• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6... vsCLE

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Game Info: Week 6

Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cleveland Browns

Sunday, October 17, 2020 at 1:00 PM

JMViuN5.png

Betting line: +3.5
Over/under: 51

Last Regular Season Meeting: Steelers (W) 20-13 vs Browns
Win streak: 1 game PIT
Last 3 Meetings: PIT 2 - 1 CLE
Last 10 Meetings: PIT 8 - 1 - 1 CLE

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Game Info: Week 6

Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cleveland Browns

Sunday, October 17, 2020 at 1:00 PM

JMViuN5.png

Betting line: -3.5
Over/under: 51

Last Regular Season Meeting: Steelers (W) 20-13 vs Browns
Win streak: 1 game PIT
Last 3 Meetings: PIT 2 - 1 CLE
Last 10 Meetings: PIT 8 - 1 - 1 CLE
Underdogs?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised the Steeler Offense is ranked that low.

Does the 1 less game affect that?

And is Cleveland really THAT good at Rushing?

At any rate, the thing the Steelers D does best is stopping the run.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised the Steeler Offense is ranked that low.

Does the 1 less game affect that?

And is Cleveland really THAT good at Rushing?

At any rate, the thing the Steelers D does best is stopping the run.
Rushing . They r . And yeah our offense isn’t putting up tons of yards we keep grinding until we have to make things happen. It’s gonna bite us...

dunnno if it’s totals or what though

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I want to congratulate Baker Mayfield, who on Sunday notched his 12th victory in First Energy Stadium in Cleveland. He has now surpassed Ben Roethlisberger as the winningest QB in Cleveland since the stadium opened.

Despite only playing there once a year, Big Ben has his eyes on retaking a share of the record by season's end”

saw that posted this morning and chuckled

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I want to congratulate Baker Mayfield, who on Sunday notched his 12th victory in First Energy Stadium in Cleveland. He has now surpassed Ben Roethlisberger as the winningest QB in Cleveland since the stadium opened.

Despite only playing there once a year, Big Ben has his eyes on retaking a share of the record by season's end”

Dave Chappelle GIF

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Keep Ben clean and this offense shouldn't have much of a problem moving the ball & putting points on the board. Cleveland's defense has been pretty banged up. I'm concerned about the O-line once again, as they are faced with multiple injuries. Both Pouncey & DeCastro exited week 4's game. Pouncey's health could play a huge factor in this game as they have a very unproven product in JC Hassenauer. I have faith in Dotson being able to plug & play for DeCastro. Honestly if DeCastro plays I'd rather see Dotson at LG with Feiler being demoted to backup. Maybe Feiler could even snap the ball at center? AVill vs Garrett is going to be a concern. Garrett is on pace for DPOY and is going to be absurdly motivated to dominate this game after decimating his reputation last year over the Rudolph incident. Ben better focus on the quick release, and hopefully Canada & Fichtner have more tricks up their sleeves to getting the pressure off the pocket. The end-arounds & jet sweeps were innovative last week, but I wouldn't count on them being effective every week. Let's hope that Fichtner doesn't beat a dead horse like he did with the wild-cat bullshit from years past. Need to see a rebound game from Ebron or else I'm ready to put a metaphorical nail in that coffin.

Defense... Name of the game here is shutting down the run and forcing Baker to throw. Obviously that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence given the fact that this group has been bleeding yards through the air. But regardless, that gives them the best chance of disrupting everything the Browns have been trying to do & giving them opportunities for Baker to make mistakes. This will take some prayer as Baker has been a lot more efficient this year and hasn't been turning the ball over (if I'm not mistaken). Still, this is a big big big game for the AFCN picture, and this will be a big test for Baker. This defense has been stifling against the run, league's best in fact... But they'll be going up against arguably the best O-line in the AFC (big credit here for Baker's improvement), and the best rushing offense in the NFL. Baker & Kareem Hunt are nursing injuries, but should be ready & amped up to play in this game. This is the biggest test for this defense, bar none. I think the early goings will see plenty of wins & losses being traded in the trenches. But what worries me most is the 2nd half when depth/rotational players become a factor. Wormley has been pretty awful & Buggs has his moments, but they haven't been the most reliable. Carlos Davis hasn't been given an active helmet yet, so I'd probably want to get him one in this game. They need to keep the trenches fresh or they will be beaten into submission. If they can force Baker into throwing situations then the pass rush will need to be lively to generate the pressure they need to rattle Baker into making mistakes. They have proven that they cannot rely on this defensive secondary. If the pass rush gets swallowed up then Baker, OBJ, Landry, Hooper & Co will be doing a boat load of damage through the air. Cleveland's offense has been averaging a gaudy 37.5pts over the last 4 weeks. And they managed to hang 32 on one of the best defenses in the AFC (Indy). Buckle up gents... It's going to be a "bend but don't break" type of day.

I have a feeling this game is going to be a shootout of sorts and will boil down to who makes the least amount of costly mistakes. Neither defense looks like it can fully shutdown the opposing offense. But given the AFCN climate, its going to be a rough & bloody game. Hard to know what to expect during AFCN matchups. Going to take PIT at home, but its going to be a nail biter. Probably going to win by Boz's leg.

PIT 31 - CLE 30

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol... Browns would need to lose like 4 straight home games before Ben even gets his shot in week 17 in Cleveland.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Central PA screwed by the Ratbirds fucks this week.

I'll be going to HersheyPark Sunday. I'll torrent the game and watch it later without commercials. Thanks NFL.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Browns safeties are out. And their starting OG.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sendejo... remember this name.

That man is going to get traumatized this Sunday.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Landry's cleats today honoring a Pittsburgh legend...

EkjpUuiWMAACfcC

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stream it free from B i l a S p o r t
I already have plans now to do something else. Going to Hersheypark (We're seasonpass holders) and treating my SIL's family with our comp tickets.

I might sneak my earbuds to listen, but I'll still just have to torrent it and watch much later tonight.

But I'll keep that one in mind for when I need it again. NFL needs to get away from this artificial market bullshit and let us stream properly, without Sunday Ticket.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least we don't have to worry about the early yips from DJ today... DeCastro out will hurt.