Rams management failed to give sufficient concern to that vulnerability. After all, not only did the team sign quarterback Jared Goff to a contract extension but did so a year earlier than they had to.

A fascinating component of the NFL is the cut-off between a franchise moving on from a quarterback to draft a new one versus handing out an expensive contract extension. At the forefront of that divide is Jared Goff, who received a four-year deal worth $134 million dollars, with, at the time, the most guaranteed money ($110 million) ever given to a player.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is playing really well and has filled the spot left by Morgan Fox in an extraordinaire fashion. Another unsung D-lineman who is playing so well that the higher paid A-Rob is sitting on the bench and that dude is Michael Hoecht! Two guys that are kicking ass without the big bucks and we haven't even seen Chris Garrett yet!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff and the Detroit offense is dinking and dunking already.