• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 Reactions

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense:

Juan Thornhill didn't show up in a bad way- which is a good sign from a safety. Active.

Defense continues to have sloppy moments, but the secondary does look improved early from last year. Ward continues to be a concern, but he might the lone DB getting regular snaps that is a real concern.

Second straight week Frank Clark has been relatively anonymous. Chris Jones remains quite possibly the best DT not named Aaron Donald in football; he shouldn't be a 1 man band out there though in rushing the passer.

LB's continue to be meh, but I kind of like what I've been seeing out of Wilson these first two weeks.

Overall a pretty good outing from the pass D despite a gross 1st quarter. Need more from the EDGErushers, especially Frank Clark, who has big expectations. If the secondary continues to flash and/or add talent, there is little excuse to be so, well, anonymous.

Offense:

Interior OL straight stinks in runblocking, has to be said. Not really any holes all day regardless of the look. Erving is an enormous downgrade from Fisher in this category especially. Luckily- the passing game is extremely, well, good.

Mecole Hardman looks like a rookie WR that happens to be very fast. Had some great verts, but the short and immediate before looking at something more thorough like all-22 looks pretty absent and/or sloppy. That's fine when he's WR3 and pass option 4 I suppose, but I am not at all convinced this guy is a future star in the making.

Mahomes is Mahomes.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, where are all the Chief fans here??

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense: B+

Mahomes really stepping up here and showing that he is just a flat out good QB. Throws deep passes effortlessly like he is shooting a free throw. No idea how the Chiefs defense covers this stuff in defense.

PFF blames most of the oline issues on Reiter at Center but the interior oline continues to be an issue for the Chiefs as it seems to be every year.

Defense: B+

Chris Jones is still the Chiefs best player on defense. Breeland stepped up and made the big interception which marks a second straight week where the Chiefs D made a big turnover that really sealed the game up. Carr in general didn't have a very good game and thats always great to see.

Run defense looks really suspect. Ravens come in next week as the first team to really challenge this.

Chiefs are 6 pt favorites against the Ravens next week. Probably the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the AFC so this will be a fairly interesting barometer. KC can't be giving up 8 yards a carry next week and expect to come out with a W.