• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4 Power Rankings

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions and Seahawks still yet to play, but neither is making my top 5 yet.

1. Patriots
2. Packers
3. Bengals
4. Falcons
5. Cardinals

Cardinals drop after the loss to the Rams. Falcons get in top 5. Broncos fall off after close game at home to Vikings. Tough to drop them after a win, but the Falcons have played so well, and the Cardinals while dropping from 2 to 5 stick for now... I may catch some flack on this one.

List your top 5.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Packers 4-0
2. Bengals - 4-0
3. Patriots - 3-0
4. Broncos - 4-0
5. Panthers - 4-0

Patriots win in Buffalo doesn't look as impressive after the Giants rag dolled the Bills yesterday.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Packers
2. Bengals
3. Patriots
4. NY Giants
5. Broncos

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Packers
2. Bengals
3. Patriots
4. NY Giants
5. Broncos

Besides Cincy, NY Giants have had the most time with a lead this year. Manning had brain farts early but they have been very impressive and this is without Victor Cruz. If he can come back to 90% of his former self . look out.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Packers 4-0
2. Bengals - 4-0
3. Patriots - 3-0
4. Broncos - 4-0
5. Panthers - 4-0

Patriots win in Buffalo doesn't look as impressive after the Giants rag dolled the Bills yesterday.
......Pats got sloppy in the 4th vs. Buff and let them back in (kinda?),....and Rex plays the pats every time like its a SB too.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 5 right now

1) Green Bay--They showed they can win both offensively and defensively this year. Very impressive team
2) Cincinnati--They just keep chugging along and finding different ways to beat teams. Andy Dalton seems to be a whole new player. They haven't played a primetime game yet so have to wait and see but so far impressive.
3) New England--Still don't trust that defense as I think it will be their ultimate doom eventually this year but can't argue with the success of this team.
4) Atlanta--I don't think that in the end they will be a top-5 team in the league but they are cruising. They seem to have found a run game which then makes Julio and that passing game even that much more dangerous
5) Broncos--I still have to have them here. This defense is running laps around the rest of the league with how they are playing. We've seen plenty of teams with terrible offenses go on to win the Super Bowl with an elite defense. Right now that is what the Broncos have.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 5 right now

1) Green Bay--They showed they can win both offensively and defensively this year. Very impressive team
2) Cincinnati--They just keep chugging along and finding different ways to beat teams. Andy Dalton seems to be a whole new player. They haven't played a primetime game yet so have to wait and see but so far impressive.
3) New England--Still don't trust that defense as I think it will be their ultimate doom eventually this year but can't argue with the success of this team.
4) Atlanta--I don't think that in the end they will be a top-5 team in the league but they are cruising. They seem to have found a run game which then makes Julio and that passing game even that much more dangerous
5) Broncos--I still have to have them here. This defense is running laps around the rest of the league with how they are playing. We've seen plenty of teams with terrible offenses go on to win the Super Bowl with an elite defense. Right now that is what the Broncos have.
I don`t really have prob with this list at this time but......I think Cincy should drop because I think their secondary is suspect. You let Alex Smith and Macklin look all world makes me suspect. New England should prob be a head of them. How many yrs lately have we said how that D is in shambles with players they`ve lost,etc yet they seem to get better and better with no names as the season goes. Atlanta has a great,great offense but I don`t think that D has been truly tested so far. I would go GB, NE, Cincy, Denver and Falcons for now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with Maclin looking all world, but Alex Smith. :dhd:

Although I don't believe he had a passing TD that game, but I agree Bengals secondary is going to be their downfall, and to think how many first rounders they have playing for them at CB.

Leon Hall, Dre Kirkpatrick, Adam Jones, Darqueze Denard.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with Maclin looking all world, but Alex Smith. :dhd:

Although I don't believe he had a passing TD that game, but I agree Bengals secondary is going to be their downfall, and to think how many first rounders they have playing for them at CB.

Leon Hall, Dre Kirkpatrick, Adam Jones, Darqueze Denard.
Yeah those guys certainly had the hype coming in but aside from Denard who I think has the potential to be pretty good the others although they have shown the capacity for making some big plays,for the most part they seem to lack" above avg " consistent cover skill dominance like our boys and others. They can look pretty good vs lesser Qb/ wr tandem and then get burned pretty good.when they face the big boys.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leon Hall is still decent but really two torn achilles tendons has hampered him from being better. The injuries have resulted in a decline.

Kirkpatrick has good ball skills, but struggles in man to man coverage.

I am actually kind of surprised that Denard is not starting in year 2.

Adam Jones is ok.

I mean not like they are 4 busts by any means, but if you told me they had that this tandem after these guys college careers I would have figured this to be the best CB unit in the NFL.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
head to head right now, I pick the Broncos over the Cardinals 8 times outta 10

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Denver has the best secondary in all of football and will be real intrigued to watch how they do when IMO anyway, the best qb in the league comes to town when GB visits. I would like them to have had Jordy then for ultimate challenge but it will be great test regardless. Can't wait for that possible SB preview. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL- I was gonna say something similar Geo.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the 2013 and the 2014 Denver Broncos going into the playoffs with this defense. IMO - that would be two Super Bowls, right there.

Now imagine - that for Peyton Manning to perform at a high level he needs a base of 10,000 reps - in past years - he hit his 10,000 reps in preseason, but under Kubiak - Manning doesn't hit his 10,000 reps until mid-regular season or after the week 6 bye - all this because what you want to see is the beginning of the year Manning - at the end of this season. That's how you win championships.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the 2013 and the 2014 Denver Broncos going into the playoffs with this defense. IMO - that would be two Super Bowls, right there.

Now imagine - that for Peyton Manning to perform at a high level he needs a base of 10,000 reps - in past years - he hit his 10,000 reps in preseason, but under Kubiak - Manning doesn't hit his 10,000 reps until mid-regular season or after the week 6 bye - all this because what you want to see is the beginning of the year Manning - at the end of this season. That's how you win championships.

To me right now I am seeing more from Manning not so much bad passes as really bad decisions and really bad timing. Anybody else remember the 2012 season at the beginning and how bad that looked? A new offense with new language, new coaches, and new players takes some time for everybody to figure out. I think Manning is honestly just thinking too much. He just feels like he has to make a play every time and right now he just needs to realize he has a great defense and special teams. He doesn't have to be perfect so just don't make the big play that hurts the team. I'm willing to give Manning a few more weeks to see how things go. Heck look at the OL and the improvement we have seen from week 1 where they looked like boys playing a man's game and getting embarrassed. To now I'm starting to like what I see.