• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 ... The Broncos

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at Lindsey’s numbers from last week against Chicago. 13 for 36 yards. So let’s bring the focus back to the run defense. I’m not saying the sky is falling, just pointing out a potential problem.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THe defense is allowing the new offense time to grow it is nice to have short fields after turnovers. We have to be almost equal on getting turnovers compared to all of last year

What we learned from Sunday's Week 3 NFL games

The Packers would make a living off timely defensive plays for the rest of the day; two Denver drives halted by forced fumbles resulted in TDs for the Packers offense. A Darnell Savage interception late in the third quarter once again halted Denver's momentum as it drove past mid-field. When it was all said and done, the Packers defense racked up six sacks, seven tackles for a loss, seven QB hits, two forced fumbles and a pick. A ruthless day for Green Bay's smothering defense.

https://www.packers.com/news/game-changing-defense-leads-packers-to-third-straight-win

Rashan Gary, Darnell Savage earn early milestones

Rashan Gary, Darnell Savage earn early milestones

Last edited:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at Lindsey’s numbers from last week against Chicago. 13 for 36 yards. So let’s bring the focus back to the run defense. I’m not saying the sky is falling, just pointing out a potential problem.
TOP was a big issue yesterday. It led to the defense bending more than usual. They had the ball for 11 more minutes. It was clear early in the game they werent going to let Flacco stand back there and get hammered so they pounded the ball and mixed in short and intermediate passes to move the chains. It was effective. We just need the offense to pick up their game and we will be good. Scoring early and often wont allow teams to wear down our defense like that.

We now welcome in a very banged up Eagles squad on TNF but they are still dangerous.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOP was a big issue yesterday. It led to the defense bending more than usual. They had the ball for 11 more minutes. It was clear early in the game they werent going to let Flacco stand back there and get hammered so they pounded the ball and mixed in short and intermediate passes to move the chains. It was effective. We just need the offense to pick up their game and we will be good. Scoring early and often wont allow teams to wear down our defense like that.

We now welcome in a very banged up Eagles squad on TNF but they are still dangerous.

I agree, the offense needs to put together more sustained drives. While scoring on them is important, it's just as important to stay on the field for at least a few first downs. Flipping field position and giving the D a rest isn't the worst thing in the world. With that the D will probably be less tired and maybe be a little more fundamentally sound.

When your punter has the most punts in the NFL, it's usually not a good thing.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the past several years we saw the defense commit the same mistakes week in and week out with the same response after each game," We need to get that fixed." Sadly, it never happened. I want to think this year is different, time will tell. At least this year they are coming thru when it matters and getting turnovers so that's definitely a step in the right direction. I believe if they can make the adjustments sooner during the game this defense could be lethal.

You could almost say the roles have been reversed. Now, the defense is carrying the team and the offense isn't performing up to their level. I think they will come around. The NFL is crazy sometimes. You think games will go one way and end up going completely in the opposite direction. Look at the Saints beating the Seahawks in Seattle. I didn't see that coming.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the past several years we saw the defense commit the same mistakes week in and week out with the same response after each game," We need to get that fixed." Sadly, it never happened. I want to think this year is different, time will tell. At least this year they are coming thru when it matters and getting turnovers so that's definitely a step in the right direction. I believe if they can make the adjustments sooner during the game this defense could be lethal.

You could almost say the roles have been reversed. Now, the defense is carrying the team and the offense isn't performing up to their level. I think they will come around. The NFL is crazy sometimes. You think games will go one way and end up going completely in the opposite direction. Look at the Saints beating the Seahawks in Seattle. I didn't see that coming.
defense is definitely carrying the offense right now

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally watched this game. If the defense learns how to tackle, they can be dangerous. The turnovers saved them. The offense looked sketchy as well. I’m a little surprised they are 3-0. I hope they can improve.