• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 2... vsLV

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not saying you didn't hope everythings ok. Was just saying you were on...that's all. I also did not want to take raiders +3.5 when they were up 3, and driving.
You wanna do a straight up winner bet?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible game, never really felt like they were in it….offense had no rhythm….Big Ben took some big hits and the WR’s need to get separation or it’s going to be a long year…..just no consistency from anyone…..

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible game, never really felt like they were in it….offense had no rhythm….Big Ben took some big hits and the WR’s need to get separation or it’s going to be a long year…..just no consistency from anyone…..
yep, to me line looked awful again. But hey, we got najee, he fixes all that

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the end of the 1st quarter of this game, 5 Defensive starters were already down.

No Tuitt, Haden or Bush to start the game. Lost Alualu and Watt early. Despite that, it was still a close game.

Offense is still just garbage though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching... Tomlin coaching in his fears again. The man has lost faith in his offense. Going for it on 4th & 4 early in the game and putting his D on short field conceding 3 pts, to then not go for it down 9 in the 4tth qtr on 4th & short... Ben & Najee clearly disagreed with the call. The players have every right to be upset. I'd rather lose trying when you're trailing, than to play it safe & fall short. Matt Canada is almost completely lost in the NFL. The running schemes are just awful, and he has very little feel for the passing game. After all the Matt Canada hype this offseason we are left with Randy Fichtner 2.0. I'm very confused how the offense looked so capable with training wheels on in the preseason vs how it looks now. Why does everything seem so hard for this offense? Every yard seems like they labor to achieve. Meanwhile the rest of the league seems to have very little problem gaining chunk plays when they need them. Hell, I see better outputs from the Jaguars. Until this offense can win over the top with consistency then nobody is going to fear them and will continue to operate with single-high coverage making it extremely difficult to run the ball. If this offense doesn't right the ship next week against Cincy then I'll be praying that they call it quits on this Canada hire. Butler doesn't deserve a lot of heat after this game given how many injuries he's dealing with... Limiting that offense to 20+ points is a pretty decent day regardless. Did see a few mishaps in playcalling though when Raiders were in heavy sets & Butler kept his nickel D in. Once on a 4th down conversion where Carr did a QB sneak to fall into an empty gap against 2 down lineman. That's too easy. Gotta do better in those situations. D+

Offense... Failing to beat single-high coverage with this cast of receivers is inexcusable. Nobody is getting separation and it is painful to watch. DJ seemed to be the only receiver capable of doing that with any sort of consistency. Been saying this since the preseason, but Claypool lost a step or 2 this offseason. Juju & Washington have great hands, but it doesn't matter much when they are being depended on to beat 1-on-1 matchups and getting zero separation. And Ben's accuracy isn't doing anybody any favors. He rushed a lot of throws yesterday & missing some wide open checkdowns. Still, there has to be more to this offense than throwing jump-balls to Claypool. But why doesn't this offense attack the middle of the field? Every deep ball is down the sideline. Speaking of, that deep ball to Claypool in the 2nd qtr that was 'dropped' in the EZ was on Ben. Chase had the inside leverage and Ben threw it outside towards the DB & Chase still almost came down with it. The OL is trash, and possibly even worse than they were last season. But I've been concerned over this since the draft ended and here we are months later wondering why the team didn't invest more into it... And Trai Turner spitting at people is fucking stupid. I don't care if someone spat at him first... Grow the fuck up & throw a punch if thats the case. F

Defense... Injuries are making this unit feel like 2020 all over again. It was a tough result, but looking back this unit performed admirably. Waller was limited to 60+ yds, and they did so without Bush, Haden, Alualu & Watt. They defended a short field after a turnover to force 3pts, and again defended a short field when the offense turned it over on downs to force 3pts. That was a lot to ask from this injury-ridden defense and they limited the damage numerous times. Derek Carr was incredibly efficient too, and yet they only allowed 23pts. Better days ahead if they can get healthy. C+

ST... Boz is looking good & Harvin is looking ok. Would like to see more consistency with the punts but I think he's starting to get more confidence. That 58yd boot & then the 42yd pinned at the 3 was a beauty. But I still remember his first on the day, which was only 37yds and got fair caught around the 30yd line, which isn't good. A-

Overall... Home opener with fans finally returning and the offense comes out looking like absolute garbage. That is very hard to digest. Offense is still broken and you could point a finger at just about everyone involved. Canada, Ben, OL, WRs... It's a shitshow & I don't see it getting any better anytime soon. The OL has yet to show any sort of promise and nobody else is doing anybody any favors. If Canada can't find a way to win over the top then this offense is doomed. D

Outlook... Steelers stay at home for another week and host the Bungles. Honestly we should all be very worried about this game. Bengals have a lot of talent and they are at least being coached aggressively. Burrow throwing INTs isn't going to happen every week so I expect him to have a better game against the Steelers. If we see the same offense we saw against the Raiders then the Bengals should be able to win with ease. Jessie Bates is going to be on an island in single-high next week. Bank on it.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor block from Najee

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ben still avoiding the middle of the field.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the game due to being away but watched the highlights/rerun. Can't really sum up any more but the comment from Pittsburgh Dad at the end really sums up the offense and that O-line:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3