• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6 A.J. Green NonParticipation Trophy

Which Bengal will embarrass himself, his wife, and his girlfriend against the Colts?

• A.J. Green

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Bobby Hart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Redmond

• William Jackson

• Carlos Dunlap

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other: Specify in comments

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly, the defense was rather competent against the Ravens yesterday. The Bengals held the Ravens to 332 yards and did a great job limiting Lamar Jackson, who had 2 carries for 3 yards, 247 short of my prediction. Carlos Dunlap did get a killer unnecessary roughness penalty, though on review it was one of those penalties that only Bengals seem to get. Everyone else looked...competent, which was shocking.

Offense was a completely different story. Everyone looked overwhelmed, and Burrow was clearly uncomfortable and unable to pull the trigger on throws. Hopefully that's a blip and not a trend, it would be sad if the Bengals beat all the good out of him already. Michael Thomas (not that Michael Thomas) did have perhaps the worst play, turning the ball over for a touchdown. But the game was already pretty much over then, and he was only out there because the real winner begged his way off the field.

Yes, A.J. Green wins again. It's one thing to be old and busted like he is. It's another to be old and busted and think you still deserve the prima donna treatment. The stat line of 0 catches for 0 yards on 1 target isn't going to get it done. And on that 1 target he ws made a laughingstock in the league as he stood flat footed watching the ball go ovewr his head for a pick, then casually jogged down the field not even in the direction of the guy with the ball. Then he sat on the bench and cried about being traded, because I'm sure teams are watching that and wanting to sign up.

So A.J. Green is your winner, again. Next up are the Colts. Have to think the defense gets in on this, but Bobby Hart is still empty handed, which you know is going to change.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about what I expected.

Good defenses will even make good quarterbacks and offenses struggle to put up points from time to time. we had a few bright spots that were whisked away in a moment.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Colts - I expect them to pick on Phillips. I'm not sure why more teams haven't to this point. He can't help himself on a dig and go, he bites every time on the dig, and then is either beat deep or commits a PI/holding penalty. Colts will look to get Rivers back on track, so I expect a heavy dose of the passing game from them this week.

AJ is hurt (shocking) and likely not to play - and the OL despite the sacks this past week, I didn't see a TON of glaring mistakes - the Ravens are just damned good. Probably top 3 or 4 in the NFL, maybe top 2. Bengals are bottom 2, and the game played out as expected. I expect the Colts game to be a bit different, but probably not the end result.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Reader the colts can just run the hell out of it to hide how bad Rivers is and easily win by at least 10

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Reader the colts can just run the hell out of it to hide how bad Rivers is and easily win by at least 10
Never assume a coach will do something just because it works...

The Eagles could have easily beaten the Bengals had they followed the same blueprint - just run the ball. The Bengals cannot consistently stop the run. Instead, they let Wentz lead them to a tie (and more poor coaching).

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never assume a coach will do something just because it works...

The Eagles could have easily beaten the Bengals had they followed the same blueprint - just run the ball. The Bengals cannot consistently stop the run. Instead, they let Wentz lead them to a tie (and more poor coaching).
True but the colts have a much better o line than the eagles

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday didn't give me any worries about Burrow. I don't think any qb is going to line up on 3rd and 8 against the Ravens and consistently have success. If you can't get a run game going, if you are prone to penalties, or you have absolutely no imagination to help cover a terrible line, you will look stupid against them. The only thing I could fault Burrow for is that sometimes he just needs to throw the ball away. Particularly when his D is doing enough to make it interesting.

I'll also point out that the Ravens made Baker Mayfield look terrible in Week 1 and that Browns offense has been pretty darn consistent every other week. They're just really good.... I think the great teams in the league can beat them, but they're not the type of team that gets upset by a clearly inferior team.

I'd assume that the Colts would just run it down are throat and win an ugly, boring game. But, I'm not really sold on the Colts being a great team. They lost in Jacksonville in week 1 and have beaten a bunch of nobodies since. They barely put up over 300 total yards on a Browns D that seemed pretty average to me when we played them. And I think Rivers has a fork in his back. So, I'd take the Colts here, but wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals in this game late in the second half.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I needed a tight end in my fantasy league so figured, why not, Drew Sample. Pretty sure he's destined to drop five touchdown passes Sunday.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learned that I jinx players by starting them in my fantasy lineup.

so it's probably good that I'm a bit too busy to play.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I walked away from Fantasy Football about 4 years ago, only playing in one league where it was a favor to a buddy of mine. I just set the lineup and let it play out. Made sure guys were active each week, but didn't care one bit if I won or not. It's been one of the best things I ever did. I enjoyed those early days - and I was pretty damned good winning my league multiple times, and placing top 3 often (enough to cover my league fee at least nearly every year). But, it's been freeing to simply watch football (or not) and not care who does what.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your depressing AJ stat of the day:

Since October of 2018 AJ Green has played in just 6 of 29 games for 15 catches on 33 targets for 126 yards, 1 first down catch, 0 TD's, and no catch has gone longer than 15 yards.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I walked away from Fantasy Football about 4 years ago, only playing in one league where it was a favor to a buddy of mine. I just set the lineup and let it play out. Made sure guys were active each week, but didn't care one bit if I won or not. It's been one of the best things I ever did. I enjoyed those early days - and I was pretty damned good winning my league multiple times, and placing top 3 often (enough to cover my league fee at least nearly every year). But, it's been freeing to simply watch football (or not) and not care who does what.
Similar.... I started playing sometime around 1998 on Sandbox which I think was at some point acquired by Yahoo. I was really into it for a couple of years.... Looked forward to the draft, active on the waiver wire, etc. I retired sometime around 2010 - I found myself watching games just to wait for production by my FF team and it was getting annoying. I don't miss it..... And it was annoying then when someone wanted to talk about their fantasy team and it's annoying now.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar.... I started playing sometime around 1998 on Sandbox which I think was at some point acquired by Yahoo. I was really into it for a couple of years.... Looked forward to the draft, active on the waiver wire, etc. I retired sometime around 2010 - I found myself watching games just to wait for production by my FF team and it was getting annoying. I don't miss it..... And it was annoying then when someone wanted to talk about their fantasy team and it's annoying now.
Fantasy football has almost ruined football.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears the Colts had a possible COVID outbreak today, so I am nominating them for the non-participation award.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your depressing AJ stat of the day:

Since October of 2018 AJ Green has played in just 6 of 29 games for 15 catches on 33 targets for 126 yards, 1 first down catch, 0 TD's, and no catch has gone longer than 15 yards.
Geez.... That would have been his stat line for a couple bad games in a row before.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy football has almost ruined football.
Agreed. For me, it almost ruined my enjoyment of watching because I was simply too worried about my stats/teams. It got to the point where I couldn't even watch some games if another team I was facing had a guy that was doing well against me on TV...I'd get angry...lol

Sounds completely silly to me now - but when you're in money leagues - I guess that eventually builds up.

One of the other things that made me walk away was the draft night process. When I first started with my main league, it was a HUGE day, and we made it a ton of fun. By the last 4-5 years, it devolved into meeting up on a Sunday night, rushing through the draft, and barely getting a chance to hang out and enjoy the draft. For some of us, it's the only time we had a chance to get together (other than maybe 1 or 2 other times through the year). I was really souring after it came to that, and then one year I had to be out of town and I just said - you know what - I think I'm going to drop out this year. I had always planned on coming back the following year - but I didn't....I haven't looked back since and from that point on, I dropped all the other leagues other than the cursory league I mentioned and this year that went away too.....

free freedom GIF

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jessie Bates with a quick nomination getting trucked. Probably be on some highlights tomorrow and not in the good way

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Hell is happening