• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Lions @ Packers

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the source image

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent first half. Not enough improvement for me though overall.

Sewell will get good real fast. The secondary will take time. Maybe by year end they will be better. Even Harris didnt suck as much as usual. The LBs have not done squat. That includes the 3-4 ends like the Okwara brothers. Charles Harris is the only one that did anything note worthy. The D-line actually had a decent game. We have no WRs to mention. Cephus tried but is nowhere near a number one. Hock and the O-line did well. It is becoming obvious that Goff is nothing more than a game manager and will need a great defense to be a winner. RBs looked good.

Might only be a matter of time before Campbell blows a gasket.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent first half. Not enough improvement for me though overall.

Sewell will get good real fast. The secondary will take time. Maybe by year end they will be better. Even Harris didnt suck as much as usual. The LBs have not done squat. That includes the 3-4 ends like the Okwara brothers. Charles Harris is the only one that did anything note worthy. The D-line actually had a decent game. We have no WRs to mention. Cephus tried but is nowhere near a number one. Hock and the O-line did well. It is becoming obvious that Goff is nothing more than a game manager and will need a great defense to be a winner. RBs looked good.

Might only be a matter of time before Campbell blows a gasket.
Lions are playing 3 rookies(2 undrafted) at CB and one of the few that is not a rookie has 4 career games, half of which are from safety I believe. I am not shocked at all that they are struggling, especially going up against the recently embarrassed Rodgers.

The linebackers may have been one of the worst units in NFL history last year, not surprised it was not corrected in a year, I do wish they would give snaps to Barnes though. They are going to be terrible, why not let the young rookie start getting some play?

It is nice that the Dline improved, I think that was the most disappointing part of week 1's performance.

Overall, the defense is just as terrible as we all thought it would be, but if any of the rookies show improvement over the year and become a long-term solution for us that is a huge win. Nobody expects the Lions to be even slightly competitive, we should be loading up snaps for Mcneil, Onwuzurike, Barnes, and St. Brown.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are playing 3 rookies(2 undrafted) at CB and one of the few that is not a rookie has 4 career games, half of which are from safety I believe. I am not shocked at all that they are struggling, especially going up against the recently embarrassed Rodgers.

The linebackers may have been one of the worst units in NFL history last year, not surprised it was not corrected in a year, I do wish they would give snaps to Barnes though. They are going to be terrible, why not let the young rookie start getting some play?

It is nice that the Dline improved, I think that was the most disappointing part of week 1's performance.

Overall, the defense is just as terrible as we all thought it would be, but if any of the rookies show improvement over the year and become a long-term solution for us that is a huge win. Nobody expects the Lions to be even slightly competitive, we should be loading up snaps for Mcneil, Onwuzurike, Barnes, and St. Brown.
McNeil really stood out.