• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 15 Gio Bernard NonParticipation Trophy

Which Bengal will make you yearn to watch a different sport against the Steelers?

• A.J. Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Finley

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Alex Erickson

• Bobby Hart

• William Jackson

• Other: Specify in comments

• Total voters

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, like most people associated with this team, I have checked out. I actually watched most of this game yesterday because we had some other little kids over for a birthday and I watched football to stay sane. It's quite the trick, outgaining the other team while losing 30-7. In any event, Gio seems like a nice guy, everyone likes him, some were even upset that he got benched in the game. I say, if you are one of the highest paid running backs in the league (16th) then 3 carries for 8 yards and a fumble ain't going to cut it. There really was no lack of candidates - Trayveon Williams had a butt fumble, Alex Erickson was mostly useless, yada yada. Throw a dart, pick a crappy player. This week, we get a MOnday night game against the Steelers, and Ryan Finley may start. May God have mercy on our souls.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched exactly 0.0% of the game yesterday. Was out and about.

I may tune in just to see the carnage on Monday night with the Steelers coming off back-to-back losses.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched exactly 0.0% of the game yesterday. Was out and about.

I may tune in just to see the carnage on Monday night with the Steelers coming off back-to-back losses.

It's setting up very nicely. Pittsburgh has had a strange existence for the last few weeks.... All that COVID drama with the Ravens. A closer game with the Ravens than it should have been.... A weird loss to Washington where they were ahead by two touchdowns early and then sort of just quit. And finally, they got their tales beat a little by one of the better overall teams in the league (Buffalo). I never thought Pittsburgh was as good as that undefeated record they sported until December, but they have one of the best Ds in the league, they have Big Ben, and they have coaches that have been here before.

If I were a betting man, I'd wage that this will be a somewhat ugly looking football game. The Steelers D will suffocate the Bengals. The Steelers O will grind it out a little. Work on getting the running game up and rolling in anticipation of playoff football. Long drives, quick game. An unexciting beatdown by a team on a business trip.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's setting up very nicely. Pittsburgh has had a strange existence for the last few weeks.... All that COVID drama with the Ravens. A closer game with the Ravens than it should have been.... A weird loss to Washington where they were ahead by two touchdowns early and then sort of just quit. And finally, they got their tales beat a little by one of the better overall teams in the league (Buffalo). I never thought Pittsburgh was as good as that undefeated record they sported until December, but they have one of the best Ds in the league, they have Big Ben, and they have coaches that have been here before.

If I were a betting man, I'd wage that this will be a somewhat ugly looking football game. The Steelers D will suffocate the Bengals. The Steelers O will grind it out a little. Work on getting the running game up and rolling in anticipation of playoff football. Long drives, quick game. An unexciting beatdown by a team on a business trip.
One thing that is clear:

Ben is hurting. That knee injury is legit. He cannot move hardly at all laterally in the pocket. Not that it will affect the outcome of this game - I doubt the Bengals sack him even once in the game.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's painful to watch the Bengals without Burrow.

Scott Covington painful.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that is clear:

Ben is hurting. That knee injury is legit. He cannot move hardly at all laterally in the pocket. Not that it will affect the outcome of this game - I doubt the Bengals sack him even once in the game.
I agree. That's also why I think they try to get the run game cranked up. Take some pressure off Ben and support their excellent D.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN decides to go with Muppet Night Football, which definitely fits

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout that one boys? Always a pleasure to watch the Steelers crash and burn!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck was that?

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not one of those people who say “because 2020” everytime something bizarre happens, but a Burrow-less bengals team beating the Steelers, on Monday night football no less, might make me a rethink that.

now I kinda wish I watched some of the game.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh I watched the first half, figured I knew how the story would end, and went to bed. How about that.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think last night says more about how pathetic the Steelers are more than anything.

Big Ben was visibly confused by a Lou Anarumo defense... Hell they lose by two scores if WJ3 could fucking catch a pop fly.

Its been well noted the Steelers have had had injuries predominantly at the second level of their defense...but they we’re a total no show last night. If you allow Ryan Finley to look like Kyler Murray running RPO...you’re gonna have a bad time.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the bachalorette with the wife.
I noticed that the Bengals were winning 17-0 on my phone
so I tuned into espn on sling and immediately it started falling apart. we were back in the universe where Cincinnati teams suck, because I was watching. (quantum physics is affected by the observer)

i was watching a video on my laptop when finley had his rushing TD, I watched the highlight after.

well, fortunately I fell asleep, which allowed the Bengals to win.

who-dey!?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched most of the game as I was flipping around the TV. Figured I'd watch for comedy's sake.

The Pitt OL is awful. Ben is clearly hurt. The defense is a MASH unit. Even when they were healthier early in the year, they struggled against bad teams.

Good news for them is that Ben is coming back next year - along with his 40-something million dollar cap hit.