• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm the dipshit. Yes it's been proven because a handful of posters here say so?
The rest of your spew is right on.
How many consecutive sellouts has the Seahawks had? Hint, it FAR predates their SB win.

Yes, it's been proven. This city has supported it's team through thick and thin like no other team in Seattle. Merchandising sales also prove it, and have for many many years.

Can you come up with a measure that supports your claim? Nope, didn't think so.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you're crying about it now. Or maybe that's creative deflection on your part.
Quick have that Snickers. Way too many angry Seattle players, coaches and fans.
Damn I'd hate to see what they'd be like if they lost?

Dude, go read the game thread. People WERE losing their minds when they were scoring 21 straight, and we were still in the fucking game. You'll notice who the guy was NOT losing him mind? That'd be me.

Again, project much?

I've been a football fan for a LOOOONG time. A season (or a decade) of shit doesn't make me blink.

I get to watch Wilson develop for another decade, if he stays healthy like Brady.

I'm all good.

But c'mon now. A Pats fan calling another fanbase out for being hormonal? The universe creaks as it verges on an implosion of irony.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol it's like clockwork.

Say that obvious pass interference was obvious and watch fans of that team have a complete meltdown.

It's ok. It happens.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it's been proven because a handful of posters here say so?

Heh. The liar card. For a happy guy, you sure a focused on negativity. :)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many consecutive sellouts has the Seahawks had? Hint, it FAR predates their SB win.

Yes, it's been proven. This city has supported it's team through thick and thin like no other team in Seattle. Merchandising sales also prove it, and have for many many years.

Can you come up with a measure that supports your claim? Nope, didn't think so.
Corporate seats account for a large majority of them.
What does many many mean? I travel all the time. Until 4-5 years ago u rarely saw a hawk jersey outside the PNW and Hawaii.
I remember being able to roll up to tbe Kingdome on game day and get a ticket.
But hey it's your story. Guess it made it easier once fans stopped going to Sonic games hun?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol it's like clockwork.

Say that obvious pass interference was obvious and watch fans of that team have a complete meltdown.

It's ok. It happens.

Fan(s)? Erm, I'll give you Fudge. He'll admit later to drinking too many Molsons or whatever while he watches. I've already admitted that the call could easily been PI. Oh well.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, go read the game thread. People WERE losing their minds when they were scoring 21 straight, and we were still in the fucking game. You'll notice who the guy was NOT losing him mind? That'd be me.

Again, project much?

I've been a football fan for a LOOOONG time. A season (or a decade) of shit doesn't make me blink.

I get to watch Wilson develop for another decade, if he stays healthy like Brady.

I'm all good.

But c'mon now. A Pats fan calling another fanbase out for being hormonal? The universe creaks as it verges on an implosion of irony.
Ok I'm off to watch Carrie Underwood's thighs.
You win I'm out

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was PI.

It was also an earned win.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking the 32 Fan Bases in the National Football League
What does many many mean? I travel all the time. Until 4-5 years ago u rarely saw a hawk jersey outside the PNW and Hawaii.
But hey it's your story. Guess it made it easier once fans stopped going to Sonic games hun?
I picked a random year before 2012 and googled NFL merch sales by team. Found many. Here's one above for you. They are all over.

So you want to suggest your proof is you didn't see hawks fans around town prior to 2012? :L And your dismissal of sellout records (that go well beyond many teams) and merchandise sales is solely based on you saying so?

That's what I thought. Nothing to back it up. Because it has been PROVEN wrong so many times.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh. And I 'remember' in the Behring era 80's having to go to pre-season games because we couldn't get regular season tickets.

I'm sure your anecdotal evidence trumps mine though. Corporate seats are a majority of seats? Heh.

Link us up man. Please.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fan(s)? Erm, I'll give you Fudge. He'll admit later to drinking too many Molsons or whatever while he watches. I've already admitted that the call could easily been PI. Oh well.

It also turned into the need to prove how loyal Seahawk fans are with ticket sales. Or something. I'm not sure. I didn't read that much of it. Just pointing out that it was PI because it was. Congrats on the win. Shit happens.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking the 32 Fan Bases in the National Football League

I picked a random year before 2012 and googled NFL merch sales by team. Found many. Here's one above for you. They are all over.

So you want to suggest your proof is you didn't see hawks fans around town prior to 2012? :L And your dismissal of sellout records (that go well beyond many teams) and merchandise sales is solely based on you saying so?

That's what I thought. Nothing to back it up. Because it has been PROVEN wrong so many times.

He has a big ol' blindspot when it comes to the Hawks. If memory serves, he can't stand that the local team is popular locally, as he has to live with and listen to the coverage.

Not very logical. Hell, I used to get fatigue with Cowboys coverage when I lived in DFW, but I never complained to the fans about it. It's good for the community, and great for business. Our station broadcast the games, and I got to meet a couple of Cowboys. Multiple stations (including us) would have a full time crew in Waco for training camp. All cowboys, all the time.

Why would anyone expect anything different?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also turned into the need to prove how loyal Seahawk fans are with ticket sales. Or something. I'm not sure. I didn't read that much of it. Just pointing out that it was PI because it was. Congrats on the win. Shit happens.

Thanks, and I agree, call could have gone that way EASILY. Sherman has had some go against him that weren't as well. As you and I both said, shit happens.

The ticket thing is a sore-spot, because of this 'you're all bandwagon jumpers!' mentality. And a LOT of fans are. Hell, I'll bet there were a TON of fairweather fans that came out of the woodwork when Harbaugh had the 9'ers competitive again. Goes with the territory.

If I had five bucks for every 9'er, Cowboy and Steeler jersey I see up here in Canuckistan, I could go to Aruba.

But I've been a fan since '76, watched the game with my Dad on TV. Patera, Zorn, through Kreig to Moon and Hass, and now Wilson I've seen it all. Including guys I'd rather forget like Gelbaugh and McGwire.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. Drinking......

Not a huge Drinker. Even before my kidney transplant. Hell it's been a month since i touched one.

As for the PI. Maybe. But here is my point.

The catch still could have been completed.

Exhibit A:

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Drinking......

Not a huge Drinker. Even before my kidney transplant. Hell it's been a month since i touched one

That's twice now I've made that mistake. -10 Karma points to chf. Who am I confusing you with?

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock sucks ass I'm tired of this fuck

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's twice now I've made that mistake. -10 Karma points to chf. Who am I confusing you with?

Actually. Your confusing the D word.

I have blamed some posts here (this was not one) on my DISABILITY(one with Bayou Tiger comes to mind), not Drinking

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run, run, incomplete short pass. Is Brad Childress moonlighting as Houston's OC?