• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6, San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams, Sunday, 10/13/19, 1:05pm, PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the ass-whippin' the Buccaneers dished-out was not a sufficient wake-up call for these Rams. They had to go to Seattle and with a missed FG lost the second game of the season. One telling fact about these Rams is this team is the only team in the league to not have scored a TD in the first quarter. These chronic slow starts are indicative of a lot of small problems that could be classified as a true snooperbowl hangover. This week, a rebuilt and talent-laden forty niners club come to the Coliseum to see if the Rams really are as bad as they have been exposed to be. Should be interesting to see if genius boy is good at talking and has become the new Jeff Fisher or whether he has learned a few things and has got this team back on track.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the stories coming into this game are as follows: McVay has become exposed as a coach who has lost his team to the point of stating at a presser this week that the Rams are searching for an identity. Seriously? You are the genius boy and you think the Rams don't have an identity after appearing in the snooperbowl last year? Another is the Rams are the only team to not score a TD in the first quarter of games this year. Injuries are mounting especially on defense. Maybe the D is worn-out propping-up an offense that was once revered as explosive. Matthews is out for at least 4-6 weeks, Taylor Rapp and Brit Hager are game-time decisions, and Marcus Peters has been mentioned in a trade for Jalen Ramsey. Greg Zuerlein is now rated at 80% completion in FGs, the O-line has been rated as the worst in the league, and our 100 mil QB has a pedestrian 7 TDs and 7 INTs to his sterling accomplishments this year, 6 games into the season. We have fallen to third place in the NFC West as both Seattle and San Fran have caught and passed us. Things are not looking good this year and we are def stinking things up big time and it starts with McVay.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Matthews out, Oko and Patrick get playing time this week.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners looking like a well oiled machine and just kicked the shit out of the Browns whom we barely beat. McVay at the present moment has this team looking like the the RAMs of old under Mike Martz... you guys remember those years? Pass happy, often injured Faulk, paying a boat load of money to a QB that got his ass handed to him on the SB before revamping the OL. Not to mention Two OT that are starting to regress a bit... I'm not getting my hopes up by i can easily see 3-3. This coach and QB both do a lot of talking about oh "we know what we need to do, fix this and fix that" but don't actually do any fixing so we'll see.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree Jermaine. If you look at other coaches like Belicheat and Sean Peyton, what they have done and are doing after major setbacks, unless McVay actually produces the results he talks about, we have little else to believe that McVay is none other than a 3-hits wonder and little else. A lot of talk but can't seem to get past all the hype to actually reinventing himself on the fly to continue to develop his system to make it stick into consistent winning like the aforementioned coaches.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Rams D shows-up and returns to their shut-down ways of the first three games, we will lose this game because of all of the problems on the O side of the ball. We will get behind early and fail to catch-up just like the Buccaneers exposed the Rams of doing in that disaster of a game three weeks hence.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Rams D shows-up and returns to their shut-down ways of the first three games, we will lose this game because of all of the problems on the O side of the ball. We will get behind early and fail to catch-up just like the Buccaneers exposed the Rams of doing in that disaster of a game three weeks hence.
The loss of Clay is really going to hurt I think. I figure that they’re going to double and triple Donald so I hope that the rest of the defensive line can make them pay for it. Also, our secondary needs to start playing closer to the WRs because I’ve been seeing too many receivers with nobody around them lately.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm going with the Rams on this one but I'm not betting the house on that.

9ers are on a short week and the Rams had the mini bye and if the Rams want to remain in the hunt to win the division this is a must win. I'd be hard pressed to see them catching the 9ers or Seahawks if they lose on Sunday. Everything is set up for a game they should win.

I don't love the Rams in this because their defense is just ok at stopping the run and 9ers DL vs the Rams OL heavily favors the 9ers.

Combined with Goff and his tendency to throw to people in the wrong jerseys it could be an ugly game if the Rams have to throw themselves back into it.

For the Rams to win they'll obviously have to stop the run and they'll have to be at least be enough of a threat running the ball to keep the 9ers DL honest. They absolutely can't afford to get down early and be in a spot where Goff throws it 35+ times a game because their offensive line won't hold up.

But I still think with extra prep time and rest McVay will make sure to dial up those quick passes to neuter the 9ers pass rush, get Gurley some effective touches, and Donald will be disruptive enough to slow the 9ers run game.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with the Rams on this one but I'm not betting the house on that.

9ers are on a short week and the Rams had the mini bye and if the Rams want to remain in the hunt to win the division this is a must win. I'd be hard pressed to see them catching the 9ers or Seahawks if they lose on Sunday. Everything is set up for a game they should win.

I don't love the Rams in this because their defense is just ok at stopping the run and 9ers DL vs the Rams OL heavily favors the 9ers.

Combined with Goff and his tendency to throw to people in the wrong jerseys it could be an ugly game if the Rams have to throw themselves back into it.

For the Rams to win they'll obviously have to stop the run and they'll have to be at least be enough of a threat running the ball to keep the 9ers DL honest. They absolutely can't afford to get down early and be in a spot where Goff throws it 35+ times a game because their offensive line won't hold up.

But I still think with extra prep time and rest McVay will make sure to dial up those quick passes to neuter the 9ers pass rush, get Gurley some effective touches, and Donald will be disruptive enough to slow the 9ers run game.

Good analysis, but i'm going to keep it a buck here, although this is a home game for the rams they gave up 55 against a bucks team. The defense is sub par, and has problems isolating any type of threat. IF you notice outside of the NO game, theres always a player on the opposing team having a career day in catches and yards against the rams. We have an old DC who needs to pretty much retire at this point because his defensive schemes seem to cater around playing corners 10 yds off WR's, letting RB's run wild on Screens ( especially after a 2nd and long and everyone knows that it is coming), and ineffectiveness in neutralizing the threat. Oh, did i forget to mention that the 100 mil QB has been in a very giving mood as of late to the point you'd thought it was Xmas in October. We have a chance there's no doubt in my mind but Golden boy needs to make the correct calls to put us in position to win especially knowing the deficiencies we have on the OL.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile in Belicheatland, I watched a well-oiled offensive and defensive jaugernaut just run over yet another team. New England looks totally dominant while we look splintered and having more holes in our total game than the cheese named after Switzerland!!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
9ers are going to be without their FB and now 2 starting OTs so that will likely put a dent in them running the ball and definitely going to be liability in their ability to pass block.

But Rams look like they'll have injury problems of their own with Talib out which may or may not be a good thing and Gurley being doubtful which sounds like he'll be out with the way McVay talked up the other RBs this week.

I still like the Rams in this one but man it's tough to call at this point. I feel the Rams have to at least be respectable running the ball and no Gurley or even a Gurley that's even more limited than he is will make that tough. Because if I'm the 9ers I'm just rushing 4 and putting 7 into coverage and just daring Goff to try to dissect coverages and finding the windows to throw in.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is out and Gurley, for all intents and purposes, ain't going to be playing either. Rapp is playing. Matthews is out. Talib and now Gurley are developing a no-playing pattern of performance here. In Gurley's case he has a deep thigh contusion so his injury might be legit but since late last year, McVay has been coddling Gurley way too much IMO. Talib has reached a nadir and I am suggesting that Phillips start playing Long in his place ASAP. The Rams should package both Talib and Peters and a draft pick or two to get Ramsey. It is time for Talib to retire. He is done.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile in Belicheatland, I watched a well-oiled offensive and defensive jaugernaut just run over yet another team. New England looks totally dominant while we look splintered and having more holes in our total game than the cheese named after Switzerland!!
What I don't understand is how did the cheattriots get such an easy schedule?...one pushover after another...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to work so I won't be around much unless the game is on during a break.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t kept up with this one yet. Was watching the Tank Bowl between the Dolphins and Redskins.