• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4 vs BAL

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh dude you've tainted it just by posting it! lol

:rant:

Well I hope it doesn't put a jinx...lol

Then we can do the abbreviated version this week...:D

BAL is looking better than I expected on OFC...dogfight kinda game, typical Steelers-Ravens. I like Connor's style better vs BAL, we'll see how he fares.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn,

Do we really have to do the Ratbirds already........

Fuck

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It makes sense.

Reason...The Steelers are a zone based team that will play some man. The majority of the DEF snaps are to Burns' weakest area...unless he can make a quick improvement, it's just not a good fit imo.

Sutton can play both man and zone...the biggest reason I would give Burns another game or so (assuming they can keep getting Ws), Sutton is the next man up in the slot so if he's starting outside is Sens your next man up inside?

It doesn't look like it now, but imo Haden/Hilton/Sutton/Burns are the top 4 CB talents on the roster, what I'm not sure about is if Sutton is outside how Burns fits.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense.

Reason...The Steelers are a zone based team that will play some man. The majority of the DEF snaps are to Burns' weakest area...unless he can make a quick improvement, it's just not a good fit imo.

Sutton can play both man and zone...the biggest reason I would give Burns another game or so (assuming they can keep getting Ws), Sutton is the next man up in the slot so if he's starting outside is Sens your next man up inside?

It doesn't look like it now, but imo Haden/Hilton/Sutton/Burns are the top 4 CB talents on the roster, what I'm not sure about is if Sutton is outside how Burns fits.
Burns played shitty in man coverage, too.

Burns is a bust, and if we can't improve on him and Coty, we are well and truly screwed this season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burns played shitty in man coverage, too.

Burns is a bust, and if we can't improve on him and Coty, we are well and truly screwed this season.

Yeah, true, but he has half a chance to improve as man cover guy because he's played better in the past.

For this season...Sutton is the only hope for improvement.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, true, but he has half a chance to improve as man cover guy because he's played better in the past.

For this season...Sutton is the only hope for improvement.
You can see him in some of those gifs. His man has taken 2-3 steps downfield already, and Burns still hasn't turned or taken a step. It's like he's playing baked.

Burns is playing Online Madden on AOL dialup while his opponent is on FiOS.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can see him in some of those gifs. His man has taken 2-3 steps downfield already, and Burns still hasn't turned or taken a step. It's like he's playing baked.

Burns is playing Online Madden on AOL dialup while his opponent is on FiOS.

Seeing some of his media comments, he's not in a great mental state right now...seems to be pressing. Teams are going to go after him (and) Sens so hopefully they can figure it out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steeler DL+OLB imo have been the more talented trench squad in every game so far, yet it's not showing up on the field very much yet. The CLE game they mostly controlled the LOS and the 1st half in the Tampa game...Obviously nothing vs KC.

I bring that up to say...BAL is trying to rebuild their OL and so far so good this season, but PIT will again be the more talented squad in the trenches when BAL has the ball. They have a new C and RT is not settled and their 1st rd pick Staley has yet to be the anchor they thought at LT.

The bad is...BAL DL is not the best of matchups for PIT OL...ideally it would be great to have Gilbert and DeCastro.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Mike Hilton and JuJu on the Injury Report, anything serious there or just cautionary?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Mike Hilton and JuJu on the Injury Report, anything serious there or just cautionary?
From what I've read Hilton's injury is definitely a concern. His arm was in a sling for most the week.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roughly 34 hours before the best rivalry in the National Football League!

The first of two rivalry matchups this season happens at good ole' Heinz Field and the Steelers haven't lost to the Ravens inside Heinz since October 2015. 5 of the last 6 games have been decided by 7 points or less and the last game between the two was the highest scoring game in rivalry history.

Currently, the Steelers are on a 3 game winning streak against the Ravens and they can match the longest winning streak in rivalry history with a win on Sunday. The Ravens won 4 straight before the Steelers began their current 3 game winning streak.

This season, the Steelers have struggled to a 1-1-1 record while the Ravens are sitting atop the North Division at 2-1, tied with the Cincinnati Bengals. The Steelers are coming off of a win on Monday night against the Buccaneers after losing to the Chiefs the week before and tying with the Browns in the season opener. The Ravens are coming off of a win against the Broncos after losing to the Bengals on Thursday Night Football and blowing out the Bills in the season opener.

It's the 49th game between the Ravens and the Steelers and it happens on 9/30, Sunday Night Football...PRIMETIME FOOTBALL! The Steelers have the best winning percentage these situations, having won 25 of our last 32 primetime games in Heinz field, which dates back to 2001.

Both teams have momentum going into this game, who is gonna cash in on that momentum and come out of this game with a 2-game winning streak?!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down & dirty.

Offense... Not going to sugar coat it, hoping the Steelers offense can start fast in this game. Keeping Ben clean will come easier than the TB game, but BAL still has plenty of tools to get the job done. Conner is going to have to be a difference maker in this game. The Steelers have depended on the RB position in these games in recent past, and this game should be no different. Ravens D is in a bit of a slump, but they are no joke.

Defense... This is going to make me sick but I'll go ahead and say it. Flacco is a much better QB this year. He's playing well and will likely have a great game this week. Steelers D can't depend on Ryan Fitzcraptrick giving away the ball every series. Since the Steelers DBs can't seem to stop a nosebleed, I imagine we'll see Flacco's deep ball on full display this week. It's going to be ugly.

Injuries... Sounds like they'll once again be without Morgan Burnett. And most likely without Mike Hilton. Good news is DeCastro seems ready to roll, and Gilbert is no longer on the injury report.

These AFCN bouts are no longer the old school slobberknocking type. The rivalry still runs deep, but the makeup is much MUCH different. Steelers offense will need to carry them to victory because I have ZERO faith in the defense. Pray that Ben gets red hot again.

Steelers 28 - Ravens 23

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down & dirty.

Defense... This is going to make me sick but I'll go ahead and say it. Flacco is a much better QB this year. He's playing well and will likely have a great game this week. Steelers D can't depend on Ryan Fitzcraptrick giving away the ball every series. Since the Steelers DBs can't seem to stop a nosebleed, I imagine we'll see Flacco's deep ball on full display this week. It's going to be ugly.

Injuries... Sounds like they'll once again be without Morgan Burnett. And most likely without Mike Hilton. Good news is DeCastro seems ready to roll, and Gilbert is no longer on the injury report.

These AFCN bouts are no longer the old school slobberknocking type. The rivalry still runs deep, but the makeup is much MUCH different. Steelers offense will need to carry them to victory because I have ZERO faith in the defense. Pray that Ben gets red hot again.

Steelers 28 - Ravens 23

It has been said that whenever Flacco looks like a homeless bum his stats go up.....
He's looking pretty fuckin raged this year......:noidea:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History is on our side here, home field is on our side, I like our odds.

Steelers 30
Ravens 21

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if it wasn't a fumble but an incomplete pass, why is it not intentional grounding????

This team is doomed as long as this coaching staff remains intact.
37 fuckin penalties this season....
And all Jack-off Tomlin will say is, we didn't execute......
Well no shit, how many fuckin wells do we have to hear Tomlin and his bullshit excuses????
I will shit my pants if he'd come out and tell us what we all know.....
I let my team get away with murder, I suck as a coach, and have no intention on improving this team.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember being more disgusted by a game in my life. The coaching, the defense, and the offense all sucked. Tomlin was schooled (nothing unusual there), no one realizes you can drop 20 guys into coverage, but if they all suck it won't help so why not try a fucking blitz, no running game at all, and Ben was just off.