• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2...the Vikings

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis as the punt returner makes me very nervous...he just doesn't seem to make the best decisions...

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t watch the game. Any serious injuries? Just looking at the highlights and stats, the defense did well except against the run. Offense did great in the first half and disappeared in the 2nd.

Hoping to see a complete game before the season is out.

I do have to give some props to the D so far though.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all the GB defense stats and accolades are great but I'm going to be cautious and wait on an opinion until i see them consistently play like they did in Chicago.
Felling better yet?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't quite understand going for it on 4th and 1 with under 2 minutes left in the half. You have the opportunity to make a 2 score game a 3 score game...too much upside to a fg and too much downside for going for it. Maybe that's just me.
Rodgers thought they got the first according to his interview

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t watch the game. Any serious injuries? Just looking at the highlights and stats, the defense did well except against the run. Offense did great in the first half and disappeared in the 2nd.

Hoping to see a complete game before the season is out.

I do have to give some props to the D so far though.
Greene and Savage

yodamode

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Observations:

1.) Rodgers still doesn't want to throw the check down pass, holds onto the ball for too long and doesn't spread the ball around enough and still just looks to chuck it deep when he has guys running wide open in the short routes. It's Adams, Adams adams MVS Adams, MVS, Adams and so on. Kumerow and Trevor Davis look great in the preseason and now they're no where to be found. Also, Rodgers looks way too skinny and much slower than a few years ago before the injuries. Put some meat on those bones please and stop taking all those hits. Just follow the Brady method and check it down and let the Wr's/RB's do the work for you.

2.) Jimmy Graham is a liability. His blocking was an embarrassment, and now he's slow and washed up. Where in the hell are the other TE's? Just because Jimmy is the one getting paid the most doesn't mean he must be played the most. Give the young gun an opportunity.

3.) Defense still relinquishes the big plays. For the most part Minnesota couldn't do anything outside three plays. One was on a run for 75 yeards where the Packers D over pursued to the right and Cook made one cut, then Savage took a bad angle and he was gone. The other one was on a bomb where the defense was caught off guard on a quick snap and King was toasted since he wasn't even lined up and the last one was where Cousins was being sacked but managed to barely get the ball off on time and beebe darted for 55 yards. I think all plays were flukes but to adjust I would keep Amos deep all the time to protect against these long plays and use Amos for the screens or quick slants.

4.) First 3 drives looked scripted and after that the Packers and play calling went down the drain. It looked like the same thing as last week where Rodgers would just hold onto the ball and take a sack or throw it deep and incomplete. After that Allison fumble the game completely changed and it was all down hill. It appears this coach has no idea how to make in game adjustments at all but is good at the first few scripted drives. In game adjustments must improve drastically.

Possible improvements:

1.) On 4th and 1 with a lead in the opponent territory just take the damn points. However, if you do go for it do what the Patriots do and quick snap it for a QB sneak or a FB dive which is damn near 100% conversion. Attempting a delayed handoff and having the RB run east or west instead of north or south allows the defense time to penetrate and is a low conversion percentage play. The Badgers use the FB dive on those plays all the time and I've never seen it not convert in over 20 years. Vitale had all the hype in the preseason and now he's no where to be found

2.) Utilize all WR's, TE's, RB's and not just the same 2-3 players or else you're too predictable

3.) Hit the check down passes, screens, quick slants, shovel passes, more often.

4.) Consider moving Frackel to ILB. The man is to talented and fast not to be on the field.

5.) Trade for Dolphins slot CB in Fitzpatrick. Tramon Williams is a PI machine, King is an injury waiting to happen, Jackson is unproven, and the rest are rookies. We need another elite CB ASAP or else these deep passes will continue.

Overall, they look much better than they did with MM as the coach but the in game adjustments must improve and they were too aggressive which is the opposite of MM's play calling style.

Grades:

Offense: A+ in the first 3 drives and F for the rest. Overall they earned a C+.

Defense: B-: the one long run hurt, not being prepared for the quick snap and Amos not being the deep man must be changed next week. After that the Minn offense was shutdown until the D looked gassed late in the game.

SPT's: C: No FG attempts, punt coverage was okay, Davis needs to leave please as he's a major mistake waiting to happen.

Coaching: C+, great scripted gameplan but failed to make adjustments in game.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good.

Getting there. Cooks 154 yds on the ground is a bit concerning though. Definitely like the fact the defense came to play in the 2nd half.
He got half of it on one play. Yes it is too high but Cook is special when healthy

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got half of it on one play. Yes it is too high but Cook is special when healthy

There are a lot of special players out there. The team is still a work in progress and im sure they will take their lumps but hopefully little by little the defense will be a force in the league.

I actually agree with what yodamode said about Rodgers. He takes way to many sacks by not taking the check down pass. Not sure whats going on with him.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of special players out there. The team is still a work in progress and im sure they will take their lumps but hopefully little by little the defense will be a force in the league.

I actually agree with what yodamode said about Rodgers. He takes way to many sacks by not taking the check down pass. Not sure whats going on with him.
Rodgers was only sacked twice yesterday. The same defense got Ryan 4 times in week 1.

He does need to do a better job of taking what the defense gives but it takes time.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From today's II at packers.com:

Kent from Chicago, IL

I was at the game Sunday and saw a couple with a sign. The guy was a Packer fan and his girlfriend was a Viking fan. The sign said, “Dating a Viking fan is fun...she’s not expecting a ring.” That made me laugh pretty hard. Have you seen any other funny signs around Lambeau?

That sign is gonna be hard to top. I won’t even try.