• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4 Billy Price NonParticipation Trophy

Which Bengals will embarrass himself, his parents, his grandparents, and his great grandparents?

• Bobby Hart

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Fred Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Billy Price

• Darius Phillips

• Mackensie Alexander

• Other: Specify in comments

• Total voters

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole 'run the ball' thing seems good

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Bobby Hart running down field on a run - blocking no one - like he was running in for a TD himself....gad.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ green is shot
I was just getting ready to post this.

He's a possession WR at this point. He has no burst or top end acceleration like he used to. His best bet for 2-3 more years in the NFL would be to put on about 15 lbs, and use his size and catch radius to be a threat in the 5-15 yard range out of the slot.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t even think he’s a possession receiver. He can’t even catch anymore

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t even think he’s a possession receiver. He can’t even catch anymore
Well, that last attempt, the guy hit his arms prior to the ball arriving. It was bang-bang, so it wasn't going to be called PI - but AJ didn't really have a chance to make a play there.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that last attempt, the guy hit his arms prior to the ball arriving. It was bang-bang, so it wasn't going to be called PI - but AJ didn't really have a chance to make a play there.
I know, I saw that chop of his arms. But still, i dont think he has a catch today

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I saw that chop of his arms. But still, i dont think he has a catch today
Not sure - but I think a big part of the issue is that he's no longer an outside WR. In a slot, he can be a possession guy against smaller DB's and slower LB's. He can still have some value if he reinvents himself a bit. The question will be: Can he accept his decline and put in the work to make a change to his style - or will he double down and lie to himself and fade into black.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...it's sad to say but A.J. Green looks like the winner this week. He can't get open and he's never been super physical, so tough to say he can even be on the field. The offense was better when they stopped looking his way.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Burrow is really, really good. the way he has command of that offense and his ability to spread it around is uncanny for a rookie. I feel very uncomfortable having such a promising about for the Bengals. This can’t end well.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Burrow is really, really good. the way he has command of that offense and his ability to spread it around is uncanny for a rookie. I feel very uncomfortable having such a promising about for the Bengals. This can’t end well.
It's really something. He looks a lot like Tom Brady throwing out of those spread sets. I'll be sad to see his arm fall off against the Ravens.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow just looks like a 5 year - 10 year guy out there. It's weird to have such a talented QB AND to have his mental make-up. It's like we got our last 2 QB's in one (Palmer's ability, with Dalton's brain).

I know nothing about the Jags, but as good as the OL played, I'm curious to how bad the Jags defense is. Even still - the line only gave up 1 sack and I think it was just 3 hits. That's a good thing, especially knowing next week he's likely to have his head removed from his body. Good for Redmond keeping with it. IIRC his biggest issues were penalties and such - not his lack of ability. He may never have been a pro-bowl guy, but you couldn't keep him in there for all the penalties he wracked up. Now, if we could just get a look at Johnson at RT (again, saw multiple plays where Hart was either running downfield blocking no one, or was standing around a pile. Hard to miss a block if you simply don't block).

It's not shocking to anyone outside of the coaches that the more you are able to run the ball, the better things are. The lack of Mixon the first few weeks was a serious issue. Even getting down 10-14 - Mixon has to be able to run the ball. They also ran the ball more on 1st down this game than any previous game. Bengals were leading the NFL in pass attempts on 1st down, leading the NFL in yards to go on 2nd down, and yet leading the NFL in rushing attempts on those 2nd and longs - negating any real rushing threat. I thought the play-calling was much more mixed/varied than it has been, and it has to continue to be that way.

Despite dropping an TD and turning into a TD - Sample is a nice TE. I think he can continue to grow with experience and be a real threat. Burrow loves throwing to his TE's and RB's.

How good is Tee Higgins looking? I was STOKED when the Bengals landed him in the 2nd round, and I think He, Boyd, and Tate can really form a formidable group of WR's for Burrow. Wouldn't be surprised to see them look for a true speed-threat, though in F/A or in the draft to replace Ross. Speaking of Ross - You have to kind of feel for the guy, but it only took 3+ years for the coaching staff at hand to finally get it right and deactivate him. I'd say just cut him, but I guess at worst he's insurance for injuries.

Speaking of poor WR's...man, I really feel for AJ. I'm sure the guy worked his butt off to get back this season, and finally has a QB that would have been able to get him the ball all over the field in his prime - and he looks like he's 50 out there. I've said it before - if he wants to continue on in the NFL - he's going to have to reinvent himself into a possession style WR. Gain about 15 pounds and bulk up, use his big frame to shield those 4-12 yard passes away from slot and LB's on defense coming out of the slot. His days as an outside guy are simply done. It's a shame we didn't get to seem him really connect with a QB like Burrow.

Props to the defense for holding on - but seriously - how can this team continue to give up scores in under a minute to end the half, or end games? Stop calling prevent/safe defense, and simply do what has been working all game. This isn't just a Bengals thing, either. So many coaches worry about getting beat deep that they just allow 3-4 completions of 12-15 yards giving up the middle of the field. Those plays take no more than 20 seconds, and instead of giving up 1 play for 40-50 yards, you are still giving up 50 yards, just in a few extra snaps. Prevent defense only prevents you from stopping the offense.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow will have plenty of reps after our D gives up a few TDs against the Ravens.

just blame it on Covid.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it needs to be mentioned that Tyler Eifert made his dramatic homecoming to PBS yesterday.... And got hurt.

Some things never change.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did one of our guys tackle him? or did he merely get hurt on the legendary PBS turf.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did one of our guys tackle him? or did he merely get hurt on the legendary PBS turf.
I'm going to guess it was when Bates nailed him near the goalline to cause him to drop the ball. It was a solid shot to the mid-section/arm/elbow area.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
poetic considering his history. I'm sure he'd rather be playing, one would have to guess.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Eifert. It's not his fault that he couldn't stay healthy. By all accounts he worked pretty hard at his injury rehab and he just could never stay on the field. Some of it is his build - Big, tall guy.... Big target. He took a lot of shots in his day. Gronk is similar - Lots of big hits - Lots of damage. Obviously Gronk was better and had some better luck with injuries.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Eifert. It's not his fault that he couldn't stay healthy. By all accounts he worked pretty hard at his injury rehab and he just could never stay on the field. Some of it is his build - Big, tall guy.... Big target. He took a lot of shots in his day. Gronk is similar - Lots of big hits - Lots of damage. Obviously Gronk was better and had some better luck with injuries.
And it's not like the 2 main injuries he had were normal injuries. Dude dislocated, badly, parts of his body in freak ways. I mean, how unlucky can you get?