• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: vs Tyreek and mostly crew. CBS/CTV??? 4:05/1:05

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the niners are coming though. They have a ton of talent not on the field right now. But it's a good spot we're in right now for sure. We can't be fucktards on the OL forever and expect to keep this ship afloat though.

Yes the 9ers are coming BUT they are the ones in the hole!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would have EVER guessed the two unbeaten teams in the NFC would be the Vikings and Seahawks after 3 weeks?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My takeaways from this game:
  • We have some serious thinking to do on the OL. Penalties and horrible blocking are what they do best. Bradford has 6 flags already in 3 games. There was a stretch there today where either our linemen held or it was going to be a negative play. Something is off up front.
  • Kenneth Walker is the center of gravity of this offense, if I had to name a single player. Charbs had a good 4th qtr, but we were unable to run at all for the most part for the 2nd straight week with Walker out.
  • Hall is going to work out. Unsure if it's just maturation or a difference in coaching, but he was a difference maker today.
  • It was good to see the TEs more involved. Fant has athleticism that should be more impactful than it has been.
  • I just wanted to pull my <remaining> hair out with all the offensive penalties. WTF?! I lost count of the stupid drive killing flags on the OL. And if wasn't that, it was a drive killing sack.
  • The early down run defense was a bit spotty, but I had confidence in them all game that they would make stops when needed. This is a complete 180 from recent years.
Tough task next week @ Detroit. Sure would be nice to have KW back, maybe even Nwosu. Fingers crossed.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the Niners choked away their game with the Rams today. I know the season is long and we've been lucky with our schedule but having a 2 game lead is really nice. Have to keep harping on the Oline play though. Holy crap on a cracker, that was ugly. I don't know what the hell we are going to do but it's awful at this stage. Cross is the only one that can really be counted on and even he got beat for 1 sack today. Bradford has the odd moment in run blocking but is inconsistent and a total liability in pass blocking. And him jumping on that hard count late in the game is unforgivable.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the Niners choked away their game with the Rams today. I know the season is long and we've been lucky with our schedule but having a 2 game lead is really nice. Have to keep harping on the Oline play though. Holy crap on a cracker, that was ugly. I don't know what the hell we are going to do but it's awful at this stage. Cross is the only one that can really be counted on and even he got beat for 1 sack today. Bradford has the odd moment in run blocking but is inconsistent and a total liability in pass blocking. And him jumping on that hard count late in the game is unforgivable.

Those pesky Rams! >.<

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division games are always unpredictable.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would have EVER guessed the two unbeaten teams in the NFC would be the Vikings and Seahawks after 3 weeks?

Seattle I thought had a good chance of being unbeaten. Denver/New England aren't good and we matched up well against Miami even with a healthy Tua. How it goes from here with the Lions up next and the 9ers coming to town in the next 3 weeks is where I started to get my doubts.

Now how the Vikings are 3-0............ I'm sure I don't know.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew the OL was going to be our big problem and that remains true.

The defense has been a true revelation. It's incredible what Mac has done with this squad. Hopefully we get Nwosu, arguably our best front 7 player, back next week. Hopefully Williams and Murphy are ok.

Tough game for Geno but both of his picks were bad beats. Geno isn't a game changer but if he can get protection he can be very good.

Nice game from waiver pick up Thomas. And Knight had some good moments

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks offense so far this season has basically given teams 10 points ( 2 safetys ( 4 ) 2 fg ( 6 ) off short field picks in FG range ). The defense really has only given up 33 points in 3 games.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wait there was a muffed punt also that turned into 3 points. Thats 13 points the defense really had nothing to do with. 13 out of the total 43! thats just STUPID! Young team new coach I expect mistakes but this team better clean it up.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wait there was a muffed punt also that turned into 3 points. Thats 13 points the defense really had nothing to do with. 13 out of the total 43! thats just STUPID! Young team new coach I expect mistakes but this team better clean it up.
What's remarkable is that we swapped out a bunch of "proven" guys for "prove it"guys and the defense has gone from one of the worst in The league to a top 10 defense.

Our pass rush, in particular, is night and day different

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's remarkable is that we swapped out a bunch of "proven" guys for "prove it"guys and the defense has gone from one of the worst in The league to a top 10 defense.

Our pass rush, in particular, is night and day different
Jenkins and Love have been such a breathe of fresh air at the Safety position

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew the OL was going to be our big problem and that remains true.
Why can't we fix this? It's not like we haven't used early draft picks over multiple years. Brought in several mid-level free agents. We seem to do a reasonably good job at addressing deficiencies at almost all other positions. Why can't we figure out the OL?
Tough game for Geno but both of his picks were bad beats. Geno isn't a game changer but if he can get protection he can be very good.
The one that Charbs tipped up in the air was on Geno, IMO. That's a dangerous area of the field to just sort of throw it away without actually throwing it away. That ball should have just been at Charbs' feet and live to fight another day. I'll give him a break on the other one though. A pass will get tipped at the line from time to time, and it's sort of luck of the draw what happens after that. Up and down game for him.... looked like it was going to be a great day the way it started. There's probably a limit on how we can reasonably expect him to play with the state of the OL.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't we fix this? It's not like we haven't used early draft picks over multiple years. Brought in several mid-level free agents. We seem to do a reasonably good job at addressing deficiencies at almost all other positions. Why can't we figure out the OL?

I wonder how much Schneider's disregard for making big commitments on interior linemen plays into this.

The one that Charbs tipped up in the air was on Geno, IMO. That's a dangerous area of the field to just sort of throw it away without actually throwing it away. That ball should have just been at Charbs' feet and live to fight another day. I'll give him a break on the other one though. A pass will get tipped at the line from time to time, and it's sort of luck of the draw what happens after that. Up and down game for him.... looked like it was going to be a great day the way it started. There's probably a limit on how we can reasonably expect him to play with the state of the OL.

On the first pick, Geno is in a pretty tough position. Take the sack and the safety or try to get it to Charbs? He got hit in the legs when he threw so there wasn't much he could do.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yah, the offense has been shooting themselves in the foot with too many turnovers. It was really interesting listening to Mac's press conference when asked about Bradford, he really didn't have a confident response. I think Haynes is going to takeover soon. I get the NFL is a different level but Haynes was the best pure RG in the draft... it's not like he's new to that position by any stretch, he has a LOT of college experience playing it. And part of the DK restructure makes me think we're trying to find another guard to replace Tomlinson who has also been horrible.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a rough next weekend if Williams and Murphy are both out against the Lions OL. It was nice to see Morris out there, though. And Hall is playing out of his mind... 4 QB hits yesterday according to ESPN (led the team) and 2 sacks. I mean I'm excited for Nwosu to come back, but I kind of don't want to see Mafe/Hall on the sideline lol. But the three of those guys should be lights out... Jones might still be figuring out his new position, but I have to imagine he's going to be #4 on the depth chart when Nwosu returns. Although, if Williams is out you could always shift Jones back to a DE position in the interim. He does have 3-4 DE line experience.

On the injuries, Williams is apparently a rib and Murphy is a hamstring. Hopefully Murphy just cramped up. On most rib injuries, average NFL time is 1-2 weeks missed... hopefully it's not a serious issue.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a rough next weekend if Williams and Murphy are both out against the Lions OL. It was nice to see Morris out there, though. And Hall is playing out of his mind... 4 QB hits yesterday according to ESPN (led the team) and 2 sacks. I mean I'm excited for Nwosu to come back, but I kind of don't want to see Mafe/Hall on the sideline lol. But the three of those guys should be lights out... Jones might still be figuring out his new position, but I have to imagine he's going to be #4 on the depth chart when Nwosu returns. Although, if Williams is out you could always shift Jones back to a DE position in the interim. He does have 3-4 DE line experience.

Jones provides beef on the line that none of those guys do.

If both Williams and Murphy miss time I would expect to see Jones slide inside.