• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5: Ohio State week/Game thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the week we have had circled since last fall is here. Ohio State-Penn State, primetime, Whiteout, gameday, LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State 45-41

Ohio State jumps out to a big lead in the first half and survives a second half comeback by Penn State.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State 45-41

Ohio State jumps out to a big lead in the first half and survives a second half comeback by Penn State.

By the way, you should feel safe to remove your cones. We are running ball at will, keeping Trace clean and OL is mauling people now that they've settled on Fries at RT.

As for the game, I will make a pick later in week. I think the scoreboard operator will be busy though

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, you should feel safe to remove your cones. We are running ball at will, keeping Trace clean and OL is mauling people now that they've settled on Fries at RT.

As for the game, I will make a pick later in week. I think the scoreboard operator will be busy though
Early in the season I told the guy I lost a bet to on the cones that we'd wait until after Ohio State to make a judgement on them.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need the defense to play like they did in the 2nd half of the Illinois and Pitt games rather than the 1st if PSU is gonna have any chance of winning, don't think they'll be able to overcome a slow start against the Suckeyes. Haskins is by far the best QB they have faced so far, should be a good test. I think the offense should be able to put up some points though.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need the defense to play like they did in the 2nd half of the Illinois and Pitt games rather than the 1st if PSU is gonna have any chance of winning, don't think they'll be able to overcome a slow start against the Suckeyes. Haskins is by far the best QB they have faced so far, should be a good test. I think the offense should be able to put up some points though.

I think you'll see them settle on their best 11 and not go as deep in the rotation this week.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll see them settle on their best 11 and not go as deep in the rotation this week.

Hopefully that can help them out a bit. I know I had seen some stuff saying that they had some deeper reserves out there against Illinois on some of those drives, but it's kind of hard for me to see all 11 numbers out there before the snap, especially when the opposing team is going tempo like Illinois did. I'm pretty confident that JF and the staff are smart enough to know that there's no room to experiment against Ohio State.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we need to do is not let Ohio State beat us in our heads like last year. Just stop believing that OSU is this unbeatable giant and the Lions will play them even-up or better and then they can beat them outright. Otherwise this game will be like last year: We will have beaten ourselves before the kick-off because we have made OSU unbeatable in our minds.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we need to do is not let Ohio State beat us in our heads like last year. Just stop believing that OSU is this unbeatable giant and the Lions will play them even-up or better and then they can beat them outright. Otherwise this game will be like last year: We will have beaten ourselves before the kick-off because we have made OSU unbeatable in our minds.

I don't think this team is scared of anyone anymore. We are a giant again. Hell, OSU needed several horrible calls in 15, lost to us in 16 and we played a 1 point game in columbus last year. Our team has a swagger to it now that they are as good as anyone....and talent wise, they aren't wrong. Hopefully the defense continues to grow up

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a bet with a guy at work. He insists that the game doesn't matter because even if Penn State wins he thinks Ohio State will be ranked ahead of us. I don't see that happening but I can see his line of thinking...

Would a very narrow victory at home be enough to propel us ahead of them in the rankings? This early in the season I think its a no brainer, yes we'd jump ahead.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a bet with a guy at work. He insists that the game doesn't matter because even if Penn State wins he thinks Ohio State will be ranked ahead of us. I don't see that happening but I can see his line of thinking...

Would a very narrow victory at home be enough to propel us ahead of them in the rankings? This early in the season I think its a no brainer, yes we'd jump ahead.

Is your coworker retarded? In what parallel universe does he feel a loss will keep them ahead of an undefeated PSU team that's already in top 10? There is a 0.0% chance that happens

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your coworker is on one. There’s no chance PSU isn’t ranked higher than OSU if they beat them. If PSU wins, regardless of whether it’s a blowout, close game, etc. I’d expect them to jump up to the 4-6 range and OSU to fall to the 9-11 range. But there’s no way PSU doesn’t surpass OSU if they win.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A second coworker wants in on the bet. I'll be getting alot of free lunches if Penn State wins.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not betting anything, I could see it going either way, but I think the Whiteout makes the difference and that young OSU team gets a bit rattled at some key times

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, my workweek is over, guess I can put in a prediction now.

PSU - 41
OSU - 36

Buckle up for a wild ride, think its a very entertaining game, much like the last 2, but we end up on top when dust settles. Young OSU team has not been tested with an environment anything close to what they are in for Saturday. PSU comes out fired up and plays 4 quarters for once. Trace and Miles with big games, no bosa gives Trace a little extra time to throw when they try to roll up and stop run, defense does just enough and 110k crazy ass people in white give HAskins a ringing in his ears that won't go away till November

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving for the game at Noon, beautiful day, can't wait for kickoff. LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We ARE............

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well 3 points

I didn't have an isuue per se with the play call tossing it back to Stevens

I have an issue with the timing
Big catch PSU on the move and then that play pissed on the momentum a bit

Save it for another time I say

TheSnowdog