• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: Bears at Skins (Monday Night Football)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll find out just how bad our current offensive struggles are in this one. ZERO excuse for not putting multiple TD's on the board against this Washington defense.

I don't envision the Skins getting much going against offensively, but Keenum and the passing game has actually been respectable. Could it be a let down game defensively?

Eh... I don't see it. I think the offense has an improved performance, but I think it still leaves us a bit unsatisfied. We move the ball better but stall out for field goals on several occasions.

Bears 26
Skins 13

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the rest of the NFC has decided to be flawless, we're in the same damn position as last week where we need to win this game as it's not getting any easier from here. Typically, that's a normal situation, but we're not seeing anyone else that is good in the NFC falter against non-competing NFC and/or AFC teams. So if we want to be in the race, falling behind is not an option.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the rest of the NFC has decided to be flawless, we're in the same damn position as last week where we need to win this game as it's not getting any easier from here. Typically, that's a normal situation, but we're not seeing anyone else that is good in the NFC falter against non-competing NFC and/or AFC teams. So if we want to be in the race, falling behind is not an option.

Get back to me in a month and I'll give a shit about the standings. This game is important because it's one of the sixteen we play and it is inside of our conference. 2-1 is obviously a better position to be in than 1-2. However, there's no such thing as a playoff picture in the third week. Especially when you are only one game into your divisional schedule and going on the second of your conference schedule.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right there with ya. Skins have given up 30 points. I might even be disappointed if we don't match a 30-burger.

beareezyfaneezy

eezy livin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booger says the Bears don't have a #1 receiver, they are waiting on Anthony Miller to emerge in that role. Hey, Booger, Allen Robinson says hello.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booger is the worst color commentator. I can't believe some of the idiotic things he says.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Nagy is trying to get Trubisky some confidence. Easy short passes and a few tds in the first half. Hopefully that’s all he needed. I doubt it though.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez. Every single passing play is underneath. It's no wonder we can't get anything going on the ground. Also it appears Nagy is going 50/50 with Montgomery/Cohen.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I had to listen to first half on the radio and the radio guys said they think they saw Nagy tell Mitch to shut the f*ck up on the sideline. Lol any truth?

beareezyfaneezy

eezy livin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care much for Hicks walking off with a knee injury. Hopefully Gabriel's concussion isn't something that lingers. Outside of the pick at the goal line I thought Mitch looked decent, but I feel the D let off the gas a bit in the second half and allowed Washington to rally. I hope Eddy didn't do any more damage to his knee on his FGA in the game. He was definitely favoring the leg on his FG at the end.

At the end of the day they won a game they were supposed to win and won in a place they hadn't won in 16 years.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I had to listen to first half on the radio and the radio guys said they think they saw Nagy tell Mitch to shut the f*ck up on the sideline. Lol any truth?

Yeah, during our first TD drive. There was a timeout called and Trubisky got a nice ass chewing.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our defense was average, we would be 0-3. Dont tell me you guys didnt get alittle nervous whe we could only scrape a field goal in the 2nd half. Trubisky looks like a 1st year rookie still.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They let off the gas in the second until they finally picked it up on the drive that should've put em' away, but instead ended up with the worst fade pass ever thrown. God that was shit.

Trubisky still missed a few throws, but overall, I thought he played better and Nagy called a better game until they got up 28-0. I will say, fuck Patterson and Cohen getting so many carries...Montgomery should get a minimum of 15 carries per game.

The D balled tonight. Hope Hicks' injury is minor.

Oh, and the offensive penalties have destroyed this offense so far. 3 straight games where our average starting field position is deep in our own territory, and where early on, they take one step forward and two steps back. The o-line has played awful so far this season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They let off the gas in the second until they finally picked it up on the drive that should've put em' away, but instead ended up with the worst fade pass ever thrown. God that was shit.

Trubisky still missed a few throws, but overall, I thought he played better and Nagy called a better game until they got up 28-0. I will say, fuck Patterson and Cohen getting so many carries...Montgomery should get a minimum of 15 carries per game.

The D balled tonight. Hope Hicks' injury is minor.

Oh, and the offensive penalties have destroyed this offense so far. 3 straight games where our average starting field position is deep in our own territory, and where early on, they take one step forward and two steps back. The o-line has played awful so far this season.

The refusal to just run the ball with Montgomery like a normal football team is just becoming odd. Some of it is Trubisky always electing to throw on RPO's... but Nagy plays a HUGE role in not just running it straight ahead with the kid. For Christ sake. He's a really good looking back, we led by 25 at half and the he didn't eclipse double digit carries until that final drive.

Losing Hicks for the Minnesota game would really suck. Cook and that rushing attack is all they have. If we can contain that - we're going to eat Cousins for lunch... again. He crumbles vs any type of decent defense.

Really, really hope he's okay. He looked fine walking off. At first, I was scared he had a boot on... but it was just his knee brace that he always wears pulled down.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our defense was average, we would be 0-3. Dont tell me you guys didnt get alittle nervous whe we could only scrape a field goal in the 2nd half. Trubisky looks like a 1st year rookie still.

I was freaking the fuck out. Full blown panic mode when they started moving on us so easily following the INT and that lasted up until Trevathan forced the fumble. After that, I felt like we had things in firm control.

Trubisky missed a few throws, but all in all... I thought he played fine. If not for the end zone INT - he played very well. When we're being so critical of Trubisky, I think it's important to keep in mind that even the best QB's DO throw INT's and miss throws. I realize Trubisky is not that... but it's worth mentioning.

My faith in him becoming a franchise QB has waivered in a legitimate fashion this month. However, I do think we can find a way to win with him so long as this D is together and playing like this. We don't need him to be Tom Brady. We just need him to be a little above average and efficient. If we score 3 TD's a game. We will win... A LOT.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually got to attend last night's game. Was freakin' awesome to have almost a virtual home game away from home. Stadium was close to 50% Bear fans it seemed...

Thoughts on the game? Well, the defense really set the tone which, of course, is not surprising for us. There were a couple of instances where momentum COULD have swung or was swinging, but we were saved.

First instance was when we were up 7-0 and Trubisky was sacked back into the endzone. Looked REALLLLY close and if that's a safety? Home crowd gets a bit energized and maybe things go a bit differently in the first half... As it was, we jumped on them and took what crowd they had completely out of the game...

Second half came around and it started eerily similarly to the Packers' game last year where we thought we'd won the game at halftime. There was ZERO sense of urgency on both sides of the ball. Their offense started to come on and we seemed to have trouble getting back on track. Trubisky's pick (Cannot be understated how horrible a throw that was) and a subsequent 97 yard drive by the Skins REALLY had me concerned...

Let's face it, if Keenum doesn't have a brain cramp and try to dive over the pile like he was on the goal line trying to get a first down and fumbles the ball? We're staring down the barrel of a one-score game and a fully awake Fed Ex Field...

Nagy has GOT to figure out how to finish games...

The Corderelle Patterson lined up at RB experiment MUST end NOW... It is NOT working. Patterson is a talent to be used in other facets of our offense, but not there.

I hope the way Montgomery closed out the game for us sent a signal to Nagy that we've got something there. Understand that if he can run like that when were killing clock and they KNOW we're going to run, imagine what he can do when they aren't stacked up trying to stop him?

All in all it was encouraging, but still felt the defense carried too much of the burden. Would like to see the offense take more pressure off the defense, rather than the defense always having to set up the offense...

No matter what, it was great taking my son to his first NFL game and getting to see the good guys win. He had a blast!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booger says the Bears don't have a #1 receiver, they are waiting on Anthony Miller to emerge in that role. Hey, Booger, Allen Robinson says hello.
I shook my head at his comment, "run at Floyd". Floyd is a better run defender than he is as a pass rusher, it is his best strength. Obviously, Booger did not know this. Sad.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually got to attend last night's game. Was freakin' awesome to have almost a virtual home game away from home. Stadium was close to 50% Bear fans it seemed...

Thoughts on the game? Well, the defense really set the tone which, of course, is not surprising for us. There were a couple of instances where momentum COULD have swung or was swinging, but we were saved.

First instance was when we were up 7-0 and Trubisky was sacked back into the endzone. Looked REALLLLY close and if that's a safety? Home crowd gets a bit energized and maybe things go a bit differently in the first half... As it was, we jumped on them and took what crowd they had completely out of the game...

Second half came around and it started eerily similarly to the Packers' game last year where we thought we'd won the game at halftime. There was ZERO sense of urgency on both sides of the ball. Their offense started to come on and we seemed to have trouble getting back on track. Trubisky's pick (Cannot be understated how horrible a throw that was) and a subsequent 97 yard drive by the Skins REALLY had me concerned...

Let's face it, if Keenum doesn't have a brain cramp and try to dive over the pile like he was on the goal line trying to get a first down and fumbles the ball? We're staring down the barrel of a one-score game and a fully awake Fed Ex Field...

Nagy has GOT to figure out how to finish games...

The Corderelle Patterson lined up at RB experiment MUST end NOW... It is NOT working. Patterson is a talent to be used in other facets of our offense, but not there.

I hope the way Montgomery closed out the game for us sent a signal to Nagy that we've got something there. Understand that if he can run like that when were killing clock and they KNOW we're going to run, imagine what he can do when they aren't stacked up trying to stop him?

All in all it was encouraging, but still felt the defense carried too much of the burden. Would like to see the offense take more pressure off the defense, rather than the defense always having to set up the offense...

No matter what, it was great taking my son to his first NFL game and getting to see the good guys win. He had a blast!

I agree on everything except the Patterson thing.

It's absurd that we don't run Montgomery more. However, that doesn't mean you cut-out something that is working. Which the Patterson rushing package IS. Stop running him between the tackles, but those jet sweeps are like 3 for 3 or 4 for 4 on producing nice gains. Along with our longest play of the season. Stick with that for 1 or 2 plays per game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shook my head at his comment, "run at Floyd". Floyd is a better run defender than he is as a pass rusher, it is his best strength. Obviously, Booger did not know this. Sad.

He said run at Floyd AND Mack. However, he didn't mean that they were a weakness. He just meant that you can't run at the teeth of the D. You have to try to beat them at the edges. Not because Mack/Floyd are bad at run defense... but because the only hope is trying to catch them over pursuing. Get around end for a good chunk. He clarified what he meant after saying that and it definitely was not an indictment of either of those guys. It was more "Look... this is basically you're only slight shot at having success". Not because of them, because of the design of the D.

Boog is pretty good. The MNF booth is better than last year. Witten was brutal. The Robinson comment was dumb, but you're allowed one of those.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said run at Floyd AND Mack. However, he didn't mean that they were a weakness. He just meant that you can't run at the teeth of the D. You have to try to beat them at the edges. Not because Mack/Floyd are bad at run defense... but because the only hope is trying to catch them over pursuing. Get around end for a good chunk. He clarified what he meant after saying that and it definitely was not an indictment of either of those guys. It was more "Look... this is basically you're only slight shot at having success". Not because of them, because of the design of the D.

Boog is pretty good. The MNF booth is better than last year. Witten was brutal. The Robinson comment was dumb, but you're allowed one of those.
Of this we agree, Witten was bad. I will take Boog's commentary of what ever Witten was mumbling about.