• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 16, Los Angeles Rams @ San Fransisco 49ers, Saturday, 12/21/19, 5:15pm, PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams chance to go to the playoffs is a simple one: Win both remaining games and have Minnesota lose both remaining games. The chances are slim. The Rams are still promising they will improve this late in the season but they have cried wolf one too many times to be believable anymore and genius boy seems to go stupid every other week. The D is laughable because last week they made a definitive statement that, despite the assertive sound bytes about going out and winning, they are not interested in any post-season participation. How does a defense go from holding Seattle to 0 TDs one week to getting torched by wide-open receivers three times in Dallas the next? The answer is we ain't showin' up for this game. Meanwhile genius boy forgets the Jumbo offense, his O-line gets beat badly, he forgets that Kupp came off a 220-yard performance where genius boy barely had him involved the offense in Dallas, and he struggles to muster any offense to match the number of easy scores by Dallas resembling anything like the previous two weeks. Nope. They are not going anywhere this year except home and if you believe they are, I got some serious South Florida property you might be interested in for future investments. Frankly, I am pretty much done believing anymore promises coming out if this bunch of highly paid Jackasses that could care less about winning it all.

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams chance to go to the playoffs is a simple one: Win both remaining games and have Minnesota lose both remaining games. The chances are slim. The Rams are still promising they will improve this late in the season but they have cried wolf one too many times to be believable anymore and genius boy seems to go stupid every other week. The D is laughable because last week they made a definitive statement that, despite the assertive sound bytes about going out and winning, they are not interested in any post-season participation. How does a defense go from holding Seattle to 0 TDs one week to getting torched by wide-open receivers three times in Dallas the next? The answer is we ain't showin' up for this game. Meanwhile genius boy forgets the Jumbo offense, his O-line gets beat badly, he forgets that Kupp came off a 220-yard performance where genius boy barely had him involved the offense in Dallas, and he struggles to muster any offense to match the number if easy scores by Dallas resembling anything like the previous two weeks. Nope. They are not going anywhere this year except home and if you believe they are, I got some serious South Florida property you might be interested in for future investments. Frankly, I am pretty much done believing anymore promises coming out if this bunch of highly paid Jackasses that could care less about winning it all.
I'm definitely not holding my breath waiting for the Vikings to choke away their playoff spot. I think the only enjoyment I'd get out of winning this one is that it'd hurt the 9ers chances at a first round bye quite a bit (even though it'd unfortunately be helping Seattle).
We've had too many opportunities slip through our hands this season, so we've got nobody to blame but ourselves. There's been at least 3 wins that we could've had (Seattle, Tampa and Pittsburgh) but awfulness and/or stupidity cost us at the end.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay can't decide if he wants to go with two TE or not. When he does he has to pull Kupp or Cooks out. This is all because of a weak offensive line. Fix that next season and get some help for Donald on the D-line and they are back. And maybe a new kicker and a better back up for Goff.
But for now PLEASE beat the filthy niners on Saturday and make my season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of thinks afoot. Goff may start the game, but if we get behind, expect to see Bortles as McVay will surrender quietly even though he'll give the media answer to the contrary. Goff has a thumb injury he sustained in Dallas. This may be another Warner scenario. And it may be used as an excuse to move Goff around draft time. There are rumors that there may be a number of major changes going into the off-season.

One major change that is at the rumor stage with some developing evidence is Ramswire has a story that claims the chances are good that Phillips will be let go and probably will retire when his contract expires which is at the end of the Rams season. This is a good thing because the cycling of the 3-4 defense apparently is giving way to the 4-3. Top teams are playing the 4-3. With that, we may see Brockers and Fowler moved as both contracts are done. Both have had games of brilliance but not consistent throughout the year to be at the championship level. These are interesting developments. No word on a Phillips replacement but speculation has Joe Barry as the early front-runner. We need a 4-3 guy who knows how to play consistent tough D all year. Stay tuned on these and other collateral developments.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not going to be able to afford extensions on both Fowler and Brockers. Our LB corp still sucks overall despite the play of Littleton and Littleton is also due an extension. I think they'll give Littleton a new contract and Fowler and Brockers will be let go. I also see Goff being moved in a draft picks recoup move but this is iffy at best. We have a number of issues on both lines and our LB crew. So I am anticipating major moves this off-season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a headline that is interesting. Higbee has had three 100+ yards games in-a-row. He is the only Ram TE to accomplish that feat in the modern-day snooperbowl era.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McVay was smart, and that is questionable, he should hire Kurt Warner as his new QB coach or OC. Warner does Rams games on radio so he is very aware of what is going on. Warner would instill the championship mindset in Goff, if they keep him, and we would have a transformed Goff next season. Warner would def call a better game than McVay and we would have players on offense who not only want to win each week but would know how to do it.

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things Retro:

No team is trading for Goff and his over-inflated contract. Had they not extended him, there would be interest in him, but not with his contract.

Also, I don’t see Warner having any interest in coaching. I think he loves his job at NFL network and being home with his family. I don’t see him giving that up.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warner now coaches at the high school level here Phoenix or did until he took the radio job. You might be right but maybe he will consider it.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the Patriots beat the Bills in Foxboro using the 46 D again and the Bills ignoring that little bastard Edlemann who killed them in the fourth. When are people in the NFL going get it?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I actually might be able to watch a half of this game.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALR, I bet Washington would trade for Goff. Daniel Snyder may be just stupid enough to be enticed to take that contract.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also watched the games of a couple of former Rams. Saffold looked his usual self but Suh looked slow and crappy in the production compartment. Brockers and Fowler may be joining those two in that category in the near future.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillips should change things up and run the base 4-3 and bring the 46 from time-to-time.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping we lay it all on the line tonight and empty the playbook. Got nothing to lose and everything to gain.