• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3 - Patriots vs. Lions

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats get back on track this week.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me is thanking the gods that we drew the Lions in week three.

Part of me is thinking if Blake Bortles can look like an all star against the Pats D, how might Stafford look if he gets it together?

Still, my gut says Pats 30, Lions 17.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions 72 Pats 24: Based on what saw from the defense last week of course.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lions looked better last week but I'm still not expecting much from them

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the point of signing Barner then? Was BB just trying to block him from going elsewhere right away?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, BB looks like a woman who just found $20 in a thrift store.

Since Kraft painted him in the corner and he had to trade JG, Bill has not been the same coach or GM he was before that incident. You can love him for all that he's accomplished but he seems to have hit a wall. Sort of like that old lady, "Help me, I've fallen and I can't get up."

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since Kraft painted him in the corner and he had to trade JG, Bill has not been the same coach or GM he was before that incident. You can love him for all that he's accomplished but he seems to have hit a wall. Sort of like that old lady, "Help me, I've fallen and I can't get up."

I can see this is going to be your mantra moving forward. I don't agree. While the Pats do not look spectacular right now they actually look better than they did at this time last year when Jimmy G was still on the team. I simply do not believe that Kraft painted him into a corner and I won't believe it until one of the two of them says it happened. I don't doubt BB likely wanted to keep Jimmy and move on from Brady but I also believe at the end of the day BB is a team player and would've reluctantly agreed with Kraft and continued on doing the best job he can.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see this is going to be your mantra moving forward. I don't agree. While the Pats do not look spectacular right now they actually look better than they did at this time last year when Jimmy G was still on the team. I simply do not believe that Kraft painted him into a corner and I won't believe it until one of the two of them says it happened. I don't doubt BB likely wanted to keep Jimmy and move on from Brady but I also believe at the end of the day BB is a team player and would've reluctantly agreed with Kraft and continued on doing the best job he can.

Neither Bill nor Kraft will say what did or didn't happen. We will never know why he was traded, who wanted him traded and what they wanted for in return for him. I will say this, BB's play calling has gotten me scratching my head lately. Now it could be do to health of the team but it doesn't seem like the same BB anymore

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I just read was Kraft fucked up this team and he now wants Bill to try and fix it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt BB likely wanted to keep Jimmy and move on from Brady

When San Fran called about the possibility of trading for Brady Bill laughed at them.

I am not buying that Bill wanted to keep Jimmy over Tommy. He may have wanted to pay outrageous money to keep Jimmy on the bench, but not keep Jimmy over Tom.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When San Fran called about the possibility of trading for Brady Bill laughed at them.

I am not buying that Bill wanted to keep Jimmy over Tommy. He may have wanted to pay outrageous money to keep Jimmy on the bench, but not keep Jimmy over Tom.
I don't know about this.

If BB really felt JG was the future then he would have to commit to this. If BB could have gotten a first two years back to back I can see him pulling the trigger. If you take those firsts and couple them for 2 and 3 round picks with another team that provides a lot of draft stock and youth with lower salary hits. BB has always been about knowing when to pull the trigger on a guy I really feel the Krafts when into full Jerry Jones mode and fucked BB and the future all in one fell swoop.

I honestly do not think TB gets another SB in NE and his pouty ways as it relates to JG were also a part of the problem.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, Hue Jackson said that if the Browns could have traded for Brady he would have given BB the entire 2018 draft and a first and second in 2019. I don't know if he's blowing smoke or is serious, but it goes to show that there was a lot of slippery shit going on behind the scenes that we will never, ever get even the slightest sniff.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about this.

If BB really felt JG was the future then he would have to commit to this. If BB could have gotten a first two years back to back I can see him pulling the trigger. If you take those firsts and couple them for 2 and 3 round picks with another team that provides a lot of draft stock and youth with lower salary hits. BB has always been about knowing when to pull the trigger on a guy I really feel the Krafts when into full Jerry Jones mode and fucked BB and the future all in one fell swoop.

I honestly do not think TB gets another SB in NE and his pouty ways as it relates to JG were also a part of the problem.

John Lynch Tells Story Of Asking Bill Belichick If Tom Brady Was Available

John Lynch asked about Tom and Bill Laughed and basically hung up on him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so, but your first response was "I don't know about this".
Only because we don't truly know what was offered. If the deal was huge at TBs age I can see BB pulling the trigger but not the Krafts.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because we don't truly know what was offered. If the deal was huge at TBs age I can see BB pulling the trigger but not the Krafts.

From John Lynch's side of the story, it never got that far.

John: "So...Bill, is Tom Brady available?"
Bill: " Haa Haa Haa HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!"
Click...

John: "Bill? You there? Bill?"