• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Bears (0-1) at Denver (0-1)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, sorry LSD but I am taking back game-thread responsibilities after the Week 1 debacle. All your fault!

Kidding, of course...

Denver looked pretty sloppy tonight, but I still hate going to Mile High. I don't like Vic's familiarity with our HC and personnel.

That being said... Watching Flacco struggle and get pounded by Oakland's pass rush tonight got me a bit optimistic that we can deliver a very unpleasant day for him.

With their backs against the wall, I think Trubs and Nagy bounce back. I don't think it will be pretty, but I think it will be a serviceable performance.

Bears 21
Broncos 10

Up 14-10 midway through the 4th quarter. The Bears offense calms some nerves in Chicago with a nice, long TD drive to sew up their first win of the season.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just get done telling us that Denver is the hardest game on our schedule and now are picking us to beat them by 2 scores?

I don't know whether I want to throw a chair at you or kiss you.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...We better win this game.

The entire f*cking NFC went against us this past weekend. We need a spark.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just get done telling us that Denver is the hardest game on our schedule and now are picking us to beat them by 2 scores?

LSD is one hell of a drug. That’s the only explanation I can come up with.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I literally explained how my perception of Denver was altered a bit from watching their offense look exactly the same as they did a year ago. Along with the D looking more underwhelming than I had expected.

I also explained that I think it's going to be a very tough game and that only in the end do we ice it.

Not sure what you want here. Yes, I think this game is tough.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally explained how my perception of Denver was altered a bit from watching their offense look exactly the same as they did a year ago. Along with the D looking more underwhelming than I had expected.

I also explained that I think it's going to be a very tough game and that only in the end do we ice it.

Not sure what you want here. Yes, I think this game is tough.

So, to be very clear about this, the guy that posted a thread about week 1 overreactions, based on week 1 determined our hardest opponent on the schedule is no longer tough because of game 1 results?

You had me at hello richi.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSD is one hell of a drug. That’s the only explanation I can come up with.

Oh, hey look who is taking passive/aggressive personal shots already.

This coming from the child who posts with his feelings and only remembers old threads/topics that show him in a positive light. Conveniently forgetting every interaction that he was wrong in. Needs to bring back threads from 2 years ago to show how "I'm always wrong". lol. You live in your own world, beengay.

I even extended you an olive branch. You choose to be miserable. I only wish to talk football with you peacefully. Not sure what your deal is and I'm serious.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, to be very clear about this, the guy that posted a thread about week 1 overreactions, based on week 1 determined our hardest opponent on the schedule is no longer tough because of game 1 results?

You had me at hello richi.

Now you're just being difficult on purpose.

Nice false dichotomy and false equivalency, though. Denver isn't coming off of a 12-4 season and doesn't have a unit as dominant as our defense. In fact, they went 5-11 last year. I expected to see a BIT of a different look versus an Oakland team that I think is still a year away from any possible playoff contention.

Yes, any Denver fan panicking over Fangio 60 minutes into a regime is being absolutely absurd. That would be an ultimate week 1 overreaction.

I suppose my biggest flaw in the eyes of some... is that (unlike many here) I don't have a problem with being wrong or admitting I am wrong. Yeah, I think I may have SLIGHTLY overestimated Denver. SLIGHTLY.

I have always viewed the Denver game as US being the superior team. But simply going into an environment where they NEVER lose this time of the year. I viewed it as a close game, that we might lose. Gun to the head, I did not feel good about it. I think it is and was a game most were underestimating on the schedule.

I now think that close loss will wind-up a close win. What an unbelievably drastic alteration! I mean, it's like I went from a radical feminist to a Trump voter overnight! lol

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, hey look who is taking passive/aggressive personal shots already.

This coming from the child who posts with his feelings and only remembers old threads/topics that show him in a positive light. Conveniently forgetting every interaction that he was wrong in. Needs to bring back threads from 2 years ago to show how "I'm always wrong". lol. You live in your own world, beengay.

I even extended you an olive branch. You choose to be miserable. I only wish to talk football with you peacefully. Not sure what your deal is and I'm serious.
Did you take another dose?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears bounce back big. No fooling Fangio just line up and out talent them.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you take another dose?

Totally.

Who do you think was under-utilized Thursday that gets more of an extended look Sunday? I'll say Montgomery. You? I think he slowly begins to dominate the share of carries. I would also like to see Miller get involved. Seeing him with 1 target was discouraging.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you got against acid, foo?!

lulz...good times

I hate Dave Matthews Band. But I got invited to camp out for a weekend at this farm in Buttfuck, Indiana and drop acid. I didn't even go to the concert. It was a bunch of hippies and college kids. I was one of the college kids. I didn't think the first hit was working so I took another. Classic mistake. That was a memorable evening. I think I got lost in a porta-potty.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just being difficult on purpose.

Nice false dichotomy and false equivalency, though. Denver isn't coming off of a 12-4 season and doesn't have a unit as dominant as our defense. In fact, they went 5-11 last year. I expected to see a BIT of a different look versus an Oakland team that I think is still a year away from any possible playoff contention.

Yes, any Denver fan panicking over Fangio 60 minutes into a regime is being absolutely absurd. That would be an ultimate week 1 overreaction.

I suppose my biggest flaw in the eyes of some... is that (unlike many here) I don't have a problem with being wrong or admitting I am wrong. Yeah, I think I may have SLIGHTLY overestimated Denver. SLIGHTLY.

I have always viewed the Denver game as US being the superior team. But simply going into an environment where they NEVER lose this time of the year. I viewed it as a close game, that we might lose. Gun to the head, I did not feel good about it. I think it is and was a game most were underestimating on the schedule.

I now think that close loss will wind-up a close win. What an unbelievably drastic alteration! I mean, it's like I went from a radical feminist to a Trump voter overnight! lol

You went from us losing to a double digit win...That's effectively a two touchdown swing. That's pretty dramatic. And you did so after watching one week of football. Not buying what you're selling. But it's all good...you can't jinx us any more than genius and his "let's look ahead two-five weeks" threads.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You went from us losing to a double digit win...That's effectively a two touchdown swing. That's pretty dramatic. And you did so after watching one week of football. Not buying what you're selling.

I've explained this all to you VERY clearly. So, like I said... you're intentionally being difficult.

A close loss in a game I felt 50/50 about to a close win is about as minimal of a shift as you can get. The hell are you talking about? lol. A neck/neck affair that is 14-10 until the Bears final drive where they ice it.

I'm done here. Before you talk football. Maybe you can find someone who can explain to you the concept of trading a veteran pitcher whose contract is nearly up for two 20 year old top prospects under team control for a small eternity. Maybe they can explain to you why a farm system is important. Then, someone can explain to you basic statistics and why Yoan Moncada is already performing better than Chris Sale (on his own without Kopech) who now has UCL issues and an uncertain future ahead.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've explained this all to you VERY clearly. So, like I said... you're intentionally being difficult.

A close loss in a game I felt 50/50 about to a close win is about as minimal of a shift as you can get. The hell are you talking about? lol. A neck/neck affair that is 14-10 until the Bears final drive where they ice it.

I'm done here. Before you talk football. Maybe you can find someone who can explain to you the concept of trading a veteran pitcher whose contract is nearly up for two 20 year old top prospects under team control for a small eternity. Maybe they can explain to you why a farm system is important. Then, someone can explain to you basic statistics and why Yoan Moncada is already performing better than Chris Sale (on his own without Kopech) who now has UCL issues and an uncertain future ahead.

You're all over the place. A double digit win is a big win in the NFL. Everybody and their brother would take Broncos +10 1/2 if you laid down that bet. I still think the Sale trade was dumb. Deal with it. The f*ck you mean, "before you talk about football" as if there's some sort of unwritten rule you didn't just come up with. Guess what? No. To all of what you are saying. Tough f*cking cookies if you don't like it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For fear of my eye's burning, I didn't even want to open this thread... This season better go up from last week or it will be war around here.