• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7 Bengals at Chiefs Flexed To Sunday Night

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SNF games are on too late at night. Normally, most people are asleep by 10pm.

I prefer the earliest game possible. Prime Time is overrated.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were really riding that Jimmy G train when making the schedule.

That stadium in Santa Clara produces the most unenthusiastic fans in the league. You could hear a pin drop last week and it was a close game for a while. They did the hardcore fans a huge disservice by moving the team out there.

Not really. most of the fans were south of the city anyways. It has more to do with the insane prices, the terrible product, and a not-so-hardcore fanbase in the first place.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys didn't look you best last week???

Got lucky.

:behindsofa:

No, the defense is still hasn't gelled yet. However, in past years they would've lost this one. Division games are always tougher, regardless of records.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but our 1 o'clock chance of 3.7% just dropped to 0.1%. Thanks NBC.

Eh, I dunno. Some teams are eventually going to outscore them. Their D is garage. The Bengals have a shot

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I dunno. Some teams are eventually going to outscore them. Their D is garage. The Bengals have a shot

We were the team to beat the Chiefs back in the day when they were 9-0, but I think that was in Cincy not at Arrowhead. If the Chiefs beat the Patriots, I think the Bengals have a chance. If they lose to the Patriots, we don't stand a chance. Need the heads in KC to stay full and light, not fill it with revenge.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were the team to beat the Chiefs back in the day when they were 9-0, but I think that was in Cincy not at Arrowhead.

Don't remind me. That was the glory days of Marvin Lewis when he wasn't a zombie.

I think that was the same season Lee Suggs and the Browns crushed us at the end. Good grief.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moose, it sounds like Berry is not going to play again this week. Are you starting to side with me yet that this may be yet another season without Berry?

I'm not sure even if he comes back late in the season how effective he is going to be.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moose, it sounds like Berry is not going to play again this week. Are you starting to side with me yet that this may be yet another season without Berry?

I'm not sure even if he comes back late in the season how effective he is going to be.
Not really knowing it's a bonespur with it being described as a pain tolerance issue; with minimal risk to the achilles. Man plays under 12 months after chemo and deliberately chooses more painful treatments just to hasten recovery? I am supposed to believe this same guy won't play if it's just pain tolerance? I watch soccer stars (legit stars) play with the same thing every week

Concern yes, lost season? Unlikely. It's not some super spooky unknown ailment that can't heal non-surgically. If it doesn't, it doesn't though; hence D2D designation. Kind of annoyed they seem oblivious to a bonespur of all things.

Unless it's a lot more than "pain tolerance," I am not really buying he won't play. Kind of pessimistic at this point it will be before the bye.

Last edited:

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really knowing it's a bonespur with it being described as a pain tolerance issue; with minimal risk to the achilles. Man plays under 12 months after chemo and deliberately chooses more painful treatments just to hasten recovery? I am supposed to believe this same guy won't play if it's just pain tolerance? I watch soccer stars (legit stars) play with the same thing every week

Concern yes, lost season? Unlikely. It's not some super spooky unknown ailment that can't heal non-surgically. If it doesn't, it doesn't though; hence D2D designation. Kind of annoyed they seem oblivious to a bonespur of all things.

Unless it's a lot more than "pain tolerance," I am not really buying he won't play. Kind of pessimistic at this point it will be before the bye.

I have heard that there is a procedure where they can go in and shave the bone spur down. Why are they not doing that or why did they not do it before the season started? Is there a very long recovery time from that?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard that there is a procedure where they can go in and shave the bone spur down. Why are they not doing that or why did they not do it before the season started? Is there a very long recovery time from that?
Reading in between the lines: Yes; at least in NFL season terms

I'll go look it up though just to be sure.

They probably thought it wouldn't go this long, and well here we are. Dunno if being 5-0 helps or not either.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really this all depends how truthful "progress is" with Berry's heel. Is it just being conservative? Or is it basically non-responsive to non-surgical treatment.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haglund’s Deformity Surgery

Want to stress I am not a doctor, but it looks to me this would take up most of the remaining NFL season at this point and include an immobility period as well as a physical therapy period. That's something that is probably not very appealing to most pro athletes as option 1. It may be an option in the offseason.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haglund’s Deformity Surgery

Want to stress I am not a doctor, but it looks to me this would take up most of the remaining NFL season at this point and include an immobility period as well as a physical therapy period. That's something that is probably not very appealing to most pro athletes as option 1. It may be an option in the offseason.

well, that's the only thing i could think since they have not and apparently are not doing the procedure. they are 'hoping' the pain lessens after time and he could get some playing time in this season.