• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 16 Rams VS HAWKS

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want one stat that will give you an idea of what caused the turnaround on this defense?

In the last 7 weeks the Seahawks are tied for the most sacks in the NFL with 24.

I mentioned in the other thread that I was totally wrong about Benson Mayowa but this stat makes me realize how wrong I was. On Sunday Benson Mayowa generated 8 pressures which was the most by a Seahawk defender in a game in 3 years. And he did it on 24 snaps. That is incredible production.

If the offense can get itself righted a little* this team could be pretty dangerous in the playoffs.

* - I'll give @MrSnuggles2k2 a point here and say that that I think our coaching has been the biggest reason why our offense has become so less dynamic and explosive. IMO, they overreacting and need to open up the playbook in the playoffs. I hope they realize the same thing.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want one stat that will give you an idea of what caused the turnaround on this defense?

In the last 7 weeks the Seahawks are tied for the most sacks in the NFL with 24.

I mentioned in the other thread that I was totally wrong about Benson Mayowa but this stat makes me realize how wrong I was. On Sunday Benson Mayowa generated 8 pressures which was the most by a Seahawk defender in a game in 3 years. And he did it on 24 snaps. That is incredible production.

If the offense can get itself righted a little* this team could be pretty dangerous in the playoffs.

* - I'll give @MrSnuggles2k2 a point here and say that that I think our coaching has been the biggest reason why our offense has become so less dynamic and explosive. IMO, they overreacting and need to open up the playbook in the playoffs. I hope they realize the same thing.
Not just QB pressures, but back field pressure. Case in point, that play he made Sunday blowing up the play and tackling the RB 3 yards behind the LOS.

This is what Clowney was so great at, even though he didn't get to the QB often. He still moved the line of scrimmage back and created pressure on the offense. We weren't doing any of that early on. Now, with a couple pieces (Adams and Dunlap) we're seeing guys like Collier, Reed, Poona, and Brooks take advantage of the situation. Their play is elevated because of someone like Dunlap. To be fair, I really think Irvin would have provided some of that had he not been injured.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just QB pressures, but back field pressure. Case in point, that play he made Sunday blowing up the play and tackling the RB 3 yards behind the LOS.

This is what Clowney was so great at, even though he didn't get to the QB often. He still moved the line of scrimmage back and created pressure on the offense. We weren't doing any of that early on. Now, with a couple pieces (Adams and Dunlap) we're seeing guys like Collier, Reed, Poona, and Brooks take advantage of the situation. Their play is elevated because of someone like Dunlap. To be fair, I really think Irvin would have provided some of that had he not been injured.
Yeah, I don't think we can overstate what a difference Dunlap getting up to speed here has on those other players. When Olines have to account for a guy, it really opens things up elsewhere. As much as we trashed Norton all year and rightfully so, he has done a better job lately and should get a little credit. Of course, having all the pieces helps but I think Bobby Wags made a valid point this week in his presser. He said that everybody piled on Ken Norton early on but that the players had a big part in it by not doing their job. And that we should sometimes think about giving credit as much as we dole out blame. Not saying I'm on the Ken Norton bandwagon, just that I've seen a few timely stunts and blitzes called that fooled offenses. And the back end has really clamped down, granted vs some pretty shitty QBs but we play who we play and these are still pros.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bobby Wags made a valid point this week in his presser. He said that everybody piled on Ken Norton early on but that the players had a big part in it by not doing their job. And that we should sometimes think about giving credit as much as we dole out blame.

Thoughts, @MrSnuggles2k2 ?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a very political statement and similar things were said about bevell.
So you don't think Norton deserves any credit for how well the defense is playing the last 8 weeks?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a huge mistake to keep him and pass on dan quinn.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the relevant point. You want to keep him, id rather have a guy with a vastly better track record.

But then, you wanted to keep bevell too.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the relevant point. You want to keep him, id rather have a guy with a vastly better track record.

I don't want to keep Norton but he should get credit for the D's turnaround. He's more than welcome to stay as LBs coach if he wants but go get Quinn back.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, this is the thing. You make shit up and pretend it's true simply because you said it.

I was not a big Bevell fan, but I am someone who is able to recognize when improvement is made and am happy to give credit where it's due. You are black and white and stuck in fantasy land. This is why your opinions carry no weight.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see where I ever said this. Once again you're creating a narrative that doesn't exist.
There are epic levels of fence straddling on this board.