• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7...Bye Week

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have played 6 games and notched a 3-2-1 record.

That's below the expectation most of Steeler Nation and probably (hopefully) below their own expectations.

This record puts him in 3rd place in the DIV 1 game behind CIN and BAL. The Steelers have played all 3 DIV teams once and have a 1-1-1 record.

OFC...171 points scored...7th of 32 teams
DEF...154 points scored against...21st of 32 teams

OFC 3rd conversions...32 or 42.7%, ranks 10th
DEF 3rd conversions allowed...30 or 40%, ranks 15th

Rushing OFC...131carries/532yards/8tds/4.1ypc...yds ranking is 26th, rushing attempt ranking 27th, TD ranking 3th.

Rushing DEF...141carries/587yards/4tds/4.2ypc...yds ranking 12th,

DEF Pressure...22 sacks/2nd rk, (Watt leads with 6) and 42 QB hits (Watt leads with 9) 28 TFL (Watt leads with 7).

Notable Individual OFC...

Connor...5th in rushing, 7th in overall yards receiving and rushing, 2nd rushing TDs.
Brown...40 for 72 478, 6TDs
Smith-Schuster...42 for 63 561, 2 TDs
McDonald...20 for 25, 274, 1 TD
James...17 for 21, 274, 1 TD

The top 3 weapons are all projected to go over 1,000 yds each...the only sour note is WR3 production.

Notable Individual DEF

Watt...6 sacks, 1 FF, 1 PD, 7 TFL, 9 QB hits
Dupree...3 sacks, 1 FF, 3 PD, 4 TFL, 6 QB hits, 1 INT
Haden...7 PDs (leads team)
Bostic...37 combined tackles (leads team)

The biggest individual sour note is Burns. I don't have the stat in front of me, but reportedly he's allowing the highest catch % of all CBs thrown at this season.

What does all this mean?

Well, it's not hurting the OFC as much, but the DEF is clearly not playing well enough to overcome leading the league in penalties.

I think we can sum up this 1st 6 games like this...the stinkers were KC & BAL games. The KC game was just an ugly game against what is proving to be one of the best OFC in the league. Typical outcoaching in the BAL game.

Generally speaking I over estimated the DEF improvement. What's so frustrating about this team is not so much the players, it's the coaching. You have a team that ranks 2nd in sacks, so they are capable of getting pressure, yet when they need to get the QB on the ground, they rush 4 or even less and try to stop the play with coverage.

Looking at the remaining games.

Wk 8, CLE...coming back to earth bit last couple of weeks, but expect a tough game

Wk 9, @ BAL...can't get swept

Wk 10, CAR...the Pathers OFC is a better matchup for them than a high powered air attack

Wk 11, @ JAX...tackle Fournette and they will win this game

Wk 12, @ DEN...they are trying to find an OFC after starting 3-0 they've dropped 3 straight

Wk 13, LA Chargers...these guys could win the west, dangerous QB for this DEF, must play him like Matt Ryan...gotta get after him.

Wk 14, @ OAK...Chucky and the Raiders are struggling...need to get this road win

Wk 15, NE...take your annual beat down, no way they can defend the short passing game with LBs defending WRs...really need this home game to keep from potentially losing 2 in a row

Wk 16, @ NO...Drew Brees @ home...they really need that NE game

Wk 17, CIN...probably going to need this sweep to make it.

Idk if this group can find 7 more Ws, but I think there are only maybe 3 teams that are better, 2 for sure, certainly 3 that are playing better right now...BAL, NE, and NO.

I think 10-5-1 will have a good chance to win the DIV...that tie might be their saving grace.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't play this week, everyone lost and we moved into 1st place!